Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Remember when people actually went to the GROVE????

tnargs

what happenned, when i was 15-16 you couldn't even walk on the streets now 7years later there is nothing going on besides OXYGEN, and that's marginal at best

I think it's time for a new club in the grove, resident d.j.'s grooveeric and edgar V :D , Bling in charge of spirit committee and counting how many people die every night with a clicker, pod taking pictures, Chaflas making jokes, and me just going bananas every time Eric plays I'm on a high, clocks, let's get and let's get ill or anything from the Barbara Golema c/o "99" / power 96 George Acosta, full moon trance classics

:woah::beer::party::clap2:

DAMN I HOPE SOMEBODY ACTUALLY READS THIS THREAD IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO WRITE IT :nopity::laugh:

Bobby Brant, the old owner of Shadow Lounge owns a chill lounge in the grove called "Flavour". Very cool pre-drinking place and I must say the upstairs which has not been opened yet has great potential. The sounds need some help but Bobby is soooooo down that I can actually put up with them.

I myself will be there tomorrow for my bro's birthday.

You guys should check it out.

OBBY

Originally posted by obby

Bobby Brant, the old owner of Shadow Lounge owns a chill lounge in the grove called "Flavour". Very cool pre-drinking place and I must say the upstairs which has not been opened yet has great potential. The sounds need some help but but is soooooo down that I can actually put up with them.

I myself will be there tomorrow for my bro's birthday.

You guys should check it out.

OBBY

***WARNING***

GUYS MUST BE 23 TO GET IN......

Well.....back in the day...you have to remember that I'm an old guy and have lived in the Grove for most of my life......The Grove was the epicenter of nightlife in Miami. We're talking 1980's now folks. There was no South Beach as we now know it. The club scene was in the Grove or Lauderdale, and Lauderdale was considered the "college Scene." Then came South beach and eventually Downtown and the rest was history.

There is still a nightlife scene in the Grove but it's changed. I live in the South grove and many times walk in to have a drink at Mr. Moes or a meal at Le Buchon du Grove. Flavour does really well. The Grove's not the place to go if you're looking for a night of club hopping but it's still a very cool place to hang. There are lots of bars and local joints and I'm into that.

If you want to avoid the college madness, stay away on Thursday nights. It does get a little ugly out there after all those kegs get consumed.

Originally posted by ogmiami

Well.....back in the day...you have to remember that I'm an old guy and have lived in the Grove for most of my life......The Grove was the epicenter of nightlife in Miami. We're talking 1980's now folks. There was no South Beach as we now know it. The club scene was in the Grove or Lauderdale, and Lauderdale was considered the "college Scene." Then came South beach and eventually Downtown and the rest was history.

There is still a nightlife scene in the Grove but it's changed. I live in the South grove and many times walk in to have a drink at Mr. Moes or a meal at Le Buchon du Grove. Flavour does really well. The Grove's not the place to go if you're looking for a night of club hopping but it's still a very cool place to hang. There are lots of bars and local joints and I'm into that.

If you want to avoid the college madness, stay away on Thursday nights. It does get a little ugly out there after all those kegs get consumed.

:werd:

and for most of the weekend the grove is full of kiddies so therefore....we have just outgrown it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tnargs

what happenned, when i was 15-16 you couldn't even walk on the streets now 7years later there is nothing going on besides OXYGEN, and that's marginal at best

I think it's time for a new club in the grove, resident d.j.'s grooveeric and edgar V :D , Bling in charge of spirit committee and counting how many people die every night with a clicker, pod taking pictures, Chaflas making jokes, and me just going bananas every time Eric plays I'm on a high, clocks, let's get and let's get ill or anything from the Barbara Golema c/o "99" / power 96 George Acosta, full moon trance classics

:woah::beer::party::clap2:

DAMN I HOPE SOMEBODY ACTUALLY READS THIS THREAD IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO WRITE IT :nopity::laugh:

click........ arturo just died..........click happyface died........... click koky died

oh by the way edgar v is spinning LOL

Originally posted by lilliz77

I must say, when I worked at Green Street Cafe, we were always busy. It's nice over there. Thinking about hanging there this Friday, anyone want to join?

:)

i always stop by there for breakfast when im in that area!!!

the omlettes are D-LICIOUS!!!:D

Flavour is reallly cool too! ive been there the past couple thursdays, and its a nice crowd, and they play all kinds of tunes!!!

I'll avoid the Grove like the plague on thursday nights. I put up with a college crowd for four years during daylight hours, I had no desire to hang with them then, and I sure as hell don't now.

Outside of a few events here and there, I can't see the Grove doing anything in the way of "serious" nightlife...

Guest brwneydtrouble

I went to flavour several times on a thursday night and then to Life when it first opened and always had a great time. I was usually out with a friend on a bike after going to Fuddruckers, so it wasn't a drinking/partying night.

Eric, I remember hearing about your Flavour Fiasco. *LOL*