Clubplanet Nightlife Community

call me crazy, Morillo = new JP???

now i know alotta people r gonna jump down my throat and say some nonsense...i basically dont care but i wanted to ask this of other people on this board...doesnt it seem like all factory heads r into erick morillo lately...i cant stand jonathan "lets make a remix of luz divina" peters and while i used to like erick i think hes way overrated these days...ive noticed lately though that alotta SF people have been into his whole deal lately, why i dont know...the only correlations i can see is that morillo has been doing afterhours a couple of times that that hes even spun in jersey (ugh..id rather spin in afghanistan) and subliminal is now doing more gigs at deko lounge...other than that i see no correlation...their music is totally opposite and their crowds r as well (well maybe not anymore)....anyone wanna comment go ahead

The Sunday afterhours at Disco run fairly late, so maybe that has something to do with it. Disco's one of the few places in NY right now that's doing a purely house music afterhours party.

As far as the music that's spun, I see no correlation between Disco afterhours and the old SF afterhours. Personally, I've always preferred Eric's track selection and mixing over JP's.

I hope Disco has Razor spin for afterhours again in the near future. Whenever he's there, he kills it all morning.

Originally posted by joecrack13

now i know alotta people r gonna jump down my throat and say some nonsense...i basically dont care but i wanted to ask this of other people on this board...doesnt it seem like all factory heads r into erick morillo lately...i cant stand jonathan "lets make a remix of luz divina" peters and while i used to like erick i think hes way overrated these days...ive noticed lately though that alotta SF people have been into his whole deal lately, why i dont know...the only correlations i can see is that morillo has been doing afterhours a couple of times that that hes even spun in jersey (ugh..id rather spin in afghanistan) and subliminal is now doing more gigs at deko lounge...other than that i see no correlation...their music is totally opposite and their crowds r as well (well maybe not anymore)....anyone wanna comment go ahead

Why do you think that people's music taste should be limited to only one DJ? Personally I equally like Morillo and JP. It doesn't metter that their music is totally different. What metters is that both of them are good

It's so funny that you say that. When I saw him at Crobar, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. All SF heads and a lot of the same tracks. Good call.

Did you know that Eric is from Jersey? Why wouldnt he play where he is from. Plus Deko is a very well know lounge in Jersey. Gotta give a lot of credit to that. On the 18th we are gonna have Harry Choo Choo Romero. One more things Eric loves to play at Deko. That is his second time there and im sure there will many more to come. Deko has built a great reputation in having a great looking crowd with a chill atmosphere. There are also other lounges in jersey that up to par CIRCA is one of them with out a dougt and XL. People are sleeping on Jersey, but dont anyone remember we are right over the waters from you guys. Not 10 states away.

Victor Soto

the reason the factory crowd and the disco after hours crowds is the same is because crackheads need a place to continue doing their drugs into the wee hours of the early morning after everythin else closes...they sure as hell aint there for the music

Originally posted by vsoto212

Did you know that Eric is from Jersey? Why wouldnt he play where he is from. Plus Deko is a very well know lounge in Jersey. Gotta give a lot of credit to that. On the 18th we are gonna have Harry Choo Choo Romero. One more things Eric loves to play at Deko. That is his second time there and im sure there will many more to come. Deko has built a great reputation in having a great looking crowd with a chill atmosphere. There are also other lounges in jersey that up to par CIRCA is one of them with out a dougt and XL. People are sleeping on Jersey, but dont anyone remember we are right over the waters from you guys. Not 10 states away.

Victor Soto

good point, wish they'd bring talent like this to down neck newark...as multi-cultural as down neck is, im a bit surprised they don't harp on good house music/djs...

Originally posted by ghhhhhost

the reason the factory crowd and the disco after hours crowds is the same is because crackheads need a place to continue doing their drugs into the wee hours of the early morning after everythin else closes...they sure as hell aint there for the music

Exactly!

Have fun on 56th Street Everyone!

he'll be playing with FC Kahuna too!! which is an added bonus. i played with FC Kahuna back in August at Disco and these guys play some very ecletic, differenty, eletro style tech house. definitely worth checking out.

Originally posted by rutribal

I'll be at Discoteq for

Morillo's Birthday

on Mar 27th

......for the music

Just because someone likes JP means they cant like anyone else. Seriously...where does this come from?

JP IS NOT MY FAVORITE DJ. One of mine? YES! You guys always have to categorize.

As far as the drugs...THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. No one club has more than the other. First off how would you know. Most of the people that comment on it werent at SF to witness it.

Morillo is a GREAT DJ. Its hard NOT to like him. Its like saying why do JP fans like JP. THE MUSIC. Thats what this whole scene is about. Of course people use and abuse substances. Whether its illegal drugs, pre-scipts, alcohol...whatever it may be. People like feeling good.

I WILL enjoy 56th street very much. Ill also enjoy SF when another DJ I like goes there. I will enjoy whatever other club when the other DJ's I like go there.

SEE YOU ALL AT BLACK ON THE 13THHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tek

Originally posted by vsoto212

Victor Soto

Yea i did know he was from jersey...ya know hes never represented jersey in the past...hes beginning to show it a bit more now...in Ibiza his party last year was called We Love NY...some balls on him....just like the rest of jersey living off NY...now i dont mean that mailiciously or anything but ya gotta say that its fact

Yea i did know he was from jersey...ya know hes never represented jersey in the past...hes beginning to show it a bit more now...in Ibiza his party last year was called We Love NY...some balls on him....just like the rest of jersey living off NY...now i dont mean that mailiciously or anything but ya gotta say that its fact

you are an idiot.

good point ghhhost.And when someone says morillo you think nyc not nj. Morillo is still a great dj but im sure if he would play at regular hrs the afterhrs crowd wouldnt show up anyway. And im sure if morillo doesnt even spin but joeyballz spins at disco after hrs the crowd wouldnt care much.

Originally posted by silverbull

good point ghhhost.And when someone says morillo you think nyc not nj. Morillo is still a great dj but im sure if he would play at regular hrs the afterhrs crowd wouldnt show up anyway. And im sure if morillo doesnt even spin but joeyballz spins at disco after hrs the crowd wouldnt care much.

You are absolutely wrong about that. When he spun at Crobar (he went on at 1:30 until about 6), the crowd was packed (PACKED) with old SF heads.

Originally posted by someclown

You are absolutely wrong about that. When he spun at Crobar (he went on at 1:30 until about 6), the crowd was packed (PACKED) with old SF heads.

at crobar, erick was on by 12:40.

I didnt notice to many SF types there, and I was there past 5:30

These 2 should not even be mentioned in the same sentence unless your talking about DJs that have spun into the wee hours. thats really the only compairison.

and as far as tracks, dont you realize that any dj can play the same song that any other dj's spun.