Clubplanet Nightlife Community

To Everyone..... Please Read

The wait will soon be over as we join together to celebrate the beginning of a new journey into the depths of NYC after hours like no one has ever seen.

After years of being loyal fans and appreciating his gifts of music, when others wouldn't even listen, he has shown us that we are indeed his family. He could have broke out and gone global sharing his music with the world, like so many other DJs have done. But to be true to his fans he has gone out on a limb and stuck his neck out to give us one of the biggest clubs in Manhattan, with the most powerful sound system in the country. In short, the greatest after hours club there ever was. Not only is his money, and reputation at stake, but his belief that we are the greatest fans in the world.

So now it's our turn, to show JP and the world, that we are indeed the best family anyone could have. How you might ask. By not being a bunch of losers, that's how. Let's remember that we are in our new home. Don't throw your trash on the ground, use a garbage can, and tell others to do the same. You don't throw empties on the floor of your house, do you? OK, I know some of you probably do, but lets respect this house.

Spread the word, JP is fantastic and we love his MUSIC. Lets make sure everyone else in the world knows that it's not about the drugs, it's about dancing to the music. If I see someone so wrecked that they are passed out in a corner I am going to kick them, or dance on their head, until they get up and get the f*$k out. I hope everyone has learned the lessons of Sound Factory and no one lets any irresponsible behavior ruin this great opportunity. This is not a crack house or an opium den. This is a place to dance, listen to great music, and enjoy yourself with your family.

Respect the dance! Don't cut across a crowded dance floor just to get to the other side. Don't swing you glow sticks on strings in the middle of the floor when space is limited enough already. There is a place and time for everything. There is no such thing, as bad dancing so don't criticize others. We all look like a bunch raving lunatics on the dance floor. And if you don't believe me I will show you the photos.

Also remember that we, the family of true hardcore JP fans, are putting our reputations on the line. Are we going to show everyone we can do it the right way and in style? Or are we going to look like a bunch of a@#holes by letting a few people ruin a good thing? Watch out for yourselves and watch out for others. If we keep a tight ship and develop a reputation for not allowing losers to screw things up, then the losers wont come knocking on the door in the first place.

Most of all, dance hard, BE SAFE and have the best time of your lives. Life is too short to waste opportunities like this on irresponsible behavior when we could be dancing.

Kristen

a.k.a. KrisKat

Guest mojamis

Why be negative bro. Maybe - just maybe people will be smart enough to learn from the disaster sf became. I think enforcing 21 and over and being strict is a good start and I think if anyone does get fucked up to the point of passing out and making a scene or even worse needing the paramedics they should be banned from the club for good. I think if it is made clear from day one this things , along with selling in the club will not be tolerated AT ALL . this could possibly make it and be a great venue.

the reason he hasnt gone global is because the only people that will lesten to his shitty music are a bunch of crack heads.....

If he spun in fabric or any of the big london clubs....people would walk the fuck because they dont wanna hear him play like a prayer layed over derb layed over going through it........yea maybe in his prime he was a decent dj ( 96-99) but now the tina has gone to his head and he spins nothing but mindless repetive beats.....

seriously expand your horizons and try taking a listen to the following djs

Lee Burridge

DT

Danny Howells

Erick Morrilo

James Holden

Satoshi Tomie

James Zabiela

THOSE ARE FUCKING DJS

Originally posted by rollindeep11

the reason he hasnt gone global is because the only people that will lesten to his shitty music are a bunch of crack heads.....

If he spun in fabric or any of the big london clubs....people would walk the fuck because they dont wanna hear him play like a prayer layed over derb layed over going through it........yea maybe in his prime he was a decent dj ( 96-99) but now the tina has gone to his head and he spins nothing but mindless repetive beats.....

seriously expand your horizons and try taking a listen to the following djs

Lee Burridge

DT

Danny Howells

Erick Morrilo

James Holden

Satoshi Tomie

James Zabiela

THOSE ARE FUCKING DJS

i have never been a JP fan. i have heard his material and was never impressed with it at all. looping the same track for 30 minutes while laying some vocals over it does not seem to me to be talent. I guess unless you truly know the ins and outs of the art of DJ'ing you would never know the difference. To each thier own i guess. i agree with your reply on why he has not gone global. if he was to play in the UK people would walk off the dance floor and right out the door.

I cant really blame people for actually thinking that JP is the shit considering the fact that every radio station in the US shoves the same fucking crap songs and shitty DJ's down our throats and most of us buy into that. Its very sad considering there is so much more music and so many more DJ's out there that can expand and bring fresh shit to the table. unfortunatly americans dont see it that way and it stays in the "underground".

owning a record/music shop i see this first hand. there are so many CD's in my store with DJ's that are not on the radio or an every day name but are so much better than the average shit you would buy. Thay dont sell!! why?? because peoples mindframes are set in a way that keeps them in fear of trying out something fresh. perhaps buying a CD with a DJ's name on it that they have never heard before and opening thier mind to a new direction. Sad stuff

Originally posted by afa8317

Good Luck the cops will close this place in a month

cant close a place in a month, did you read the indictment for sf? took FOUR YEARS OF gathering undercover info to shut the place down for good. all the other times it was open in about a week. dont we all just love OPTIMISTIC uninformed ppl like you?

Originally posted by shaegodiva

cant close a place in a month, did you read the indictment for sf? took FOUR YEARS OF gathering undercover info to shut the place down for good. all the other times it was open in about a week. dont we all just love OPTIMISTIC uninformed ppl like you?

Here's a newsflash. Exit and Marvisi have been investigated for years. Just because JP is leasing it, and they changed the name and have a new sound system doesn't mean the evidence they collected all these years goes out the window. It's like saying a serial killer gets a clean slate if he changes his name and gets a new social security number.

Originally posted by £ddie

Here's a newsflash. Exit and Marvisi have been investigated for years. Just because JP is leasing it, and they changed the name and have a new sound system doesn't mean the evidence they collected all these years goes out the window. It's like saying a serial killer gets a clean slate if he changes his name and gets a new social security number.

School them please........ ;)

Originally posted by kriskat22

Spread the word, JP is fantastic and we love his MUSIC. Lets make sure everyone else in the world knows that it's not about the drugs, it's about dancing to the music. If I see someone so wrecked that they are passed out in a corner I am going to kick them, or dance on their head, until they get up and get the f*$k out. I hope everyone has learned the lessons of Sound Factory and no one lets any irresponsible behavior ruin this great opportunity. This is not a crack house or an opium den. This is a place to dance, listen to great music, and enjoy yourself with your family.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

you will have your hands full all night then

You people with all your negativity are fuckin annoying! Stay out of a thread if you have nothing positive to add! This is not a beef or opinion thread so get the fuck out! I probably know more about music than all of you, and i like jp. So fuck off. Move to europe if you have to. You seem to like it there better.

As far as tonight goes, all the bullshit surrounding this event definately annoyed me. At this point ima just go, get there as early as i can. If i get in, great! If not, im shooting over to see Carl Cox baby! With a change of clothes in hand. No matter what its gonna be a sick night.

Well what did i just say, i wanna go to black cuz i havent heard him in months and ive been waiting for this opening night for that long. I am pissed as hell that i might miss carl cox but this is how it goes. It's either jp or carl for me. And if i didnt have work i woulda went to MP last night! Avalon is no joke lately. I wish the crowd didnt suck tho. Fuckin long island/staten island crowd

Originally posted by Joe618

You people with all your negativity are fuckin annoying! Stay out of a thread if you have nothing positive to add! This is not a beef or opinion thread so get the fuck out! I probably know more about music than all of you, and i like jp. So fuck off. Move to europe if you have to. You seem to like it there better.

As far as tonight goes, all the bullshit surrounding this event definately annoyed me. At this point ima just go, get there as early as i can. If i get in, great! If not, im shooting over to see Carl Cox baby! With a change of clothes in hand. No matter what its gonna be a sick night.

i dont think what i posted was negative. yes it was an opinion but like i said "to each thier own..."

Originally posted by Joe618

Well what did i just say, i wanna go to black cuz i havent heard him in months and ive been waiting for this opening night for that long. I am pissed as hell that i might miss carl cox but this is how it goes. It's either jp or carl for me. And if i didnt have work i woulda went to MP last night! Avalon is no joke lately. I wish the crowd didnt suck tho. Fuckin long island/staten island crowd

if u skip carl cox...for JP...u r truly an idiot

I knew this thread would catch a lot of sh*t from some and understanding from others. Great, the real intent is to get people to read it. If only one person rethinks their actions tonight and decides on a more responsible course than it was worth it. I enjoy the music of many different DJs and respect the ones who play musical styles I don't like. They are all artists in their own right each with their own style. If every DJ played what any one person considered good, this would be a very boring place. I care enough about the EDM scene to try and do my small part to make it better and I thank those who take the time to show their appreciation. I hope everyone has a great time tonight at whatever venue they are going to and that everyone shows a little bit of respect and responsibilty.

Dance Hard and Play Safe

KK

yes, i've been told that im strange, and maybe that is why i prefer a long island/staten island crowd over a bunch of juiced up, cracked out, shirtless new jersey-ites, wearing (way too tight)faded jeans, and (just to make things funnier) sunglasses in a place that is pitch fucking black

but hey, some like blondes, some like brunettes

Originally posted by kriskat22

He could have broke out and gone global sharing his music with the world, like so many other DJs have done.

:laugh:

NO

you think if he couldve, he wouldnt do it? lol retard

next time i can make a lot more money and get my name out there i wont . ok :rolleyes:

lol

Originally posted by stompy

yes, i've been told that im strange, and maybe that is why i prefer a long island/staten island crowd over a bunch of juiced up, cracked out, shirtless new jersey-ites, wearing (way too tight)faded jeans, and (just to make things funnier) sunglasses in a place that is pitch fucking black

but hey, some like blondes, some like brunettes

both islands and jersey are all the same.

I am sure you all think I am some kind of JP whack job by now which is understandable. I wrote this piece with his fan base in mind. Yes, I do like JP. But I also like a lot of other DJ as well who are equally talented.

I believe in harm reduction and while drugs in society will be around for a very log time, I hope I can do a little to help people think before they OD. The one thing I have noticed across all of the forums is no one has criticized the main message of not being irresponsible. What ever you may think of JP, his fans or drug use, no one said ODing was good.

A lot of the responses have been a matter of personal opinion and I believe everyone is entitled to them and their right to express them. I would like to thank everyone who posted for keeping this thread at the top of the board for the day. The total posts of 130 and views of 1281 to date did exactly what I had hoped. People read it and that is the main goal.

I hope everyone has a great night wherever they decide to go and that everyone does the smart thing, be safe.

>|<