Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold @ Avalon Thanksgiving Eve

Originally posted by PCR

$40 "not too expensive" ???

that's as expensive as they get for DJs.

Most of the time it's like $20...$25 (tonight Ferry C at Avalon $15 before midnight if using guestlist)

Umm...Oakenfold...

Hello??

He's earned his way to get paid....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PvD @ Roxy was $30 in advance (ok $34 with the fees) ....I'd like to see Oakey pull a show like that.

I am not necessarly saying that it won't be worth it - I just disagreed with his statement that $40 is inexpensive.

besides Ferry or Armin are as "popular" (IMO better at DJing as well but that just my opinion) and they don't charge as much....

is it neat , but not over dressed basically its the doormans call...i work for the club and i get yelled at sometimes...bascially try to look ur best ( trendy).....my friends get in with jeans shoes and a nice shirt...

any mor einfo on the night jus p m me..

Originally posted by Roxxia

Umm...Oakenfold...

Hello??

He's earned his way to get paid....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I know you're a huge Oakenfold fan, but I saw him last year at WMC and, I'm sorry to report, I just wasn't as impressed as I once was with him. Technically he's still all there, but I guess his track selection and my tastes have just diverged over the years.

Not sure I'd pay $40 to go see him anymore, sorry :(

I'm definitley going....

Does anyone know when he'll spin? I gotta pick up my brother at Laguardia at 11 pm...so obviously we'll be running a little late!

As for Oakie, everyone knows he can't spin (DJ) if his life depended on it...

But the last time I saw him he was phenomenal, moreso with the track selection than the mixing...

That's what I'm hoping for on Wednesday. Haven't been out since I saw Armin Van Buuren in San Francisco 10/17 @ 1015...

should be fun!

yo cubano..what in the world makes u think that he'll spin more than 2 hrs?? where did u hear this? i saw the man about 25 times and he spun more than 2 hrs 1 time at centrofly as we stood there in shock. i was a huge fan but face it he lost it. hes as cheezy as they come. the only thing he still has is aura.

Originally posted by diezel56gd

so i guess a little birdie told u he was spinning for 4 hrs then? is that what your saying? u got the official word thats hes on for 3 or 4 hours? tell me cuz then ill be there with bells around my neck.

ME 2, !!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLLAAAAAAAAAAA

Sup homeboy,

Victor Soto

Oakenfold hasn't lost anything...he's just making a ton of money now and is getting lazy. But I guarantee if he really wanted to he could play like he did back in the day and drop an insane psy-trance-ish set tomorrow night. He won't, but he could if he really wanted to. He doesn't doesn't give a shit enough to.

Originally posted by Roxxia

OK,OK,,,You want a rise!

You got it!!

It's on brotherman...

First off,I am NOT knocing ARC..get it together DUDE,I only said that it sucked because they don't serve any alcohol...

Secondly...Arc DOES have a great vibe!

Thirdly...If u rate Oakie as a commercial DJ,then,that's your validity!!!

GOT IT!!!

and for all the fans that equate Oak with Louie,then,that's on them,,I could care less...

BTW...Who the hell are you anyways??

Are u some great superstar DJ that gets paid 100,000 per gig?

I didn't think so...

Now step off,before I run you right into the womb that u came from!!

Don't mess with the dark side

...Please for the love of GOD stop it!...You make yourself look like more of a complete fucking knucklehead each day you post... Not only are you argumentative with anybody who has a different viewpoint, but you RALLY behind fucktards like Oakenfold, who haven't had cred in ANY scene across the face of this earth in about 10 years...

..Please, for the good of the gene pool, kill yourself...:jerkoff:...

Paul Oakenfold @ Avalon Thanksgiving Eve 11.26

WEDNESDAY, Nov 26th - THANKSGIVING EVE

PAUL OAKENFOLD

Eddie Bang

John Debo

Thanksgiving in NYC signifies two events – the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and over the last five years - a proper PAUL OAKENFOLD DJ event. In what is fast-becoming a Gotham tradition, Oakenfold returns for his 5th annual Thanksgiving party.

Widely considered the most popular and influential DJ and producer,PAUL OAKENFOLD has lent his formidable talents to an encyclopedic array of major artists – everyone from Madonna to U2; Dave Matthews to Moby; Ice Cube to Incubus and beyond.

He is the first electronic artist ever to be inducted into the Guinness Book of Records, the only DJ to have a display in the Hard Café’s Rock and Roll Museum, and also the first DJ ever to headline the Hollywood Bowl, where he performed before an audience of 15,000 plus. He has helmed chart topping remixes for Madonna (“American Lifeâ€) and Justin Timberlake (“Rock Your Bodyâ€) and his smash 2002 album, Bunkka, featured guest vocal performances by the likes of Nelly Furtado, Tricky, Perry Farrell and the peripatetic Hunter S. Thompson. His music has graced such major feature films as Planet Of The Apes, Matrix: Reloaded, Swordfish and Austin Powers and he was the headlining DJ on Moby’s massive Area:One North American tour, as well as racking up gold sales for his prior mixed album, Another World.

On the heels of his latest Perfecto Presents…Paul Oakenfold: Great Wall release, featuring the mesmeric new single “Hypnotized,†the people’s DJ returns to NYC for another pre-turkey blow-out!

AVALON

662 Sixth Avenue @ 20th Street

Doors at 9pm

18+ girls,

Clubplanet.com

$40 advance tickets