Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Opium Garden can kiss my ass....

fostech

Originally posted by saleen351

looks like opium is done, well not really, but the sound issue came out last night again and L&B were pissed and stopped playing, so opium put a cd on, then finally the sound to the main room was turned off..

I won't knock opiums success ever, but man it's time to crank mansion up and close down opium....

Opium has to be the nicest venue on the beach. They get an A for decor. But they do have sound issues which are magnified when you have a music driven event.

How much could it cost to build a glass dome? Damn, it would kill ANY venue.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351

i was told they had engineers look at putting on a roof, and it was 2 million dollars... I find that hard to beleive unless the place right now can't handle a roof..

i was told they had engineers look at putting on a roof, and it was 2 million dollars... I find that hard to beleive unless the place right now can't handle a roof..

I could imagine it could cost that much. But with the "fame" they have, and the kind of venue, IMO those 2 mil would be a wise investment.

It is a paradise in there.

the bar tenders on the left were awful.. they were unfriendly, made terrible drinks & you could tell they didnt want to be there...

i started out by opening up a tab with the new female bartender...

i had to repeat my order to her 3 times before she got it right...(drink was mostly ice.. second time i went to the guy bartender right next to her, i told him i opened up a tab with her..

he said that he couldnt get me my drink cos i opened the tab w/ her & i had to go to her.. which is ridiculous.. i told him " dont you guys split you tips?'" he then proceded to make my drink. ( the drink was ok)..

the last drink i went back to her & she made me a drink that was almost all soda water.. i asked her to put i bit more alcohol & she said no. i immediately closed my tab.

i hope it was just an off night cos this has never happened to me before at opium.

now the sound

the sound on the dance floor was god awful..

they turned the bass completely off..

& as the night kept going the the volume kept decreasing....

the residents are killing the place..

the best sound was coming from the the booth where the party was really happening...

still had a great time though

good seeing everyone

this is great stuff. all true. it sucks that opium wont let 4 dudes in. what is opium thinking? groups of guys should always be let in. 4 damn you should of brought 8 guys and they would of given you free bottle at those other clubs mentioned. come on guy you said it yourself you have contributed to club life for the last 8 years and you dont know the deal about rolling up with a crew of just dudes. i am sorry that the door guys didnt give you the respect that you deserved though.

I don't care what your door policy is, a guy like that, if its true is bad for business. It's bad when fellow djs can't get into your establishment, bad when you don't give any industry workers courtesy. But on another note, being a dj- I generally don't travel with more than one guy friend if its just us- if it is more I make sure girls are in the mix, I call ahead, and always have some DJ credentials, flyers, etc on me-doesn't hurt to give the tough bouncer or door guy a cd to smooth him out either.

Just my 2 cents.

it's opium, you should havd known, every time I go which is rare because i only liked the place when it was Amnesia, i always send out emails and make sure i'm gonna get in....

They always take care of me, but it usually takes some wrangling with the guys. Opium sucks but they have their market, and are the most suceessful club in florida. But it's your fault for going late....

And if I were a boucer I wouldn't give a fuck where you spun either... There is 4275982374592834572398570345023945780975098432759837459823734983453 wanna be djs out there...

Nick cleary posted for everyone to get their early, he warned you, so suck it up and move on, or you could have went to crobar and popped some pills, crank up the glowsticks and vapor rub and listned to some trance...

your funny bro. if this had happened at Space. you would be ripping everybody from LP to his mother. :laugh:

the point is someone went to a venue to hear an act, and got treated like sh*t at the door. IMO instead of trying to fill the status quo. let people in who want to hear some beats.particularly if they are willing to pay for the same. who accompanies them is irrelevant.

;)

Yo, I totally agree with you, I think that the scene is totally pretentious but from what you said it seems as if you've been clubbing in Miami for awhile, can you actually tell me that you did'nt know that Opium Gardens was'nt like that. C'mon Opium is Famous for that. You speak of the music and the clubber, I know it's the wrong mentality but the owners dont give a shit about the clubber or the music all they care is about the $$$$ and as long as it's rolling in they'll pull shit like that. As for the girl situation, again, it seems as if you've been around the club scene for awhile, EVERY club wants chicks, and if you have none, ESPECIALLY if your there later and they've already let in hundreds of guys, you could probally guess it's going to be a mission to get in. Why did'nt you grab some girls from the crowd and told them to hang with you, that always works. In conclusion sorry bro I hope it never happens again, A) Get there earlier, B) Bring Chicks, or C) Boycott Opium.

Peace!

I MEAN FUCK EVERYONE, THIS HAS OPIUM'S POLICY FOR MANY YEARS AND THATS WHY THEY HAVE BEEN SUCESSFULL, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT A BUNCH OF WINKERS PULLING UP, THE WANT THE NICE PEOPLE THAT SPEND MONEY CAUSE THE FINEST GIRLS ARE THERE.

FUCK EVERYONE, THATS THE POLICY ACCEPT IT, IF THEY WOULD LET EVERYONE IN THE CLUB WITH A GROUP OF GUYS, IT WOULD BE A MODA FUCKING COCK FEST.

WHO WANTS TO BE IN A COCK FEST.

Originally posted by sotuorlando

Yo, I totally agree with you, I think that the scene is totally pretentious but from what you said it seems as if you've been clubbing in Miami for awhile, can you actually tell me that you did'nt know that Opium Gardens was'nt like that. C'mon Opium is Famous for that. You speak of the music and the clubber, I know it's the wrong mentality but the owners dont give a shit about the clubber or the music all they care is about the $$$$ and as long as it's rolling in they'll pull shit like that. As for the girl situation, again, it seems as if you've been around the club scene for awhile, EVERY club wants chicks, and if you have none, ESPECIALLY if your there later and they've already let in hundreds of guys, you could probally guess it's going to be a mission to get in. Why did'nt you grab some girls from the crowd and told them to hang with you, that always works. In conclusion sorry bro I hope it never happens again, A) Get there earlier, B) Bring Chicks, or C) Boycott Opium.

Peace!

very good advice.

Oscar fucked up...if he knows the Miami scene...he knows how Opium and the other alike locations are. They will give you a real hard time at the door unless you are a regular at the club.

Originally posted by sobeton

your funny bro. if this had happened at Space. you would be ripping everybody from LP to his mother. :laugh:

the point is someone went to a venue to hear an act, and got treated like sh*t at the door. IMO instead of trying to fill the status quo. let people in who want to hear some beats.particularly if they are willing to pay for the same. who accompanies them is irrelevant.

;)

Space is not Opium . . .2 different animals

ok we all know that the normal crowd at Opium is too cool for school. But All you guys complain'n about not getting in have no one to blame but yourself. Nick sent out the word to arrive early and he personal was working the door to boot. Opium is always one of the more high profile places to hang on a Friday and just cause you think you are a local and should be give'n the royal treatment is no excuse to bitch. Yes it's true most of us don't go to Opium often because of the normal hassels. But we all know this, so you should have come with a better game plan. Sorry to everyone who missed out on some sick proper house music. The party was off the chain. Great job Nick, Dade and the whole crew!!

I had a great time and I had absolutely no problems at the door! :laugh:

I try and keep quiet about all this but it's time...

WAKE UP!!!

I don't hear anyone that dresses up and walks up with 4 hotties complaining... and when I go to "a place like Opium" I really am in strong favor of the ratio they got going on there!!!

I'm a dj and a promoter and I NEVER go to the door at ANY club "like Opium" with a train full of my buddies, unless I have a few Mr. Jacksons to hand the door guy...

Do I think it's good business????

HELL YEAH! And that's why there's a pool of guys trying to get in week in and week out; because there are soooo many beautiful people inside. There are different types of clubs and we all know what they are... don't go to a 5-Star restaurant and get pissed because there's no 99¢ value menu... And don't go to McDonalds and expect to eat off their best china!!!

Would it piss me off??? Yeah, but like I said, I would never put myself in that situation... I'd go to a bar and listen to some bedroom dj or jukebox with "my buddies" ...

And in defense of Nick... he personally stood outside and made absolutely certain his peeps were taken care of. He took very good care of several of my friends as well so I can say attest to it...

I am the resident dj there every Friday and I have tons of guy friends that would love to come.. and they do... but not without a truckful of women in tow! And when the list closes... it closes.. not my policy or Nick's... we just follow the rules... You people want something for free??/ No problem but there has to be terms.. come by 12:30 and you're in free... that easy! You want 39¢ Cheeseburgers... you had to go on Sunday! :D

Thanks Nick... Great party... and as always... Thanks Dave.. You Da Man!

Not only did Nick stand at the door for hours to make sure that things went smoothly for you guys, but I saw him go to the door to get people in at least six times throughout the night. He had a ton of things going on but still went out for everyone that called as did I.

My policy is to usually travel alone or with one other max, guy or girl...it makes things easier at every club I've ever been to, whether I'm "working there" or not...besides, if I waited for half my lazy friends to get their shit together, I'd never leave the house. :laugh:

Nick did warn y'all to get there early, like 10:30-11:00 or so. Even for the latecomers, he still pulled some weight and got them in. A girl I invited got in at 12:15 without any issues apparently...she's not your typical Miami slut either, so she didn't "play" to get in...she was on the normal CJ list and got in just fine.

As for L & B playing exclusively Privé, that would have been a kick in the beanbag to the partygoers that evening...Privé is a VIP club, which is cordoned off by definition...I'm sure L & B would have not appreciated it too much either, not getting to play for the crowd that wanted to hear them, rather than to the crowd that was there to be seen. As part of my new rage control policy, I'll end my comments on Privé here :cool: (count to ten!)

But this is typical though...someone throws the community a bone here, and it's still not good enough for some people. A lot of folk came up to myself, Nick and Sarah last night to thank the CJ crew for all their work and such to get this and other parties going, but then I come around to this cycle of the usual "doorguy didn't give me head" complaints...:laugh:

it's simple folks....

one of my main friends is on the "guaranteed" entry list for EVERY hard-access spot on the beach: mynt, shoreclub, opium, pearl, tantra, bed.....

it's about tipping, tipping, tipping, establish a report with the doorman over time

instead of paying entry of $20 a head, give the doorman $20 x the number of people with you...after 3-4 times your set...you only pay the doorman after that and get comped the admission....

especially at places like mynt where you have just as many model type girls outside as inside...showing up with girls won't do give you an advantage...

I know many of you shun these places but just letting you know...