Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakie lays it down...

what a night ata avalon..awesome set from the legend himself. no cheeze whatsoever, that i can remember. i think he spun for about 2 or 2 1/2 hrs. the club was saying all along that he was gonna spin 4 hrs but of course to no avail. anyhow, great vibe all night and a really good crowd. oakie rekindled a little belief in me once again that he can still lay it down. peace

Originally posted by bklynclubkid

Avalon was the shit lastnight.. The music was slammin all night, the crowd was mad chill, place was jumping.. Great time..

werd up!!

yeah last night oakenfold definitely went off.. he took to the decks at about 1:09 and i left around 4:10 and he was still going (i think) could be wrong but he was going in to breakbeats, my legs couldn't take it anymore.. he started playing some harder stuff, definitely not on the cheesy side for all the oakenfold haters out there.. The crowd was a little on the weak side but it's oakenfold so i guess that is expected.. I like what they did with limelight it looked great!! Aside from the lack of ass it was a great night.. cant wait to see bad boy bill tear that place up dec 6th

Originally posted by *********

deeperndeeper is def a promoter wit a fake name lol....registered nov 2003....

what a loser...

your the fuckin loser for thinkin im a promoter as a matter of fact i despise promoters, wut fuckin dj comes to nyc and spins a 2 hour set of garbage fluffy trance and charges you assloads of money

My take on last night:

Oakenfold was very good, not excellent but very good nonetheless. Was it worth $40?? - those who were there can judge for themselves. He did play about 2 1/2 hours from approx. 1 - 3:30 AM

Some of the tunes included:

Benny Bennasi - Satisfaction and the new Who will save Us

Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (got the biggest crowd reaction of the night)

Underworld - Dark and Long (Dark Train)! Glad to see that a classic from 1994 can sound just as fresh in 2003 along with.....

Li Kwan - Point Zero (remix)! - can anyone provide info about this (for anyone who doesn't know what this tune is, the original is the 3rd tune on the Goa Mix)

Underworld - Born Slippy (Oakenfold Remix)

Ameoba Assassin - Piledriver (Grayed Out Remix)

G Club - Guitarra G remix? (it used that same guitar sample)

No Annie Lenox, Justin Timberlake or Madonna remixes...

No Bunkka material... (although I listened to the CD both on the way there and on the way back)

Paul had a set of recurring visuals going on during his set that included shots of NYC with some crawling text at the bottom about conversing the planet along with the person on the cover of the Southern Sun and Starry Eyed Surprise singles (UK)

Yes Oakie did the Jesus Christ pose more times than I could count....

Regarding the other DJs - John Debo was good although the tribal/progressive house really isn't my cup of tea

Eddie Bang was also pretty good as well - he got a good crowd reaction with his next to last tune before Oakenfold came on .. and then after Oakenfold's set - he spun a good set of prog. house that kept going from deep to trance-like

Avalon was packed and the crowd on the dancefloor was very up for it. If it seemed weak, it was only because the floor was PACKED with very little room to really dance and move around.

However, they did open up the entire club with the exception of the VIP areas at the top to help spread out the crowd. Though the crowd did get rowdy at times - two fights on the main floor - one involving a guy's face getting busted up big time by a beer bottle (unfort. I happened to be right near all this)

Originally posted by djianh

My take on last night:

Oakenfold was very good, not excellent but very good nonetheless. Was it worth $40?? - those who were there can judge for themselves. He did play about 2 1/2 hours from approx. 1 - 3:30 AM

Some of the tunes included:

Benny Bennasi - Satisfaction and the new Who will save Us

Motorcycle - As the Rush Comes (got the biggest crowd reaction of the night)

Underworld - Dark and Long (Dark Train)! Glad to see that a classic from 1994 can sound just as fresh in 2003 along with.....

Li Kwan - Point Zero (remix)! - can anyone provide info about this (for anyone who doesn't know what this tune is, the original is the 3rd tune on the Goa Mix)

Underworld - Born Slippy (Oakenfold Remix)

Ameoba Assassin - Piledriver (Grayed Out Remix)

G Club - Guitarra G remix? (it used that same guitar sample)

No Annie Lenox, Justin Timberlake or Madonna remixes...

No Bunkka material... (although I listened to the CD both on the way there and on the way back)

Paul had a set of recurring visuals going on during his set that included shots of NYC with some crawling text at the bottom about conversing the planet along with the person on the cover of the Southern Sun and Starry Eyed Surprise singles (UK)

Yes Oakie did the Jesus Christ pose more times than I could count....

Regarding the other DJs - John Debo was good although the tribal/progressive house really isn't my cup of tea

Eddie Bang was also pretty good as well - he got a good crowd reaction with his next to last tune before Oakenfold came on .. and then after Oakenfold's set - he spun a good set of prog. house that kept going from deep to trance-like

Avalon was packed and the crowd on the dancefloor was very up for it. If it seemed weak, it was only because the floor was PACKED with very little room to really dance and move around.

However, they did open up the entire club with the exception of the VIP areas at the top to help spread out the crowd. Though the crowd did get rowdy at times - two fights on the main floor - one involving a guy's face getting busted up big time by a beer bottle (unfort. I happened to be right near all this)

Damnit!

I wish I could provide more info on it..

Do u know where you can listen or get the Oakie Goa mix..??

Man..that shit is incredible!

They used to stream it from his website...but,not anymore..

Any ideas would be appreciated...!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by *********

i said 1-4...3 hour set...

right from the other thread:

Old Skool

yea lol...he will def have a 3-4 hour set..maybe more.

And then you went on saying that you know for sure cause you work for Avalon.

Everybody says he played for only 2.5 hrs

All I am trying to point out is that you should be careful making promises and statments - people will hold you to them, you know..

actually he did a 2-hour set, from 1 am to 3 am

Too bad there wasn't a proper ending - no encore or acknowledgement from the crowd (except for people clearing out after Oakie finished). The next DJ just mixed into his set. (the last track Oakie played was POS - remember (summer sun) , which is also on Tiesto's Nyana CD set )

People who were right in front of the booth, so unable to see the DJ, probably didn't know that a different DJ went on. I guess Eddie Bang was that good. :)

Eddie started off with Running Up that Hill , and played many tunes that I think (but I could be wrong) I've heard Markus Schulz play on the Global DJ Broadcast... speaking of which, check out PVD and Ronski Speed on this Sunday's show!

I heard Oakie once did a 4-hour set at Centro-Fly 1-2 years ago, but too bad I missed it.

Originally posted by PCR

right from the other thread:

Old Skool

yea lol...he will def have a 3-4 hour set..maybe more.

And then you went on saying that you know for sure cause you work for Avalon.

Everybody says he played for only 2.5 hrs

All I am trying to point out is that you should be careful making promises and statments - people will hold you to them, you know..

I second that...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by oldtimer

werd up!!

yeah last night oakenfold definitely went off.. he took to the decks at about 1:09 and i left around 4:10 and he was still going (i think) could be wrong but he was going in to breakbeats, my legs couldn't take it anymore.. he started playing some harder stuff, definitely not on the cheesy side for all the oakenfold haters out there.. The crowd was a little on the weak side but it's oakenfold so i guess that is expected.. I like what they did with limelight it looked great!! Aside from the lack of ass it was a great night.. cant wait to see bad boy bill tear that place up dec 6th

Oakenfold set was from 1:08 to 3:09

Man I've been waiting to see Oakenfold forever and that night, I was so gone I didn't look up at the booth once, I don't remember any of the songs he played.. But all I do remember is I ended up in the DJ booth dancing when Eddie took over.. I was the only none asian in the booth.. Sick nite the crowd made it even better mad love in there so different then Factory.. New Years I'm at avalon again..