Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Crappy places my parents took me to eat.

mala

This thread was inspired by the camping thread.

My parents used to take me to a lot of crappy restaurants as I child. At the time I thought they were the shit, cause I didn't know any better. However, I sometimes look back fondly at these places even though Mom and Pop only took me to them to save a dime.

-Ponderosa-went there for the buffet. Since it was all you could eat, my Dad made sure I ate until I was ready to burst. You gotta get the most bang for your buck, right?

-Friendly's-always during vacation time. Kiddie meals come with a free sundae.

McDonalds-Mom was a smoker and she liked the fact that she could unleash me in the playground area while she chain-smoked her Marlboro Reds and ash in cheap aluminum ashtrays embossed with the golden arches.

Beefsteak Charlies-one of Dad's favorites. They had a salad bar with all you can eat shrimp. That was enough for him.

I'm sure there were others.

YO!

...i liked all those places...lol...also Big Bob's...the Ground Round...and this horrible chinese place by our house...i made a huge scene one night because i got an empty fortune cookie - they ended up bringing me a whole bowl of 'em...shitty eateries indeed - but what memories....:)

Originally posted by mala

Lol...Ground Round...they just opened on like 5 blks from my house. I was like, WTF?....this isn't 1987.

...lmao...let me know if they still give out peanuts in baskets...that's how you knew you were there, you were walking on shells from the minute you stepped foot in that place...

I have no idea about the peanuts. My parents never took me to "The Round" as a kid. I have no intention of going there as an adult.

Btw, Phatman, we've met before. You were with Chris and he was on his way to go stalk a waitress in Jersey.

Exactly. I'll give you one more clue.

Skittles, Mentos, Junior Mints. Go.

...hahaha...holy shit, i was gonna guess that but i thought there was NO WAYYYYY...lmao...ignore my pm....twizzlergirl....sweeeeeet.....wow...i'm stupified...i'm quite a fan of your posts...lol....

Originally posted by phatman

...hahaha...holy shit, i was gonna guess that but i thought there was NO WAYYYYY...lmao...ignore my pm....twizzlergirl....sweeeeeet.....wow...i'm stupified...i'm quite a fan of your posts...lol....

I can't believe you remember that sn. I think I only posted a few times under that name. I'm also a fan of your posts because they usually involve food. I was angry at Chris that night because I wanted to talk to you some more, but he was on a mission.

I can't believe you remember that sn. I think I only posted a few times under that name. I'm also a fan of your posts because they usually involve food. I was angry at Chris that night because I wanted to talk to you some more, but he was on a mission.

...lol...i'm sure we'll talk some more...i had no idea that was you...how friggin surprising...lol...but for now...it's of for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....buh-bye...

Yo, beefsteak Charlies was the shit...If I'm not mistaken wasn't there one in forest hills by Austin St.

My ex girlfriend who was from Iran...when she first moved here and didn't really have much money they would always have parties and special events at Sizzler as if that was the classiest restaurant :D

I totally forgot about Fribbles. Who doesn't love a beverage that is the same color as Pepto Bismol.

hey, not my problem that you chose the strawberry fribbles :laugh: !!!

to those that don't know, they're the most rockin'-est milkshakes. your straw will stay completely vertical if you leave it there - they're that thick. they also come in chocolate and vanilla :rolleyes: .

I had no idea that Fribbles came in flavors other than strawberry. Maybe thats a new thing. I think they only had strawberry Fribbles when I was a kid. I also liked the ice cream that looked like a slice of watermelon. Do they still have that? I haven't been to a Freindly's in over a decade.

I had no idea that Fribbles came in flavors other than strawberry. Maybe thats a new thing. I think they only had strawberry Fribbles when I was a kid. I also liked the ice cream that looked like a slice of watermelon. Do they still have that? I haven't been to a Freindly's in over a decade.

That was great... I used to by a whole cake of it and just have this frozen watermelon in my freezer whenever I wanted a slice!!

I had no idea that Fribbles came in flavors other than strawberry. Maybe thats a new thing. I think they only had strawberry Fribbles when I was a kid...

c'est impossible! they had them in other flavors when i was a kid, and i'm a wee bit older than you are. that could only be so if you went when you were young and i went when i was older. or maybe your friendly's was simply inferior refuse.gif .

Originally posted by weyes

or maybe your friendly's was simply inferior refuse.gif .

:laugh:

Idk...I've only seen strawberry Fribbles. And until you mentioned strawberry, I never associated that flavor with a Fribble. To me, it was just pink Fribble. I guess I never thought hard enough about the flavor of what I was drinking. Oh, and I've never been to a Friendly's outside of Pennsylvania, so it could be that they only carry pink Fribble in the Keystone State. Man, all this Fribble talk has gotten me nostalgic. I might have to find a Friendly's just so I can have one. A chocolate one, dammit!