Clubplanet Nightlife Community

MAURO PICOTTO AT Privilege REVIEW

koky

Alls i gotta say is that i love the place :cool: i love what they did with it !! sound was great !! vibe was awsome !! the people were friendly (inside not at the door ) well i was ok , but i saw alot of people having trouble at the door:( ... other than that it went really smooth for me n happyface :D the vibe in this place reminds me a bit of the vibe in shadow for some wierd reason. and actually i saw alot of familiar faces from shadow and even union lounge !! :eek: the music was fuckin awsome ... picotto had me n my bro wanting to fuckin go off but the place was too fuckin packed ! but damn my blood was flowing and wanted to fucking go nutts !! :mad: picotto tore it up and threw down nasty untill like 2 hrs into his set when he mellowed out and started playing house ... i mean i love house but you "CANNOT" !! go from techno to house !! i felt the energy leave the room at that moment .. he was playin nice shit but the energy level just went down ... but before that he had the crowd going crazy and jumping like maniacs :eek: i had a good time and loved the music !! the place was great as well !! if only it was a bit bigger it would be perfect !! but i guess im asking for too much now :D:cool:

so in ending alls i gotta say is picotto +priviledge+ south american ladies = an awsome time !! :cool: peace !! koky !:cool:

I think the place is just the right size, it is a bit too small for someone like Picotto, but any bigger and it would be too hard to fill when they have less well known artists come play, and I definitely appreciate the underground talent they've been bringing :aright:

Nice review Koky,

Picotto is the MAN ! Ripped the place apart. Like Koky said he did suddenly shift gears at one point , not playing house but rather taking it down a couple of notches in order to give people a break. Absolutely the right thing to do considering how ram packed it was. At around two I requested that my set be cut short and for the music downstairs be piped into my room. The aleviated the pressure from the main room and hopefully got more people into the club. Big thanks to Sage for helping me out on the decks las night. You rock girlfriend !

Big thanks to the Privilege crew for making this happen. What a great way to cap off an already spectacular WMC for them.

Oh , and a big FUCK YOU goes out to all the Miami Beach politicians, undercover cops and generally any other beauracratic jerk off who makes it very difficult to conduct a nightclub operation here. You need to remember this: It is the nightclub/lounge/restaurant business that made South Beach the international destination that it is. Don't forget who you really work for; THE AMERICAN TAX PAYING PUBLIC ! We are showing signs of a strong comeback so please don't kill the geese that lay golden eggs all over this place !

Enough ranting...Carry on. :tongue:

Great Time as Usual, Picotto Is Like the Tiesto of Techno,

He had a very nice set, a little choppy, He always cranks the treble way to high IMO.

Next Week MY Girl: MIstress Barbarra

I wanna Personally Invite All The Cpers, To Come Hang with the Privilege Crew and DRink.

Details to Come soon.

Guest saleen351

120 people just died in a club fire not too long along, give me a break, they are doing their job so 120 families don't have to bury their relatives...

stop crying.. i feel safer knowing they are fucking with yous.

Read my post again Saleen. In no way was I referring to the Fire Marshals. I was referring to another incident which in the interest of keeping this post drama free I chose not to specify. You just assumed that. Which as usually happens when you assume things makes an ass out of you...well you know the rest.

Read my post again Saleen. In no way was I referring to the Fire Marshals. I was referring to another incident which in the interest of keeping this post drama free I chose not to specify. You just assumed that. Which as usually happens when you assume things makes an ass out of you...well you know the rest.

Originally posted by djdekan

Great Time as Usual, Picotto Is Like the Tiesto of Techno,

He had a very nice set, a little choppy, He always cranks the treble way to high IMO.

Next Week MY Girl: MIstress Barbarra

I wanna Personally Invite All The Cpers, To Come Hang with the Privilege Crew and DRink.

Details to Come soon.

BRING IT THE FUCK ON!!!

The Mistress will beat you into submission with some Techno beats. :)

...place was packed ! , very hot n steamy and not much room to dance at all , spent most of my time upstairs where it wasn't nearly as crazy ......... Picotto set was GOOD , nothing expectacular as I wasn't digging the mellower-junglish part of his set (2am-315am or so) .

All in All a Good nights out most def. :)

I think Picotto for the first 2 hours was fucking incredible, energy like a mofo in priv couldnt stop moving despite that it was jammed packed down stairs but not too bad.Mauro P is still my fav tech dj, yeah he changed the style later into the night but the first few hours were good enough for me, so I wont hate on the "house " he spun.I also said to my bro hes just bringing it down for the crowd can catch a breather, fuck that if it was up to me TECH all night long. :cool:The build-ups were insane and with the lights turnning all red made it feel as if you were el el infierno, just sick as hell.First time there and liked the place,the vibe was great and alot of hot ladies.My only hate was about the door other than that it was great. ;):cool:

Theres nothing better than seeing a hot female jamming her ass to techno hardcore,stomping one foot,nodding her head, and fist pumping. :eek:

i dont even wanna talk about my night BEFORE getting to Picotto...so i will just talk about Picotto's set...good set IMO...we got there and he was banging...and i mean banging...for about 2 hr straight hard techno...then he brought it down for about another 2 hrs...smart IMO but it was a little to abrupt...the transition wasnt too smooth...he went from banging to chillin in 2 seconds flat...there is no doubt he should have brought it down a bit...banging techno all night would have left many bodies lying on the dancefloor...then in his "chill out" stage, he played some cheesey crap...Safri Duo track? WTF!!! still a good night...b/c right after his little venture into "cheese land" he brought the energy back up...and played banging disgusting techno...he destroyed the place...we closed out the place and even after he was done...people were still chanting "Mauro Mauro Mauro"...i gave his set a a B-....i had a great time hanging with Dekan, Mursa, Steffy, Andrew Thomas, Meli and good seeing Happyface...overall a good night...i am def. thinking about hitting Mistress Barabara this Saturday...

Well if I wouldn't have had to pay $50 to get in (after the people in front of us were told $40) then I would have shared the excitement my friend Koky had. I just don't see how they can pull a "Space" that night. Grant it I was not thinking when I didn't pay the $25 for presale, but come on $40 then a minute later charge $50. Picotto is good, but not THAT good. Anyway, I love Privilege for the fact that it has one of the best vibes in Miami. People go there to dance. Tronic Treatment I was sober and danced my arse off (still feeling it). Hopefully I will be wiser next time and grab a presale ticket next time he's in town.

Originally posted by lilliz77

Well if I wouldn't have had to pay $50 to get in (after the people in front of us were told $40) then I would have shared the excitement my friend Koky had. I just don't see how they can pull a "Space" that night. Grant it I was not thinking when I didn't pay the $25 for presale, but come on $40 then a minute later charge $50.

remember that the club only holds a very small amount of people...hence the min. by min. jacking up of the price...that place was soooo stuffed...best thing they did was pump the music into the 2nd floor...up there was seating everywhere, places to dance and was not a cluster fuck like the main floor was...my avg. time from my seat to the bar was about 30 seconds...avg time downstairs? i dont know..i couldnt even get close to the bar...

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

remember that the club only holds a very small amount of people...hence the min. by min. jacking up of the price...that place was soooo stuffed...best thing they did was pump the music into the 2nd floor...up there was seating everywhere, places to dance and was not a cluster fuck like the main floor was...my avg. time from my seat to the bar was about 30 seconds...avg time downstairs? i dont know..i couldnt even get close to the bar...

cool, I am not that pissed though, I had a good time at Nerve for the skin party.