Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who the Best DJ in the world

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how would this be measure..its impossible to do so.

In the reality of it all its just based on opinion. What makes the best DJ? Skill? Track selection? Energy? The DJ does what he does...if the crowd isnt feeling it, it doesnt matter if hes spinning the best set of his life.

I personally cant choose...

Tek

Originally posted by Teknojunkee

And how would this be measure..its impossible to do so.

In the reality of it all its just based on opinion. What makes the best DJ? Skill? Track selection? Energy? The DJ does what he does...if the crowd isnt feeling it, it doesnt matter if hes spinning the best set of his life.

I personally cant choose...

Tek

Agreed....

Who the hell is the judge anyways...

All a matter of personal opinion...

and if that's an opinion, well, it'd have to be none other than Paul Oakenfold...

Here's to a true innovator....

:pint: :pint:

i can only say for sure who the best breakbeat/hip hop turntablist is...... mixmaster mike... hands down...... 7 time DMC world champion ... they had to ask him to retire his crown cuz there was never anyone who could even come close.... Thats raw ... turntables a mixer and his hands.......

You wouldn't be able to dance to any of it tho....

I'm not really into the whole trance wannabe house thing ..... I havent heard many of these guys do live sets.... of the ones I have seen.... Ferry Corsten and Eric Morillo were really good... and I dont know if they're around anymore but I saw Masters at Work in Italy about 4 years ago and they ripped the crown apart.... Havent seen PVD or any of the others mentioned

Well, To my opinion, THere are many "DJS", But the fact of the matter is that a "DJ" plays other peoples tracks.. People that producer tracks should maybe receive some credibility for the things they do.. I feel as if the producers are the ones that should get some credibility, weather its the Electronic Scene,Rock,rap or fucking country.. People like to idolize DJS which i dont see anything wrong with. I would say that people should focus more on who is a greater ARTIST, meaning producing tracks,spinning the tracks, track selection, vibe brought, and just the way someone can work the crowd. Music is an ART and a business. This is just my 2 cents on this thread.. My vote right now would go for Armin van Buuren, He is Young talented and an upcoming star... He will def be getting the #1 spot for 2004. He has accomplished a lot just as much as many others have.. I am actually happy to see that many of the Djs that are on top are trance DJs , meaning the trance scene has moved up a lot on the ladder. It doesnt mean its the best music ( well to me it is), But it means that it is going and came far..

THanks peoples

Joe D

Entrapment'

Bate & Switch

Originally posted by *********

i say carl cox b/c i only seen him once live...but it was amazing...he really has so much energy and works the crowd great!!

I agree but everyone has a favorite. There are way too many factors and too many opinions to just choose one...

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but James Zabiela is no fucking joke. Any dj can play track after track and just mix, it's all about putting on a show and working the fuck out of tracks. A dj has to loop shit, drop accaps, and make the crowd want more.

Here's a link to Zabiela in action, this guy is really no joke.

Zabiela ripping it

Others that really know how to work the shit out of tracks...

DT

Diggers

Deep Dish

Howells - his track selection blows now, he plays too many crappy tech jams, but he's still one of the best mixers in the game

Originally posted by sexyblue

I think is paul van dyke

u can't really determine that. its more like who is the most popular dj in the world. Every dj has different stlyes and tastes. and u c na't say one dj is better than the other becasue of their taste in music. u can't relaly technically say who is better either. cause lets just say dj bum bum is better at bpm matching than dj i got no alcohol, but mr alcohole mite get that crowd goin nutz better than mr bum bum.