Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I love Tobacco Road...

macboy

If you ever want to take the night off from clubs and lounges, this is a great venue. I was told this is the oldest bar in Miami and owns the first liquor license ever handed out.

Anyway, I'm sure the longtime locals on the board already know this, but it's live bands and original music. Awesome stuff, especially tonight. :D

It's very eclectic. Definitely different than what I'm used to. You get some of the downtown business crowd mixed in with the bohemian artist crowd. Most don't get all made up, so you get to see their natural beauty, which is refreshing. :D

reminds me of my days of playing at those joints in the early nineties

Tobacco Road is as old school as they come. It's got a beatnik vibe. I used to go there every now and then to either play or check out bands but I haven't been there in over a year....

Originally posted by Bling

lots of hot chicas?

No chicas thank god. I get enough of that bullshit on the beach. The "chica" attitude pisses me off, anyway. I wish they could all be California girls.

A girl at Tobacco Road will kick your ass and then some if you get outta line. All the 5' 2" roid-monkeys on the beach would be face down in the Miami River if they pulled any shit on a Tobacco Road girl. Biker sluts and such. They'll make short work of ya Bling.

Originally posted by pod

No chicas thank god. I get enough of that bullshit on the beach. The "chica" attitude pisses me off, anyway. I wish they could all be California girls.

A girl at Tobacco Road will kick your ass and then some if you get outta line. All the 5' 2" roid-monkeys on the beach would be face down in the Miami River if they pulled any shit on a Tobacco Road girl. Biker sluts and such. They'll make short work of ya Bling.

ok, now that was fuckin' funny!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:D:hat:

Originally posted by pod

:laugh: Tell it like is POD :D

By The Way the Food is not that bad at all either.....

Tobacco Road is the longest running club in the history of Miami...check its history if you get a chance...everyone from the blues and jazz golden eras has played there at some point in time. I saw the Allman Brothers there (with Greg Allman) on the room upstairs.

If you ever go there, check the walls for pics of the cats that have jammed there...you will amaze yourself :eek:

Originally posted by pod

OMG ... Bling is soo there!

Originally posted by pod

:laugh: :laugh:

very true! :D

i used to swing by for dinner sometimes when i used to live in that area...

they got a delicious tbone steak speacial on monday w/ mashed tatters and cheap beer!!!Hits the spot and beats trying to cook.

Actually, the last time i was there, i met a group of hotties that were from UM:eek: maybe i was lucky, maybe not, but there is alot of wierd peeps in there....

The thing is,i was probably as wierd to them and they to me!!!:laugh:

Originally posted by digital7

thanks for the suggestion Macboy. I havent been to Tobacco Road in a couple of years. I think I'll swing by one of these weekends.. if your planning on going.. hit me up

:cool:

Let's do a CP night at the Road. Bling, leave the OMFG t-shirt at home! :laugh:

I did an internship in college where I roadie-ed for a blues band called Texas West...every other week, they would play at the TR...I got see incredible performaces by really obscure acts...blues musicians, jazz players...I have awesome memories from that time...and several neurons burnt, probably :D

Originally posted by funketeer

I did an internship in college where I roadie-ed for a blues band called Texas West...every other week, they would play at the TR...I got see incredible performaces by really obscure acts...blues musicians, jazz players...I have awesome memories from that time...and several neurons burnt, probably :D

That's great and all Funk, but the name of this thread is I love Tobacco Road, not I love Memory Lane. :tongue:;)

Originally posted by chaflas

That's great and all Funk, but the name of this thread is I love Tobacco Road, not I love Memory Lane. :tongue:;)

I remember when I was 10 years old, my grandfather bought me a kite...we took it to the park and I flew the kite with him..that was nice...

;)