Clubplanet Nightlife Community

northface jackets

alexx

Everybody and thier mother has a Northface jacket,but as of late it has been fucking cold outside. Even the worst fashion snob is putting away thier Cavalli coat and "Don'ing" the face jacket. I'll take warmth over freezing my ass off....

Originally posted by alexx

is it me or are these really played out...ive had mine for awhile, but this year everyone seems to have it

for some time now... these things are out with the mullet... imo... same with those hats that are five sizes too big and ppl tuck their ears into... and whats the deal with long ass t-shirts that go down to your knees???

i actually have a theory about the 5'10'' 145 pound kid who wears the 4XL T shirt. i think the "trend" might have actually started out of necessity. if you have ever been to a discount clothing store (i.e. el mundo on grand concourse, etc), you should have noticed that a lot of the clothes are "irregular". if they don't meet the makers specifiactions, the company then sells them in bulk and at a huge discount to stores like this.

so here is the theory:

step 1) - a few parents who shop for her sons at these types of store buy some of these irregular white T shirts

step 2) - enough kids from the same neighborhood start wearing these shirts that it becomes cool

OR

step 2a) - one particularly creative kid on the block whose parent bought these irregular shirt discovers an inventive way to rock this otherwise horrible shirt and other kids follow his lead

step 3) kids start going into stores looking for huge shirts because enough people are wearing them for it to be a new style

i personally hate this...it's almost as bad a kids who buy their fitted hats 1 1/2 sizes too big so that they can fit the hat on over their du-rag. you can always tell the cats who do this because when they try to wear just the hat alone, it covers their forehead and eyes.

:laugh:

Originally posted by zeeker

North Face makes performance jackets. They don't get played out just because all the homeys rock black bubble jackets.

yes i am aware of that, but when was the last time any of you or the ppl wearing them climbed any of the K's??? Eastern was selling these long before it was a Fad... and will continue to do so long after... just saying the recent bubble ones that look like george castanzas gortex jacket is corny as hell...

Originally posted by dgmodel

yes i am aware of that, but when was the last time any of you or the ppl wearing them climbed any of the K's??? ...

see my post above :cool:

North Face actually lost some of its qualities - at least as far as tech-wear is considered.