Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Soundfactory Saturdays - A New Era Begins Feb. 7th

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by djmikeloikith

no one will rock sf like jp did. enough said.

marco v isn't going to rock factory like jp id??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if i were the owner of factory there is no way i would throw marathon parties.. with marathon parties come the crystalheads.. with people sniffing obscene amounts of crystal in your nightclub comes trouble..

the past few times you been there had no promotion behind it at all .. exept for some wanna be's postin sticky's on message boards.. thats about how far they went..

new saturday party will be tottaly different..there's big teams involved in this one..european djs every week.. new talent for afterhours..

Never say never. But SF is on the ropes. I bet that the ownership is wishing they did not roll the dice and get rid of Jonathan Peters.

I know all of the SF promoters will put on a brave face regarding this failure and say that it is the start of a "new era." But that is what they said when JR went to SF -- who I think is a great DJ with amazing staying power.

The three ages of the new SF:

1. JP

2. JR

3. Various DJs (some good and some not so good).

So far, most would agree that the JP age has been SF's best. When Twilo closed and shut JR out of his residency, at least the owners could blame the police and city. SF can blame itself for the debacle it is in now.

Originally posted by modouglas

I think SF will be fine.. Its one of the hottest venues in nyc. Things change. and you know what NYC was due for a change. Im interested to see how robbie will do in that venue. It should def be hot.

Due for a change? Maybe, but for the better or worse....

I do not believe that SF will "def be hot." It has the possibility of being hot, but with JR not being able to turn in good numbers, I do not if a piecemeal assortment of DJs will do the trick. I think the ownership merely underestimated the loyality that JP's fans had for him. Still, having the club fight for its life can only be a good thing for clubbers relating to price and suh. We shall see what time reveals....