Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mauro Picotto To Play Avalon...

Originally posted by jasonmarc

GREATTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Classic Weekend! Great job Avalon!:eek: :eek:

FANTASTIC! I couldn't agree more. Jules on Friday for trance, Mauro on Saturday for techno. What a huge weekend!

Now, why is it that they can't arrange a night with both djs??? How incredible would that be?!? I suppose they make enough just having one dj at a time.

Ever seen the line-ups at the Gallery in London? They'll have the likes of Jules, Tiesto, and Armin all in one night, plus a host of up-and-comers ripping it up. This is by no means a large venue either.

This weekend for them is Dave Seaman and Anthony Pappa, plus Lange and Alex Anderson to finish things off. Every Friday they host a line-up that would take several NYC clubs to pull off, but they do it under one roof.

I'm just happy Avalon has been consistantly bringing in solid trance with a good mix of techno. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Originally posted by scoob-e

chris liebing embarrassed him and they told him to take a hike.

hahahahahahah thats fuckin hilarious.....its funny how all these kids think jules is the shit that guy gets no respect in the UK....heard him at arc once and he fucking trainwrecked like 10 times....the only reason i whent that night was Billy Patrick was spining......Jules 's music wont even sound good on a couple of sunshines/sunflowers......when are these shcmucks gonna realize that trance is the same shit over and over

Originally posted by rollindeep11

hahahahahahah thats fuckin hilarious.....its funny how all these kids think jules is the shit that guy gets no respect in the UK....heard him at arc once and he fucking trainwrecked like 10 times....the only reason i whent that night was Billy Patrick was spining......Jules 's music wont even sound good on a couple of sunshines/sunflowers......when are these shcmucks gonna realize that trance is the same shit over and over

you're saying trance is the same shit over and over but you're into techno??? c'mon buddy...

Originally posted by rollindeep11

I've heard that Judge Jules sucks and my friends from the UK tell me me that he is bullshit there, but there are many forms of trance and it has evolved from the sound that Judge Jules and George Acosta still play with the hard beat intro, the "strings" pause, the huge buildup and breakdown, the whole thing one more time, and then the outro...

A lot of people feel the same way about the redundance of techno and progressive and you do about trance, and the lines are just so blurred these days it's tough to isolate and attack one particular genre.

Just my .02

Peace ;)

Originally posted by bassboy

I've heard that Judge Jules sucks and my friends from the UK tell me me that he is bullshit there, but there are many forms of trance and it has evolved from the sound that Judge Jules and George Acosta still play with the hard beat intro, the "strings" pause, the huge buildup and breakdown, the whole thing one more time, and then the outro...

A lot of people feel the same way about the redundance of techno and progressive and you do about trance, and the lines are just so blurred these days it's tough to isolate and attack one particular genre.

Just my .02

Peace ;)

Agreed. I bet there's computer software out there that can create trance/progressive/techno on the fly using the "popular" formula.

Originally posted by bassboy

Just my .02

Peace ;)

i was talking to someone just yesterday from the UK about judge jules, and they also said they were kinda bored with him. but she also said he does have a residency there, so they see him all the time. u get bored of seein anyone week after week. plus for special events he's gonna pull only the good shit out of his crates for nyc

Originally posted by fluidnyc

Mauro bitchslaps Liebing.

Arc sux and so does Avalon (limelight wanna-bees).

NYC needs some real DJ's like Dana/Erick E/Johan Gielen.

nuff said... off to NL i go.

Ez.

No WAY! I like Liebing soooo much better....But its just a matter of opinion...

Lady Dana is excellent! Seen her live a few times in Rotterdam & Zaandam... :D ....she rules!

I'd CREAM myself if Lady Dana spun out here, i'd be first in line, i've only heard sets, never live.

Hey Glow we gonna do Judge Jules on Fri? thats the week squiddy comes back.

I heard Judge Jules once back in the summer o 2002 and I thought he was really good.

Def wanna see Picotto, never seen him live and I hear good things.

I will be here that weekend so I will def wanna try n make those nights.

Originally posted by iamsamurai

I'd CREAM myself if Lady Dana spun out here, i'd be first in line, i've only heard sets, never live.

Hey Glow we gonna do Judge Jules on Fri? thats the week squiddy comes back.

I heard Judge Jules once back in the summer o 2002 and I thought he was really good.

Def wanna see Picotto, never seen him live and I hear good things.

I will be here that weekend so I will def wanna try n make those nights.

yup....We're goin to both nights - Picotto & jules....gotta celebrate Miss Squid's RETURN!!!! uh oh....Im having this feelin that weekend we're ALL gonna be like this: party_3.gif

....are you going away somewhere? :confused:

Originally posted by glowgrlnyc

yup....We're goin to both nights - Picotto & jules....gotta celebrate Miss Squid's RETURN!!!! uh oh....Im having this feelin that weekend we're ALL gonna be like this: party_3.gif

....are you going away somewhere? :confused:

ya i'm going snowboardin the 23rd, i'll be away for some time I think but i'll most likely be back before squid comes on the 27th.

Wurd, that'll be crazy if we get fucked up that whole weekend but most importantly I wanna dance my ass off to some hot sets. Celebrate indeed we will, i miss the squid i miss her good.

Yo *********, bring over some more foreign turntablist then.

Originally posted by *********

We @ AVALON are bringing you the names you want to heAR!!!!!!!!!1

Gotta give it to ya.....you guys are getting the best music out there and thats why this club will succeed there just bringing in all the talent and top guys