Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Grand Opening of NATION (Commack LI), Fri Nov 28

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright morons...

I'll agree to jackass's comments that LI clubs suck ass. I've been to them all and that vocal commercial hip-hop/vocal crap just doesnt cut it. Nor does the crowds of snippy lil'biatches that think their shit doesnt stink.

I for one would be willing to check this club out if the music was PURE TRANCE/UNDERGROUND..

Some Tiesto..Corsten...Tong...Older Oaky......NO CRAP-HOP. or commercial Debra Cox "LOOK WHAT WE GOT" or "STRANGER IN MY CRACK HOUSE"

Let me know about a guest list/VIP...mdma@optonline.net

If this is true...if, in fact...that this spot will cater to us Long Islanders that are sick of the bullshit....then I will be a Fan of this place. If not...then you become sell-outs just like the rest.

And for the forum Jackass...if he wants to promote a party..then you have no right to open your stupid trap unless you go there and try it out...you must be the special member of your family.

Nation last night was incredible. The place wasn't too packed, but the music was insane. Rob James ripped that place up from the time the door opened, Anthony Nero stepped in for a while and ripped shit, then Rob James went back to killling it. He closed out a nasty set with his anthem, "Amsterdam." This was absolutely one of the best parties I've been to in a long time. Great vibe, great dj's who respect house music and truly love what they do, and great staff.

Nation was exactly what I expected it to be: a place that is concerned primarily with the music and vibe. I couldn't believe some of the shit that Nero and James were throwing down last night. What really sucks is that Nation is a local L.I. party, and as such, many people will not want to trek out to Commack on Fridays to check it out. Many people also have preconcieved notions about Long Island parties, but that shit needs to be tossed out the window. I know it's hard to believe that a true house venue like this could be held in a spot like Nation, but it is, and that little spot is virgin territory for true house-heads to rip shit all night on Fridays. Outside of NYC, this is one of the phattest parties I've been to in a while. The potential this party has is endless.

All I have to say is that it will be a fuckin waste if Nation does not last long. For you true house heads who didn't go: parties like this do not come along very often, and when they do, we need to show our love for them. There is so much great local NY talent , and to not enjoy that shit every friday would be a fuckin waste. Aside from investing money in renovations, the owners of this club have selected some dj's who know how to turn shit out and play for a crowd that wants to stay and dance all night.

Nation was phat, and I have absolutely no complaints about the night. Everything was perfect.

Keep up the flawless work on this party.

THANK YOU so much for coming last night!

I can honestly say that it wasen't the best night in the world but we made do! We had a speaker actually go on fire, and it took every last second just to get the DJ booth respectable for the night.

I hope whom ever came had a good time. Bear with us. This party is a work in progress! We trying our damndest to give everyone a decent product.

We had a decent croed last night, not mobbed, but Sahara and Mirage did so/so last night too so im not that annoyed!

Rob James was amazing he is a big driving force behind this party!

Anthony Nero, what more can I say you played great considering our booth dillemas!

Don't forget Eddie Baez this friday!

There will be photos and video up shortly on our website!

ON A SIDE NOTE it was nice meeting alot of you.

Larry (Legend) im sorry i didn't get you PM sooner I would have hhoked you up w/ the list. Nice meeting you and thanks for coming!

Originally posted by mattm2o

ON A SIDE NOTE it was nice meeting alot of you.

Larry (Legend) im sorry i didn't get you PM sooner I would have hhoked you up w/ the list. Nice meeting you and thanks for coming!

Hey man don't sweat it I got in touch with Bob...thanks though, it was nice meetin you also.

I really enjoyed the party last night. The set up was really nice. the venue was pretty dark and the light system was pretty good. Aside from the speaker setting on fire, the sound system was crisp with really clean bass.

The opening DJ played really well, I forget his name but he really seemed to know what he was doing.

Nero ripped it...he layed down a really sick set. Nice seen you again Ant.

The DJ lineup for the next couple weeks is pretty sick, once the kinks get worked out this is going to be a great party. It was nice to be in a club in LI where there was no hip hop and people stayed.

It depends. From what I know, the age policy is 21 and up, but they may let you in because they were putting marks on the hands of those who were old enough to drink, which sort of implies that younger people were being let in. You can probably get in, but you won't be able to drink. There were definitely some younger kats there on Friday.

Call them up on Friday and ask, email Mattm20, or go to www.nationli.com and ask.

Ok so I go to drag my friends out to Nation the other night cause it sounded good and free and figured I'd check it out. I told my friends the location and they said it sounds like eclipse, we all joked about getting into that place when we weren't even old enough to drink, but I guaranteed them there would be chicks there and the music would be good and its stuff that you don't hear on the radio. While we were getting ready my friend asked about a dress code and I told him that it was supposed to be an UNDERGROUND-type party for people who like good music so being that they don't discrimnate at established NYC places such as avalon and arc, that he should be fine with designer sneakers and a long sleeve t-shirt. So we get to eclipse, i mean nation, at around 1045pm to ensure free entry. We walk up to the big fat bouncers guarding the doors and they told us that they weren't letting people in and to come back in about 20 minutes, as we were walking away one of them says, "ever hear of a dress code." THANK YOU ASSHOLE. I don't put up with that shite! You can thank those dudes if there wasn't a big turnout....

I really wanted to hear some good tunes close to home that night too, but who was I kidding. My advice would be to have the promoters decide who stays and who go's, not some juiced up bouncer.

Yo Search,

As a spokesman for the party, I apologize for the remarks made by the door man. You should not have had a problem getting into the party. It will be discussed at the next meeting, and taken care of. Throw me an email at locascio23@yahoo.com or a PM for guestlist info to come down for BAEZ on Friday.

Just so everyone knows, dress how you would goto ARC "BE Yourself" Fridays. This is an underground party being thrown, as said on our messageboard dress up as a chicken we don't care.

See everyone for another great night, EDDIE BAEZ........