We Got Saddam. Big Deal.

djxeno

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by xpyrate

who said anything about loving saddam?

now that he is out of power, we have our security level raised to orange. if he was that much of threat, how come it wasn't lowered? hmmm .... seems to me he wasn't much of a threat after all. the threat level was lower when sadam was in power, now that we caught him it's up to orange for the first time i can recollect. this is the exact reason i was against this war in the first place. the plain and simple reality that this war has only increased the risk of terrorism.

I concur.

Originally posted by jamiroguy1

I concur.

Dude...don't do that to yourself.....unless you want to elevate your threat level on the imbecile gauge...

Seriously, what the fuck are you concurring???

That statement by xpyrate is so ridiculously lacking in intelligence and understanding of the situation that you should be completely embarassed to agree...

Then again, you yourself have demonstrated similar qualities, so I take back what I say...

Concur with him...I concur you both are absolute morons

Ok, these past few posts are really scary.

For the pirate dude and Jami man...

You both speak as if the whole "threat level" system was created soley for Saddam.

^NEwsflash. ^

There are more bad people then just Saddam. Also, as far as the alert rising. Its common sense. If you knew anything you'd realize that hey... maybe Saddam was important to a few (sickminded) followers. ANd ya, maybe those guys may retaliate..

COMpletely seperate of a fact.

Terrorists in general like to seize opportunities. Having America painted as a global cowboy (by people like you few it seems) gives the bad guys of the world the opportunity unite in a sense. Indirectly waging simutaneously a war against the USA.

Two facts Im curious about. And a simple few worded statement would surfice. Im not starting a whole tangeant to do with nationalities and origins.

And Im not setting up for any bashing, Im just curious.

1- What is the citizenship of the few that are sooo passionately against the views and/or actions (selected ones the least) of the USA?

2- What are any (or all) of you doing about such negative points you oh so passionately speak against? ONLINE impeachment petitions do not count either. Meaning are any of you active in a role of political nature? Militaristic? Have any of you done anything aside from talking about it? Im talking physical and substantial (even miniscule) actions?

Also to note pirate. The orange alert level(or equivalent means of security) has been like such since 9-11-2001 in NYC and DC.

As far as the national level I believe (give or take) it has been near 6 months since the level has been at orange.

well yea, it wasn't created because of saddam ... i know that ... if this war on iraq is truly about terrorism why hasnt the threat level gone down? ... i mean we did catch the big bad saddam didn't we? so why the raised threat of terror then? i dont see what you don't get about that statement ... or could it be because this war isn't about terrorism? :idea:

ok maybe it was orange in nyc and dc but on all the news channels all ive ever seen it as is yellow ... ive never heard anything about it going higher than that ... maybe i missed a day when it was that high ... but then why are they making a big deal about it this time then? and why didn't it make the nytimes cover story? i at least read the headlines everyday. i would have noticed.

and also what good does this system do for the average american? it only antagonizes us, and makes us fearful. i mean im not scared because i know that this system was just created to keep us in a state of paranoia to keep the war fever going.

and to answer your nosy lil questions 1/ i was born and raised in ny 2/ ive been to a few protests

well yea, it wasn't created because of saddam ... i know that ... if this war on iraq is truly about terrorism why hasnt the threat level gone down? ... i mean we did catch the big bad saddam didn't we? so why the raised threat of terror then? i dont see what you don't get about that statement ... or could it be because this war isn't about terrorism? :idea:

ok maybe it was orange in nyc and dc but on all the news channels all ive ever seen it as is yellow ... ive never heard anything about it going higher than that ... maybe i missed a day when it was that high ... but then why are they making a big deal about it this time then? and why didn't it make the nytimes cover story? i at least read the headlines everyday. i would have noticed.

and also what good does this system do for the average american? it only antagonizes us, and makes us fearful. i mean im not scared because i know that this system was just created to keep us in a state of paranoia to keep the war fever going.

and to answer your nosy lil questions 1/ i was born and raised in ny 2/ ive been to a few protests

wow

Mind boggling....

so ... you're saying our security comes at the price of losing our security ... nice point :aright:

wtf are you talking about???....Losing security??...I have no idea what point you're trying to make but I dont recall any major terrorist acts on US soil since 9-11....