Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's PVD & SPace and Ultra Review

Bling

had to get on the board for these two cuz id forget in a few days LOL .. well maybe not ultra after the crazy shit i saw :)

PVD @ Space

Ok wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too packed $#%#$%#$. I knew this would happen but damn it killed the fun. :( Ok i got in and see baby ann and the guy from cirrus throwin some sickkkk breaks. LOVED it. :) then myself and some co*****kies go to dj icey and get like 6 autographs. OMFGGGGGGGGGG

mind u i have never heard any dj icey set but i do know the man is the king of breaks :)

Edgar's set was great. Loved his house set, which chaflas on the board beforehand told us about. Pvd came on around 12:50 and i left at 3:30 cuz of ULtra and stuff....well actually i left when wundebar came on......... i hate that track. LOL

I didnt like Pvd's set much tooooooooo hard for me. I mean why not just keep all ur original tracks in its original form. NOoOOOOOO he had to go and make them all hard and stuff. ugh too hard for me.

I give this nite of WMC

6/10 OMFG's I died

ULTRA

ok u will all be surprised to know I did not see tiesto, oakenfold, chemical brothers (this one hurt ughhhh ) and any other of the main trance djs. since im seeing em all at space i said let me expand my horizonss :) OMG the crazy shit i saw LOL

First off thanks everyone for taking that sick pic with edgar by the stage with my camera i cant wait to see it :) Also big shout outs to maggie, becky, carrisa, shannon, carlos for hanging with me throught the day

we had fun all nite didnt we carrisa and shannon... good times.

ok well here is the lineup of who i saw

1. edgar v - niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee set but why the hell that beatbox guy was up there takin up timei have no clue.

2 matt spector - nice set and thanks for the wmc 04 cd

ok dont be shocked people but this is who i saw along with carrisa another trance head

3 Way out West -fuckinn sick ive seen nick warren before at crobar and i knew this would be good. and that lead singer was awesome

4 Tommy Lee- OMFG we were right in front i got like 10 pics. he gave the drum he was banging to the people next to us and they were banging away sooooo awesome. I enjoyed it a lot

5 Infusion -ok omfg i died. not as good as underworld last year but overall at ultra the best music i heard all nite. just plain sick. i loved it i cant wait to see them at nerve sometime this year

6 James Zabiela and the armani fashion show . another picture taker those women weeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) ok zabiela is the shit what a master at scratchin holy shit. djcarlos was right. i def will want to hear more of him

7 sasha and digweed - never seen em both together. sasha put me to sleep omg way to slow. digweed def picked it up i liked his stuff better. what sucked is sasha was the one up there mostly

8 Ferry Corsten -ok set. what can u expect its ULTRA so it was short, he threw down PUnk and rock ur body rock. loved it

9 RABBIT IN THE MOON -WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

my mouth dropped this had to be the most insane fuckin shit ive ever seen. music wise it was good to okay but that bunny guy is psychotic. LOL what a show though omg. i was right up front and bunny stage dived onto us :) he hit carlosf with his shoe LOL

from straigt jackets, to insane costumes like space suits. and the backupp dancers with fire. omg and that gun he shot. and that eye thingy he was praying to. its something i will never forget and will be in my top 5 of sets ive seen this year by years end. if not the number 1. not really cuz of the music but the overall show aspect of it WOW.

this is why i come to ultra. i can see tiesto at a club but rabbit in the moon nope :) glad i saw em. Wow they are nuts good lord

and their fans are harddddddddddddd coreeeeeeeeee

10 richite hawtin -supposedly the master of techno omg last nite he was off he played minimimalist techno. i guess some of u like it but its not my cup of tea

as i left i could hear pvd's set. once again way too hard. :( still love PVD though

oh got a rabbit in the moon cd as well they were passin it out

SO HAS MY CONVERSION BEGAN PEOPLE LOL

whoever played breaks at space gets 5 big stars from me... dude who played dnb should definitely stay home and work on his mixing skills before playing at a club like space... music was pretty good, but mixing was killing the vibe... as far as pvd at space... this was the last time i bought a ticket to see him spin... dude disappointed me big time... his set had no buildup, most transitions were about 15-20 seconds long, he played nothing but banging technoish beats with ocasional vocals popping out and barely any cheese... for the first time in my life i had a desire to actually hear more cheese... i enjoyed first 30 minutes of his set; music he played in the beginning would have been a good material for 'peak time' in a normal trance set...

p.s. bling, i'm the dude who walked up to you and shook your hand...

Space on Friday was awesome. Omfg, if any1 can get me a set list on Edgar V's set before Pvd!!!!!!!!! Awesome all the way, the night was great, the only bad thing was the overcrowding!! I liked last year's Ultra better but omg the music @ Ultra 6 was insane. As long as Rabbit in the moon comes to Ultra, I'll always go see 'em....fukin sick live act guys. Everyone should go see that

Since when are Paul Van Dyk's sets mainly about vocals? :confused:

I don't get it, he didn't play the usual tunes PVD is known for, whats so bad about that? Lately ppl have been complaining that he always drops the same records, but now you guys are complaining b/c he dared to spin something different.

As for edgar, great DJ, but it's not like I've never heard him trainwreck, or feel like his sets didn't take me on a real journey. All DJs have their moments. It's all about your personal mood, and whether you come with an open mind, or wanting to hear something very particular.

If you just want girly vocals why not just buy a DJ Sammy record?

Originally posted by hyper-ion

Space on Friday was awesome. Omfg, if any1 can get me a set list on Edgar V's set before Pvd!!!!!!!!!

alot of the songs he played were songs he & his partner, charlie, made. big up's to southside! had the crowd jumping at space.

my moment of the night was when the crowd saw PVD come into the booth while edgar was still on the decks and some of them started to yell out " P V D" but the chant was quickly changed over to "ED GAR V" to show love for our hometown boy!

Originally posted by tranzwhore

my moment of the night was when the crowd saw PVD come into the booth while edgar was still on the decks and some of them started to yell out " P V D" but the chant was quickly changed over to "ED GAR V" to show love for our hometown boy!

:aright: :aright: :aright: that was my favorate part of the night :D :D

and yes !!! southside is bad ass !!! these guys need wayyyyyy more credit !!! :cool:

Originally posted by djcarlosf

im glad all of those djs were at the main stage w/ the sound problems. sad sander was also there though :(. the second main stage was where it was at after planet b :aright:

only tiesto's fuck up was really noticable. junkie xl was awesome.

Originally posted by Bling

10 richite hawtin -supposedly the master of techno omg last nite he was off he played minimimalist techno. i guess some of u like it but its not my cup of tea

/B]

best set of the wmc last night @ privilege.

last hour or so was

josh wink - oakish

dk8 - murder was bass

john starlight - blood angels

? - ? (something that was sick as fuck and he had already played it 3 times)

ill post a real review of that and my party in a few ..

Hey Bling ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was awesome seeing you and finally meeting carlos.

sorry i got lost from you guys but i called bling and the punk didnt pick up.....

Well bling sorry you missed tiesto, oakenfold and the chemical brothers , but i did see them all perform lol why i was there i dont know maybe i was too wasted to realize what i was watching. But besides tiesto's one big fuck (which does happen) his set was great and in your words i fuckin died.....but WTF ! was

p diddy doing there that one track they plaied of his is garbage...but whatever.....i had a good time reguardless...but bling next time you tell me to call you PICK UP!!!!!!...sorry we didnt get to chill again....it's all your fault....

Reguardless this ULTRA; music wise was not as great

Butthe people that i got to hang out with durring the day and night.

thanks to bling and carlos for waiting w/ me you guys are cool people....and thanks to denzo who doesnt write on the board but is a member....

i caught pvd's set at Ultra but decided against Space due to the overcrowding.....disagree on the fact that he's too hard these days and not trancey enough, or there are too few vocals, etc.

what makes him the best dj in the world is his versatility - you never quite know what you are in for.

if you are ever lucky enough to catch him in berlin, he comes out to spin first then back out to finish the night after another dj in between.

and he'll pound the shit out of you in the second set!!!

-g.g

there was no way i could even hear the phone mags omg i was dying to rabbit in the moon at the time prolly those guys are nuts. i should have gone to see chemical brothers but my god i was stuck at that house section all nite ... i enjoyed something a bit different......... :) love ya mags