Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Going out alone..

xlr8ted

Anyone ever done it, just gone to a bar or club b/c your friends are lame? Or b/c you wanted to check out a DJ that nobody was interested in?

The reason I ask, is a friend met this girl out a few weeks back and she was at the club all alone, I thought it was strange, but cool in a wierd way that she'd go out alone...

Originally posted by xlr8ted

Anyone ever done it, just gone to a bar or club b/c your friends are lame? Or b/c you wanted to check out a DJ that nobody was interested in?

The reason I ask, is a friend met this girl out a few weeks back and she was at the club all alone, I thought it was strange, but cool in a wierd way that she'd go out alone...

I've done it.....My friends hate clubs & share no interest in the music I like....I've done it like 2-3 times...It was no big deal & I actually met some pretty chill people who I still see from time to time

I wouldn't make a habit of it....But it's ok once in a blue

I've done it quite a few times - I even go to the movies alone - I dont really give a shit - I much rather company, but if the mood strikes to do something, or go somewhere, I just do it - alone or not. Then again, I also dont have a lot of friends....lol...

I've done it quite a few times, sometimes I hate conforming to the schedules of a group of people, and alot of the time I knew that people I knew would eventually show up, but I usually make a few new friends when I go out no matter what, even if it's just for the time that I'm out.

It makes for a much different experience when you go out alone, makes you notice your surroundings and the crowd alot more.

Movies I do alone from time to time too, going out to eat alone I've only done when I've woken up still drunk and stahhving though, when the confidence level was still riding a little higher than normal.

i started hittin up parties alone, my close friends aren't into my shit and it's hard to find ppl who live around my way who like my kind of music n such.

It's cool though cuz I've met really great ppl sometimes just going out like that and I usually meet up with friends who are into the same shit there.

So it's not a bad thing going alone out to places, gives me time to myself and just chills without having to work around other ppls schedules n shit.

I actually enjoy it.

Someone else hit it right on the head when they said it makes it a different experience. I've met many interesting people while doing such and its more fun becuase you have a million more options of how the night ends up.

Dont get me wrong, its fun as well to go with a crew, but then every decision made has to be done democratically and there is ALWAYS going to be that one person who wants to go home early but of course didnt drive that day. lol.

Anyways its also difficult when your range of friends is all over the place. I mean there are so many different types of people I hang with that to get them all at the same function would be impossible.

I say we have a going out alone.. meetup....

:blank: hmm never mind.. It wouldnt be solo if we met up..

carry on...:hat:

I used to go to clubs alone, but only because I knew I'd run into someone I know. I can't even count how many times I've gone out to eat alone. The first time I did, I remember thinking, "well, this is different." I don't mind it at all now. I've never been to the movies alone, but I'm sure I'll do it one day.

Originally posted by bullseye

i've done some movies alone, usually the matinee while everyone else is at work. havent tried goin clubbin alone yet, i probably should, plenty of times i wanted to go out, but everyone else didnt wanna go, so i just blew it off.

Hey bulls eye,

I hear you about the movie thing. At times there are just some movies i cant convince my girl to see no matter how much i sweet talk her.

Thanks

Tommy Armani

Originally posted by tommyarmani

Hey bulls eye,

I hear you about the movie thing. At times there are just some movies i cant convince my girl to see no matter how much i sweet talk her.

Thanks

Tommy Armani

exactly, my gf doesnt have the patience for LOTR, so im goin to see it again at a lunchtime showing tomorrow while she is working, she slept through the last hour of the movie last week.

Thanks for the cookie donations everyone!

Bullseye

I have been to the movies alone, my ex and I got into a fight right before we were supposed to see Super Troopers, so I said fuck it and smoked up something fierce and went to the movies. I was so high I fell asleep 1/2 way through.. woke up at the end when people were leaving, I know I was snoring too..

Went to eat once by myself to a friendlys.. I really wanted a grilled cheese and bacon, so I decided to go. Bought the newspaper so I could read, everything was going good, till, they put me in a booth that had only one side and it was facing the wall.. it was like the retard seat in the back of a station wagon, but i'm in public w/ a newspaper, a grilled cheese.. :laugh:

Needless to say, I'd be scred for myself if I went out alone for drinks..

:laugh: the eating alone thing, i'm not to sure about, if it was at a diner, i'd rather eat at the counter. i've gone to plenty of bars to have a drink alone, but usually to watch football. my gf has this thing, where if she knows im goin to the mall, she doesnt want me goin alone, but i think she wants a reason to go.

Originally posted by tommyarmani

Hey bulls eye,

Thanks

Tommy Armani

:laugh: :laugh:

Hey bullseye...do me a favor when you have a chance; look up the word SARCASM for me and let me know what it means.

thanks,

NMN

Originally posted by nomembername

:laugh: :laugh:

Hey bullseye...do me a favor when you have a chance; look up the word SARCASM for me and let me know what it means.

thanks,

NMN

Hey nomembername...do me a favor when you have a chance; stop being so fascinated with me, and let it go my friend, let it gooooooooooooooo.... that is all. :hat: