Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grand Opening of NATION (Commack LI), Fri Nov 28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mattm2o

Come down next friday on me, you'll be pleasently suprised!

how about extending the invitation to someone who might actually go, but before you do, how about some more info. on the club. such as; is this a new venue? what type of crowd is it geared for? commercial or underground music? etc.....

as you know, sahara, aka cyberia, has been around for several years. i am not saying its great, but people go there. so what will be different about NATION, other than it's further out east.

Not commercial at all. Any DJ that you will see at Sahara, Mirage etc, you WILL NOT see here. The lights, the sound, everything will be grittier, and without a doubt more UNDERGROUND!

This is geared more to people with a real appreciation for electronic/dance music. Unfortonatley the DJ Lineup is tentative at the moment and as soon as I have more info on the upcoming events ill post it ASAP.

Opening night Nov 28th is Anthony Nero

Anthony has spun numerous gigs around NYC most recently @ Centro Fly, and recently completed a series of dates at Pacha in Ibiza.

Rather than type the same things over and over again visit NationLI.com for all other questions!

Originally posted by sawe

i woul rather go to a clubplanet meet up with a bunch of fat 1985 dressing guys and a bunch of reject too much hairspray having girls then go to Suck Ass nation lolol I give it two thumbs down!!!!

this guy is too much :laugh: :laugh:

The spot that Nation will be held at has a shitload of potential. It was insane when it used to be Amsterdam.

All of the dj's who will be in attendance at this venue are great.

Eddie Baez, Anthony Nero, and, from what I've been told, Rob James.

You can't go wrong with three dj's like that.

The music will be insane.

Originally posted by Dee Phunk

[swf=http://www.clubevites.com/clubs/nation/nation2.swf]width="550" height="260" bgcolor="#030F18"[/swf]

wlel i used to go to skool out on li and yes the clubs out there are very bad. but i like this flyer it say underground musical journey. i have neva a musical journey on any li club its usually hip hop for 2 hrs and 1 hr of garbage house. and i see baez is playing there. Sounds good to me.

Originally posted by donnie

wlel i used to go to skool out on li and yes the clubs out there are very bad. but i like this flyer it say underground musical journey. i have neva a musical journey on any li club its usually hip hop for 2 hrs and 1 hr of garbage house. and i see baez is playing there. Sounds good to me.

No Hip Hop @ This Party EVER......

I can't say this enough this is not like other Long Island parties or clubs...

We have lighting techs from Sound Factory, Former prop makers from the Tunnel, so whatever pre-concieved visions of Long Island clubs everyone has you should erase them from your memory.

Friday Night is gonna turn alot of heads

THE ONLY PLACE WORSE THAN THIS CLUB IS YOU GUESSED IT WEBSTER HALL I WOULD RATHER GO THERE AND HANG OUT WITH A BUNCH OF SMELLY IMMIGRANTS!!!!

:jerkoff: I see you get out alot, since your such an all-star clubber why dont you tell us whats cool then?

THE ONLY PLACE WORSE THAN THIS CLUB IS YOU GUESSED IT WEBSTER HALL I WOULD RATHER GO THERE AND HANG OUT WITH A BUNCH OF SMELLY IMMIGRANTS!!!!

Go chill at Webster Hall then.

If you're a true house-head, this party should be just what you've been looking for.

Rob James has ripped shit on the Island in the past, and was once the dj at one of the nastiest afterhours venue on Long Island. Eddie Baez's reputation at SF and The Tunnel speaks for itself, and Nero was nasty at Exit Saturdays before the end of the Saturday night parties there.

Collaborations like this don't happen very often, and I know the music at this party will be fuckin nasty.

To the people who put this one together: Good job.

Like my boy Mattm2o said, any preconceived notions about Long Island CLub life you all should get out of your mind, and get ready for something unbelievable. Yes we have many kick ass DJS and as said we all remember the good ol days of Freedom when ROb used to rock it, SF and Tunnel with Baez and NERO at Exit, but this party is going to bring us back to the days of old.

It's about damn time people are getting psyched about this party being put together, you all will be pleasantly surprised...

See you all Friday at NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

Will there be afterhours at this venue? I know that shit is getting much harder to pull off, especially in Suffolk County, but what do you think will be the approximate closing time?

Let's just say if the dancefloor is rockin the doors will be open later! I can't give you an actual closing time at the minute because it's all up in the air right now...

On the other hand I just came from our staff meeting and things are looking better and better, look for pics of the room and an upcoming DJ Roster in the next day or two.

Get Your Dancin Shoes on people this is gonna be insane...