Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Vegas Memorial Day Weekend?!?!

mercedes825

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mercedes825

I know its a little early - but can't help but be excited after booking the trip. Anyone know the line up for Memorial Day weekend? Will there be another famous Pimp n Ho party?

Probably not an actual Pimp n Ho party but they always throw something...last year they had Rubber @ Rain.

Where you stayin? How long you gonna be down there for?

I went down sometime in June and stayed at the Palms, and then again for Labor Day weekend and stayed at Hard Rock. Guess I enjoy it there, huh.

this is weird but the reason I asked is because I could sware that I PM'd you before last memorial day weekend and you gave me some info or some shit. I think that was pretty much the reason why I started posting on here...might be wrong though.

Is that your first time at the Hard Rock?

I've been to Vegas the past two Memorial Day weekends...I fucking love it there. I've gambled at the Hard Rock before but never actually stayed over night there. I hear it's pretty sick though.

Now the worst part is just actually waiting for these next three months to pass by.

I totally agree. These next months are going to drag. The Hard Rock is cool, the staff can be a little pompus sometimes, reminded me of bouncers in NYC. Make sure they don't see you bringing alcohol up to the room. The don't allow it. They have a bouncer by the elevators. I was so used to buying shit at a liquor store and bringing it up to the room for some pre-party, and they stopped me dead in my tracks. Made sure to hid it in my bag.

I totally agree. These next months are going to drag. The Hard Rock is cool, the staff can be a little pompus sometimes, reminded me of bouncers in NYC. Make sure they don't see you bringing alcohol up to the room. The don't allow it. They have a bouncer by the elevators. I was so used to buying shit at a liquor store and bringing it up to the room for some pre-party, and they stopped me dead in my tracks. Made sure to hid it in my bag.

Yeah, someone else just told me this today...that's fucked up but it's good to know.

Who you going there with?

why did they do this........?

They probably do this so you have to spend your money at their bars and not go out to the liquor stores to buy stuff at half the price they are selling it for. That's the only reason I can think of, especially that you can order room service and get a bottle of wine that way.

Mercedes - yes, there will be a Pimp N Ho party this Memorial Day weekend...sort of. The party that weekend is called Summer of Love...i went last year and it was on that sunday nite at Rain. They have already announced another party that weekend though no details yet.

also of note: Prince is playing that weekend (2 shows) at the Mandalay Bay...

Originally posted by cool1g

Mercedes - yes, there will be a Pimp N Ho party this Memorial Day weekend...sort of. The party that weekend is called Summer of Love...i went last year and it was on that sunday nite at Rain. They have already announced another party that weekend though no details yet.

I heard that they might be trying to get Paul Van Dyke and Jaime Presley to host it. I didn't get a chance to hit it up last year though...are these parties as good as they are hyped up to be?

I heard that they might be trying to get Paul Van Dyke and Jaime Presley to host it. I didn't get a chance to hit it up last year though...are these parties as good as they are hyped up to be?

Jaime did host a couple of years back...though really the hosts usually just run out on stage for 5 minues and yell and leave so no biggie there...

in the past, Rubber has usually shied away from getting the A list talent as they still get 6,000+ people regardless of who spins...though they did get Tiesto last Halloween...

in terms of are they as good as the reputation? well the Pimp N Ho party on Labor Day weekend is better IMO than Summer of Love as everyone dresses up for Pimp N Ho...not so for Summer of Love...but there are tons of hotties everywhere and its lots of fun so i'd say go!