Clubplanet Nightlife Community

pathetic

ivehadit

do you think it's pathetic when someone needs to validate themselves by having a girlfreind or boyfreind?

for example:

those assholes - i mean 'people' that preface everything with 'my bf/gf this and my bf/gf that.

and work it into EVERY conversation?

just asking.

Excellent comment!

Agreed. Sometimes, not always, people say it in a way to impress you, or even moreso to impress themselves, by saying it in a way to make themselves sound cool, that they, yes they, have a gf or bf and they say it a way that you wanta to respond by saying (in a sarcastic voice) "you have a bf/gf? well, congratulations." ...

and they talk about it a way that doesn't sound sexy, or hot, or luving, or adorable or cute or affectionist, or nice and raunchy and mmmm, but almost like (using pretentious voice) "i'm so cool because I have ... a bf/gf" ... and you sort of sense the next word of their mouth is not about how drop dead sexy or really nice the person is but something totally shallow like --- (in more pretentious voice) "and she's a Harvard MBA that works on Park Avenue".

Originally posted by ivehadit

do you think it's pathetic when someone needs to validate themselves by having a girlfreind or boyfreind?

for example:

those assholes - i mean 'people' that preface everything with 'my bf/gf this and my bf/gf that.

just asking.

people who have to validate themselves with anything are pathetic

Originally posted by lovelate

... and you sort of sense the next word of their mouth is not about how drop dead sexy or really nice the person is but something totally shallow like --- (in more pretentious voice) "and she's a Harvard MBA that works on Park Avenue".

having an mba from harvard is less substantive than being sexy, to you?

Originally posted by weyes

having an mba from harvard is less substantive than being sexy, to you?

When someone says (for no other reason in the discussion but to impress you) that their significant other has a harvard mba, yes, that's pathetic.

Plus everyone knows (at the Financial Times 2004 rankings), Harvard isnt the best mba program anyway. :D

Being pathetic is something that just shows all around - it doesn't matter how you present yourself.

Bragging about a SO is just one of the ways they do it.

Rather than being annoyed by such people I just ignore them as I have no respect for them

for example:

just asking.

yea ... like i showed this to my g/f and she like soo agrees with you

Originally posted by lovelate

When someone says (for no other reason in the discussion but to impress you) that their significant other has a harvard mba, yes, that's pathetic.

Plus everyone knows (at the Financial Times 2004 rankings), Harvard isnt the best mba program anyway. :D

but damn close. i believe only wharten and carnegie-melon are ahead of harvard as far as business schools.

for example:

just asking.

well, my fiance says that..........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by bbbooom

people who have to validate themselves with anything are pathetic

agreed - if someone is showing off then its very annoying. i don't give a rats ass about any of that shit...gotta judge people on how they treat others, their desires, their actions...not their pedigree

if they've actually really become a unit in how they think though and its just like "we do this" "we do that" and its for real then its cool. Then they're really talking about who they are not who the gf/bf is