Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundfactory Review

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mattm2o

Thats funny about the highs being out of whack on the system at Factory. Their highs are alwasy so crisp sounding. The Bullet Tweeters always sound clean.

Maybe Junior was fuckin with the 3 band crossover too much?

def, that place IMO had the best system in NYC, if it sounds like shit then Junior or one of his people fucked it up trying to give it the "Junior Vasquez Sound" ...just look what a great job they did to the system @ exit :rolleyes:

Originally posted by djgrod

True- But who wants to hear Darkbeat anymore? Millshake is gettin tired and it's about a month old. This whole thing is gettin tired and I know that I'm one of the biggest yellers in the whole arguement, but the reality is this. JR is going to fail @ SF. And it's going to be a sweeeeet day when it happens. And JR has no "home" and Richard is left with a empty club.....:laugh:

:laugh: You know you really crack me up I see you on every message board bitching about Junior playing "sugar pie honey bunch" yet you DONT go to Juniors parties! Who cares what the second to last song that he plays is, there aren't many people there and a lot of junior's crowd is older and it's a fun way to end a night. It wasn't like Jonathan wasn't pulling people in weekly either so please just go mindlessly follow your god and stop with the JR is going to fail blah blah RIP SF, ugh such stupid garbage. Oh BTW enjoy Exit :blown:

Let's just see what New years looks like, then I might listen to this crap

Don't worry pal, you'll be listening after NYE..... Cause all of JR's fans are gonna be goin to Crobar. And the rest of the people will be @ Exit for JP. So when JR does another 600-1000 strong do me a favor and come here and ADMIT it. Ok? JP did over 4k for last NYE so you tell me if JR did more.

Don't worry pal, you'll be listening after NYE..... Cause all of JR's fans are gonna be goin to Crobar. And the rest of the people will be @ Exit for JP. So when JR does another 600-1000 strong do me a favor and come here and ADMIT it. Ok? JP did over 4k for last NYE so you tell me if JR did more.

Have to admit I'm a big fan of Junior and JP.frankly I don't care how people shows up at Juniors party.I prefer him at a smaller vernue,membership only club.Hes legendary.

It seems peeps are going to Junior's after Victor.Most of the straights will be at Exit I gather.

Originally posted by berniec

def, that place IMO had the best system in NYC, if it sounds like shit then Junior or one of his people fucked it up trying to give it the "Junior Vasquez Sound" ...just look what a great job they did to the system @ exit :rolleyes:

last i was there, albeit it 7 or 8 months ago, that system did not sound great at all... it was fairly loud in some spots but just that, loud, not good, loud.. the two are not synonymous by any means... that system, as w/ the place in general, is completely overrated by all the SF regs of the past few years... fact is it has never had that great a system... good, yes... but plenty of places have "good" systems...

Originally posted by sfqueen

Have to admit I'm a big fan of Junior and JP.frankly I don't care how people shows up at Juniors party.I prefer him at a smaller vernue,membership only club.Hes legendary.

Exactly, thats why I'm glad to see all these idiots on here post such stupid comments like JR only does 600. Thats the point if he sees the crowd turning into 1200 JP brain washed gay bashing idiots then he will purposely play shitty music until you leave and even take the pitch shift and push it up and down till the crowd is right. I'm glad that these "Oh my god Luz Divinia for 45 minutes was siiiiiick" morons will never set foot in SF again because they won't have the chance to ruin a great party like they did to JP's party. Face it, JR is @ SF, SF isn't dead, and RIchard isn't gonna get rid of him.......... and JP will definitley never be playing @ SF again even though it is his wet dream.

Originally posted by sexxyh

THE PLAYLIST IS OLD!!!:blown:

thats not a playlist just songs from the nite. nothing wrong with playing old tracks. i love it when i just dig in the crate and playing something i have not played in a long time, it can really hype u up.

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

Originally posted by sfqueen

Exactly, thats why I'm glad to see all these idiots on here post such stupid comments like JR only does 600. Thats the point if he sees the crowd turning into 1200 JP brain washed gay bashing idiots then he will purposely play shitty music until you leave and even take the pitch shift and push it up and down till the crowd is right. I'm glad that these "Oh my god Luz Divinia for 45 minutes was siiiiiick" morons will never set foot in SF again because they won't have the chance to ruin a great party like they did to JP's party. Face it, JR is @ SF, SF isn't dead, and RIchard isn't gonna get rid of him.......... and JP will definitley never be playing @ SF again even though it is his wet dream.

i'm sure those brain kids whos were on drugs were not goin for jp's music and i'm sure those kidswill go back to sf even now

I got an idea.... Anyone ever read "All Quiet on The Westen Front" in school. Where the Germans and Americans celebrate Christmas together and have a truce for the night. Lets do that here. :D Merry Christmas to all. (or Chanauka, kwanza, whatever you celebrate. Have a Happy!!!!:D )

Originally posted by someclown

Just curious--What type of system do they have there?:confused:

The Name of the company is called Auquetec (Sp) something like that. It's the same company that has been there. Junior kept the same sound techs that Jonathan had.

They actually re did the system for us at Nation. I was actually at factory looking @ some stuff for our party while they were working on Junior's new booth...

I got an idea.... Anyone ever read "All Quiet on The Westen Front" in school. Where the Germans and Americans celebrate Christmas together and have a truce for the night. Lets do that here. :D Merry Christmas to all. (or Chanauka, kwanza, whatever you celebrate. Have a Happy!!!!:D )

Merry Christmas!

:)

Originally posted by mattm2o

The Name of the company is called Auquetec (Sp) something like that. It's the same company that has been there. Junior kept the same sound techs that Jonathan had.

They actually re did the system for us at Nation. I was actually at factory looking @ some stuff for our party while they were working on Junior's new booth...

Did they change names?

the original install was done by Gary Stuert Audio- see this page: http://www.gsany.com/sound_factory.html

:D I totally agree, have a happy holiday everyone! And a safe and even more fun new years, wherever we all end up I'm sure we will all have a blast

Originally posted by djstevemelnick

Exactly, thats why I'm glad to see all these idiots on here post such stupid comments like JR only does 600. Thats the point if he sees the crowd turning into 1200 JP brain washed gay bashing idiots then he will purposely play shitty music until you leave

if that means that he's gonna be left with <1000 people a night then he's gonna fail. JR isn't an idiot - for a club that size to succeed they need to pull numbers. I don't think the problem is that he's trying to get gay bashers out...those folks aren't really going there anyway.

It may well be that JP wasn't pulling HUGE #'s near the end, but this is at the beginning for JR - should be all kinds of excitement and packed houses and its not.

I also agree that SF has never had a GREAT sound system. Its just decent. If you ever walk out of there and right into ARC you can hear the difference quite clearly.

Guest amd

SF system was installed by GSANY, engineered by AuraTec. Consists of Pulsar drive 6 space amps, and Crown Macro Techs. The speakers are all B&C speakers. 120,000 + watts. It has been rated as one of the best systems in the world in several magazines.

Not to mention that a phazon system is nothing more than JBL speakers in custom cabinet, QSC amps, and they switch some of the internal components on the mixers and EQ....it is a much over rated system.

Originally posted by amd

SF system was installed by GSANY, engineered by AuraTec. Consists of Pulsar drive 6 space amps, and Crown Macro Techs. The speakers are all B&C speakers. 120,000 + watts. It has been rated as one of the best systems in the world in several magazines.

Perhaps when they have it all tweaked nicely and stuff (which is very infrequently). Typically my friends and my ears hurt during some tracks while there and we leave with the "bad" buzz in your ears.

Never happens at Arc...my point is that its consistently very good and full / used well by the dj's there.