Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami Scene Dead?

klubchick

Here's the deal..

I just got back from living in LA for over 4 years.....

By the way I am originally from Miami... and I love it!

(that is why I came back!)

I used to party here a lot and loved it...

We were known for our party scene... that's why people are attracted to Miami Beach.

So I was wondering if anyone knew what happened or at least what they think happened...

that's all...

Originally posted by klubchick

Here's the deal..

I just got back from living in LA for over 4 years.....

By the way I am originally from Miami... and I love it!

(that is why I came back!)

I used to party here a lot and loved it...

We were known for our party scene... that's why people are attracted to Miami Beach.

So I was wondering if anyone knew what happened or at least what they think happened...

that's all...

Where have you been that you've come up with that conclusion? :aaah:

so ur talking pre space.....liquid days.....weellllll..yeah liquid, shadow...space yr 1 was the golden age of clubbing hre in miami/sobe.......granted its not like that anymore.....but the scene here is still solid....its not all the beautiful people partying like it was in those days but its still tops in this country.........and remember theres alot of pretty people in l.a. so they still get that feel.....but when it comes to straight partying ......its still right here in miami /sobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I didn’t mean to offend anyone by my comments. I just want to find out why the change in scenes here… I left Miami booming and came back to a club-saturated city with no real substance…..

Correct me if I’m wrong and tell me where to go

I want to be proved wrong, but have not so far.

:confused:

I admit that LA is different; they do close everything at 2 am. Of course after – parties exist but on the down low (completely). I came back to Miami because I love it as I said; I just miss the good old days…. Yes I mean liquid, shadow, space yr 1; we can even go back to chaos, bar room, living room...

Originally posted by klubchick

I just miss the good old days…. Yes I mean liquid, shadow, space yr 1; we can even go back to chaos, bar room, living room...

So other than Space and Shadow Lounge, you long for the days when the Beach was a bourgeios paradise, where doormen excercised Machiavellian control over their stretch of sidewalks, and treated anyone like shit off the bat unless they only had a first name or were from France/Italy? Not to point fingers, but that seems to be what you are lusting for. I know plenty of people from that era, and yeah they miss the good old days, but they do agree that they are glad certain conventions are a relic of the past. Asshole doormen are fired or are reassigned to other posts where less public interaction is demanded. Your average clubgoer has a voice, be it on this board, over on c001junkie, and shit happens when they speak up.

Sure the $$$ flowed then, but in my mind, that is the only aspect of yesteryear I miss, other than a few parties here and there like at Shadow, Space, and other serious clubs.

But now, we have more world-class talent flying in on a regular basis outside of WMC, the clubs have gotten more sophisticated and advanced, overall, the experience of going out has gotten a lot better for your average clubgoer, and even for the VIP-seeking customer.

Things change, get over it. Even what I consider the good old days is long gone.

You should be glad you are back in Miami. 24 hour liquor licenses, the ascendancy of Downtown as a nightlife destination superior to South Beach, it will be an interesting couple of years ahead.

Originally posted by pod

So other than Space and Shadow Lounge, you long for the days when the Beach was a bourgeios paradise, where doormen excercised Machiavellian control over their stretch of sidewalks, and treated anyone like shit off the bat unless they only had a first name or were from France/Italy? Not to point fingers, but that seems to be what you are lusting for. I know plenty of people from that era, and yeah they miss the good old days, but they do agree that they are glad certain conventions are a relic of the past. Asshole doormen are fired or are reassigned to other posts where less public interaction is demanded. Your average clubgoer has a voice, be it on this board, over on c001junkie, and shit happens when they speak up.

Sure the $$$ flowed then, but in my mind, that is the only aspect of yesteryear I miss, other than a few parties here and there like at Shadow, Space, and other serious clubs.

But now, we have more world-class talent flying in on a regular basis outside of WMC, the clubs have gotten more sophisticated and advanced, overall, the experience of going out has gotten a lot better for your average clubgoer, and even for the VIP-seeking customer.

Things change, get over it. Even what I consider the good old days is long gone.

You should be glad you are back in Miami. 24 hour liquor licenses, the ascendancy of Downtown as a nightlife destination superior to South Beach, it will be an interesting couple of years ahead.

Nicely said. :D

• 2 years later...
so ur talking pre space.....liquid days.....weellllll..yeah liquid, shadow...space yr 1 was the golden age of clubbing hre in miami/sobe.......granted its not like that anymore.....but the scene here is still solid....its not all the beautiful people partying like it was in those days but its still tops in this country.........and remember theres alot of pretty people in l.a. so they still get that feel.....but when it comes to straight partying ......its still right here in miami /sobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Guys.

Miami is all right, but you can't really say it tops this country...all you have to do is look at some other city message boards, and see how many gig go on in some other big cities. For example, check out the NY thread:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/

Compare that with the Miami thread, and the Miami thread starts to look kind of lame...

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to put down the scene here, but I've lived in other cities, and the Miami scene is...well....lame?

Guys.

Miami is all right, but you can't really say it tops this country...all you have to do is look at some other city message boards, and see how many gig go on in some other big cities. For example, check out the NY thread:

http://bbs.clubplanet.com/new-york/

Compare that with the Miami thread, and the Miami thread starts to look kind of lame...

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to put down the scene here, but I've lived in other cities, and the Miami scene is...well....lame?

If I were you, I wouldn't judge a city's nightlife by its messageboards. Instead, go out and see how many snooty French doormen slap you in the face with so many insults that it will make the mutants at the end of the line look promising.

Miami is not about a scene. It's about how you look and how much money you have and how good you are at showing it off. It's about how much cocaine you can snort before one of your "high as a kite" friends tries to remember the phone number that will get an ambulance over pronto. That is all this city will ever be. :D

If I were you, I wouldn't judge a city's nightlife by its messageboards. Instead, go out and see how many snooty French doormen slap you in the face with so many insults that it will make the mutants at the end of the line look promising.

Miami is not about a scene. It's about how you look and how much money you have and how good you are at showing it off. It's about how much cocaine you can snort before one of your "high as a kite" friends tries to remember the phone number that will get an ambulance over pronto. That is all this city will ever be. :D

That's exactly my point...there is no scene. It's all superficial.

The scene should be fun and simple. Go out, and have fun.

I feel like I am too old for the big nighclubs, but it seems like in Miami, those are the only places that don't give you attitude, and nobody judges you....you go in, pay at the door, and have a blast...If only we would get some good talented DJ down here more often, life would be perfect.