Clubplanet Nightlife Community

About CP

Guest saleen351

Originally posted by sobeton

break the habit.:laugh: peeps come and go tis life Dan!;) the current CP folks, are closer as group. then has ever been the case on CP miami. this in itself speaks volumes.;)

Eh? You don't remember Breakfast with Burridge Vol. 1? The innumerable parties at Mimi's, Barbie and Chris' and so on and so forth? If that's not a close group, I don't know what is. Not to mention the fact that even after they departed here, there's still events and so forth that are just organized below the radar.

Think of it as the seniors trashing on the freshman. Once these newbies get some time under their belt, I'll shut up and pick on the next batch.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never made the other thread to start bullshit like this !!! i like co*****kie and i do go on there alot ... i like cp cause it is more fun .. thats it ... but now i see that i cant say shit without people putting words in my mouth:rolleyes: shit like that is what starts trouble..

i for one never said cp was better than co*****kie or anything like that ... i like em both ... i was just stating my opinion on the bullshit someone " FROM ANOTHER BOARD" said about clubplanet & why i disagreed with them ... so saleen ... there ya go again makin up shit ... like most of your secret insights in the clubworld and all your reviews ... "MOST OF EM ARE JUST BULLSHIT " and half of em are made up or are things you just jump to conclusions about .. which i really give 3 shits about what you say or do .... but by making this thread you have just told everyone that thats the way i feel about co*****kie :rolleyes:

oh wait a minute !! you know what ? the 3 people that i talked to about that werent even from co*****kie :idea: :idea:

Originally posted by obby

I myself try to add info to this board but I guess you over look those threads.

alot of us contribute in one way or another obby ... i mean everyone on here has different likes and dislikes ... people who like edgar for instance even if we aint promoters come here and do it ... oscar g fans do it too ... roland fans do it etc etc ... or whatever party comes to town someone from here who likes that certain dj ... promotes in one way or another... the roll calls etc are one kind of promotion if u ask me ..

we just do it ina different way cause imo the people on here are closre than in any other board ive seen ...

Originally posted by pod

Eh? You don't remember Breakfast with Burridge Vol. 1? The innumerable parties at Mimi's, Barbie and Chris' and so on and so forth? If that's not a close group, I don't know what is. Not to mention the fact that even after they departed here, there's still events and so forth that are just organized below the radar.

Think of it as the seniors trashing on the freshman. Once these newbies get some time under their belt, I'll shut up and pick on the next batch.

I never went to any of the aforementioned meet ups. as I previously stated this group of CP peeps are a closer group. Fliptonia, what about 4 BBQ's in the last year, countless meet ups at clubs, Dinners, etc. you can't get closer then that. each meetup seems to get larger, and the last few have even included some CJ folks. it's unfortunate others have chosen not to be a part of CP, or have distance themselves... personally I feel that is their lost, because we have some of the coolest peeps around on this board. the new crop of CP peeps .is not interested for the most part, in doing things below the radar. it's about getting together as a big group, enjoying each others company, music, and just getting fucking crazy. ;) some peeps like to limit their contribution to the board .in terms of music and information. personally I enjoy a mixture of everything ( music, sex, drugs, drama, etc.. ).as long as it doesn't get out of hand. all people are unique, and thus a portal about night life should represent that uniqueness. :cool:

that is why CP has been around so long..

p.s. if you survive the first week on CP. you are no longer a newbie.

:laugh:

I never went to any of the aforementioned meet ups. as I previously stated this group of CP peeps are a closer group. Fliptonia, what about 4 BBQ's in the last year, countless meet ups at clubs, Dinners, etc. you can't get closer then that. each meetup seems to get larger, and the last few have even included some CJ folks. it's unfortunate others have chosen not to be a part of CP, or have distance themselves... personally I feel that is their lost, because we have some of the coolest peeps around on this board. the new crop of CP peeps .is not interested for the most part, in doing things below the radar. it's about getting together as a big group, enjoying each others company, music, and just getting fucking crazy. ;) some peeps like to limit their contribution to the board .in terms of music and information. personally I enjoy a mixture of everything ( music, sex, drugs, drama, etc.. ).as long as it doesn't get out of hand. all people are unique, and thus a portal about night life should represent that uniqueness. :cool:

that is why CP has been around so long..

p.s. if you survive the first week on CP. you are no longer a newbie.

:clap2: :clap2: tony if i knew how to type as nerdy and as intelectual as you id post a hell of alot more :D :D :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by funketeer

Don't worry I'll be there sharp, Quincy was not available but his assistant says even though he doesn't take rainchecks, he'll do an exception for Sobeton. Lunch has been rescheduled for a light snack at 11:45am

let me know if you have any suggestion or comments, I'll be available all day on my Blueberry.

Funketeer

Club Planet Moderator's Executive Coordinator

Damn I don't know how I could maintain my CP moderator duties and social calendar, without your assistance. I'll hit you up on the Blueberry with any changes.

Oh don't forget your CP Blazer. You know image is everything in the nightclub biz..

Sobeton

Club Planet Miami Moderator

I never went to any of the aforementioned meet ups. as I previously stated this group of CP peeps are a closer group. Fliptonia, what about 4 BBQ's in the last year, countless meet ups at clubs, Dinners, etc. you can't get closer then that. p.s. if you survive the first week on CP. you are no longer a newbie.

Those happened with the old school folk too. Countless dinners, meetups at clubs, etc...some announced, some not. And yes, BBQs at various homes as well. I'm just saying that the new batch of kids shouldn't consider their invention a new thing, it's been done for years now...Hell, you were at a few of the old ones as well! You missed out on some though.

I'm not disputing the rockin' nature of the current crop of parties, I'm really not. The three BBQs I've bothered to attend were worth getting off my lazy ass on a Saturday afternoon for. I'm just saying that the old-school folk had their fun too, and in my mind those parties were as fun as the new ones...don't discount what the elders of this board did, they laid a foundation.

They need six months under their belt before I'll think of being nice :laugh:

Originally posted by pod

Those happened with the old school folk too. Countless dinners, meetups at clubs, etc...some announced, some not. And yes, BBQs at various homes as well. I'm just saying that the new batch of kids shouldn't consider their invention a new thing, it's been done for years now...Hell, you were at a few of the old ones as well! You missed out on some though.

I'm not disputing the rockin' nature of the current crop of parties, I'm really not. The three BBQs I've bothered to attend were worth getting off my lazy ass on a Saturday afternoon for. I'm just saying that the old-school folk had their fun too, and in my mind those parties were as fun as the new ones...don't discount what the elders of this board did, they laid a foundation.

They need six months under their belt before I'll think of being nice :laugh:

the foundation has been laid. now progression will take place. like the sands through the hourglass. so are the days of our CP lives. :D

Originally posted by koky

i never made the other thread to start bullshit like this !!! i like co*****kie and i do go on there alot ... i like cp cause it is more fun .. thats it ... but now i see that i cant say shit without people putting words in my mouth:rolleyes: shit like that is what starts trouble..

i for one never said cp was better than co*****kie or anything like that ... i like em both ... i was just stating my opinion on the bullshit someone " FROM ANOTHER BOARD" said about clubplanet & why i disagreed with them ... so saleen ... there ya go again makin up shit ... like most of your secret insights in the clubworld and all your reviews ... "MOST OF EM ARE JUST BULLSHIT " and half of em are made up or are things you just jump to conclusions about .. which i really give 3 shits about what you say or do .... but by making this thread you have just told everyone that thats the way i feel about co*****kie :rolleyes:

oh wait a minute !! you know what ? the 3 people that i talked to about that werent even from co*****kie :idea: :idea:

Koky Just put the Gloves on and go get em boy :punch::spank::deadfish:

Originally posted by pod

Give me a break on that already. Last year's competition had a trance DJ, (DJ Hydra) as a finalist. The judging panel is composed of music industry folk, trance DJs, house DJs, and so forth, so there's no major musical bias...

If you entered and did not make the finals, all that I can say is I'm sorry, and I hope that you enter this coming year. Every entry we got was fantastic, but a few did that extra 1 percent to get picked.

You gota be fucking kidding me Hydra trance:confused: i don't even thing he spins anything even resembling trance POD. Since you know so dam much why don't you check and see how many dj entered that contests with trance demos and how many with house demos. You will see just how biased it was.

BTW wasen't just a wee bit coinsidental that the three finalist all post on cool junkie and are all friends. No biased yeah right.

:rolleyes:

Those be fightin' words, ese. :laugh:

Hydra isn't 100% trance like say Tiësto or PvD. But I have a DAT (shut up Hydra, I know i forgot to convert it!) tape with Hydra's set on it, that definitely has some trance tracks in it, as well as some progressive house tracks. Nevermind the fact that Hydra opens for Edgar up in Gainesville nowadays.

By the sounds of it, you probably entered, and did not make the finals. Not to sound like a yes-person, but all of the entries were well-thought out and put together...the ones that made the cut had that extra 1 percent, if you know what I mean...personally, I'd rather have a more versatile DJ anyway, just being trance or house is boring. Even though Hydra didn't win, I thought he did an excellent job of combining trance, house, and progressive in his set.

Get over it already. If I were you, I'd already be thinking about entering the 2004 competition rather than crying over not winning last year.

Three finalists all friends? Yeah, they probably are, but not buddy-buddy so to speak. Friends in the sense if they see each other, they're cordial. And they all post on CJ? Yep, no denying that. So do you, if I recall. And plenty of people who did not make the cut as well.

Oh, and since I do know so damn much, it's "coincidental", and "damn".

And just so you know, so there was no bias, the judging panel consisted of reps from CJ, Space, 93.1, the Street, and independent sources...all of which had different musical tastes.

Originally posted by pod

Those be fightin' words, ese. :laugh:

Hydra isn't 100% trance like say Tiësto or PvD. But I have a DAT (shut up Hydra, I know i forgot to convert it!) tape with Hydra's set on it, that definitely has some trance tracks in it, as well as some progressive house tracks. Nevermind the fact that Hydra opens for Edgar up in Gainesville nowadays.

By the sounds of it, you probably entered, and did not make the finals. Not to sound like a yes-person, but all of the entries were well-thought out and put together...the ones that made the cut had that extra 1 percent, if you know what I mean...personally, I'd rather have a more versatile DJ anyway, just being trance or house is boring. Even though Hydra didn't win, I thought he did an excellent job of combining trance, house, and progressive in his set.

Get over it already. If I were you, I'd already be thinking about entering the 2004 competition rather than crying over not winning last year.

Three finalists all friends? Yeah, they probably are, but not buddy-buddy so to speak. Friends in the sense if they see each other, they're cordial. And they all post on CJ? Yep, no denying that. So do you, if I recall. And plenty of people who did not make the cut as well.

Oh, and since I do know so damn much, it's "coincidental", and "damn".

And just so you know, so there was no bias, the judging panel consisted of reps from CJ, Space, 93.1, the Street, and independent sources...all of which had different musical tastes.

:blah:

Yeah whatever! :rolleyes::tongue:

;) j/k

So when is the 2004 contest gonna get under way?