Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL Official INFO

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

I have been told the camera decision is being made now. Obviously we can not prevent Phone/Cameras in the park. Due to a few carefree photographers in the past not respecting the artists rights we have kept it down to just still photography being allowed with disposables. I will have a more sold answer for you shortly.

Any good word on this? I would really like to be able to take pictures and not have to worry about someone making me pay $20 for some stand to hold my camera again!

yeah, that blows...

the only reason I'm bringing my camera is to get shots of my friends having a blast... what does ultra care?

what's the big fear? taking pictures for profit? sheesh...

worried that one of us will try to "copy" ultra's set up?

man... that blows... this is gonna be the only time I visit WMC and I'd like to have something to remember it by since i'll be piss drunk for most of the time...

but space & ultra say no cameras... as if i wasn't there...

oh well.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

sorry guys no cameras. they were not specific at the meeting.

So are they going to let in people with cameras in their cell phones? It just seems so dumb to say "you can't bring in a camera...unless it's in a certain plastic shape".

So you get to Ultra and they hand you a flyer with a list of each tent and who is performing when. So many Djs so little time. Frustrating as @#%&! Anyone have any comments on what DJS/Performers are must sees and which ones aren't. Last year i missed up on a few djs to go see Hybrid and they BLEEEEWWW! There CD's are cool but live they just wasted my time.

Way out West? Richie Hawtin? Bad Boy Bill? The Rapture? LCD Soundsystem? Deepsky? Cirrus? ............How are they LIVE? Worth my Tme and $$ ????

Originally posted by fernbizz

So you get to Ultra and they hand you a flyer with a list of each tent and who is performing when. So many Djs so little time. Frustrating as @#%&! Anyone have any comments on what DJS/Performers are must sees and which ones aren't. Last year i missed up on a few djs to go see Hybrid and they BLEEEEWWW! There CD's are cool but live they just wasted my time.

Way out West? Richie Hawtin? Bad Boy Bill? The Rapture? LCD Soundsystem? Deepsky? Cirrus? ............How are they LIVE? Worth my Tme and $$ ????

way out west (nick warren & jody) should be a very interesting show... their music is tops, but its rarely performed live... Usually, live performances consist of break beats, electro and trance... Richie hawtin is also an ultra exclusive... should be headbangin all the way... It just depends on you style... whether you like house, progressive, trance, breaks, DNB... there somthing for everyone!!!!:D

my 2 cents

Thanx Much Anyone else got 2 cents?

I wish there was a way of voting on who would play on what stage and when.

This would be my vote

Baby Anne 5-6

Donald Glaude 6-7

Johan Gielen 7-8

Richie Hawtin 8-9

Rabbit 8:30-10

Tiesto 10-11

PVD 11-12

Corsten 12-1

My 2 Cents

CottonCandyDream...

1) I know the flyer says no backpacks...what about small fashionable ones that only have our sunglasses and blankets? If not, will large carryall bags be allowed?

2) Could you please clarify the cellphones w/cameras? Are those ok?

Thanks for your help and patience with everyones questions.

CrzyC

CottonCandyDream,

This is my first WMC and first Ultra, so forgive me if I ask a silly question here, but I don't quite understand why some things are noted as 'live' and others are not. When it is next to a dj name, does that mean that they will actually be spinning in the flesh ~ or will it be a pre-produced set of theirs that will be played in their absence? My friend is convinced that ALL the names on the flyer won't be there. Please tell me I'm not dreaming and that ALL the folks on the flyer will be there, doing their magic, live and in the flesh right there before us.

Thank you kindly!

Originally posted by beachbreeze

CottonCandyDream,

This is my first WMC and first Ultra, so forgive me if I ask a silly question here, but I don't quite understand why some things are noted as 'live' and others are not.

Thank you kindly!

a "Live" act is one where they will be playing the instruments (Keyboards, drum machines, etc) on stage.. where a "dj set" is where they will be spinning records.. I personally think all the "live" acts should be on one stage.. and the dj's on the other, because it takes so long to set up and tear down the equipment that it takes time away from the dj's.

Hope this helps...

Ross

Originally posted by beachbreeze

CottonCandyDream,

This is my first WMC and first Ultra, so forgive me if I ask a silly question here, but I don't quite understand why some things are noted as 'live' and others are not. When it is next to a dj name, does that mean that they will actually be spinning in the flesh ~ or will it be a pre-produced set of theirs that will be played in their absence? My friend is convinced that ALL the names on the flyer won't be there. Please tell me I'm not dreaming and that ALL the folks on the flyer will be there, doing their magic, live and in the flesh right there before us.

Thank you kindly!

ALL the acts will be there in person. DJ sets are just that, playing records. LIVE means that they are actually playing instruments, working sequencers, synths, singing, etc. So yes, I know it is hard to believe that ALL those people will be at Ultra, but BELIEVE IT. Last year was just insane so this year is going to be...I dunno, "insane + 1".

Originally posted by generek

Can anyone tell me where I go to get my tickets? It says I am supposed to pick them up when I get there, so I just pick them up somewhere at Ultra?

Sorry, my first year going

thanks

Joel

This will be my first time at ultra as well, but from what I understand, GrooveTickets will have a booth set up at the entrance where you can pick up your tickets. Don't forget your ID, receipt, and purchasing credit card!

Originally posted by rossvegas

I personally think all the "live" acts should be on one stage.. and the dj's on the other, because it takes so long to set up and tear down the equipment that it takes time away from the dj's.

Ross

I so agree, also so many of the Live acts start doing little "sound Checks" over the Dj's spinning before them last songs, It is rude and irritating but then I also am a strong believer in DJ CULTURE, that our scene is here and is what it is because of DJs!!

I know there are some that think Live Electronic Music will be the only Savior of Dance Music, Fuck that. DJ CULTURE 4Ever:) :):laugh::)

Satellite NY has tickets for sale.

I've wrote some e'mails to UltraFest re: bags and cameras and this is their replies:

----- Original Message -----

To: "Info Ultra Music Festival 2"

Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 5:12 PM

Subject: Bags and cameras

I've read in various places that bags aren't allowed. Could you please confirm this.

Also, do you allow still cameras?

And lastly, will tickets be available at the door and if so, for how much?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!

Lynda

Date: Monday, March 1, 2004 7:36 pm

Subject: Re: Bags and cameras

Correct,

Bags and backpacks will not be allowed---woman's standard purses will be!

Non-professional cameras will be permitted and tickets will be available at the door at the increased rate of $75.00

(Disposable cameras will also be sold at the Festival)

Ultra 6 is going to be BIGGER AND BETTER than ever before--see you there!

Best Wishes,

UMF

To: "Info Ultra Music Festival 2"

Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 9:55 PM

Thank you so much._ I just wanted to clarify that a digital still camera was allowed because I've been hearing all different answers from different people and figured it was best to go straight to the source.

Two more questions, has Ultra Fest sold out in the past?_ And finally, would it be OK if I posted your reply re: cameras and bags on some message boards that people are asking the same questions?

Thanks again,

Lynda

Date: Tuesday, March 2, 2004 11:36 am

Lynda,

That would be great and we appreciate your support. Digital cameras are not acceptable, but a still, non-professional, photo camera is.

Also, there will be tickets for sale the day of the event at the increased rate of $75.00.

No backpacks or bags of any kind please except for a standard woman's purse.

Hope this helps!

Ultar 6 is going to be BIGGER AND BETTER than ever before--see you there!

Best Wishes,

UMF