Clubplanet Nightlife Community

remember the tunnel

Originally posted by ynnej

That night was so insane 5,800 people were there, tll after the performence then some wack ass dj came on and 5000 people left withen 30 minutes. I cant remenber who cleared the floor that night.

R u saying Jenifer Lopez was there and she performed? After her show a wack DJ (Luis Santana) came on and the place cleared out?

tunnel.bmp

Housedog that's an awesome picture bro,

How did you get it w/ the lights on like that, was it the night they shut down in 99'? That was a fucked up night, and it was weird seeing the fog lights on....

Post more pics if you got em'!

Man oh MAN does that picture ever bring back the memories. Nothing out there today compares to what the place was...

Do you peeps remember all the guys who had the Tunnel symbol tattooed on the back of their necks? Wonder what ever happened to them. I certainly don't see them out anymore... *sigh*

Originally posted by misskittie

Man oh MAN does that picture ever bring back the memories. Nothing out there today compares to what the place was...

Do you peeps remember all the guys who had the Tunnel symbol tattooed on the back of their necks? Wonder what ever happened to them. I certainly don't see them out anymore... *sigh*

I was just telling somebody about that shit.....

Originally posted by bassboy

I was just telling somebody about that shit.....

Haha They probably stayed true to the name "Tunnel Rat" and live in the basement.... :laugh: That's the best that I can come up with.

Those cats were everywhere you looked inside that joint and then one day, *poof*, they all vanished. I just don't get it...

Thanks, I found that picture on the net, I have no idea where it is from.

Originally posted by bassboy

Housedog that's an awesome picture bro,

How did you get it w/ the lights on like that, was it the night they shut down in 99'? That was a fucked up night, and it was weird seeing the fog lights on....

Post more pics if you got em'!

Those clips just made my eyes well up! If there is anything I miss regarding my party days, it's without a doubt going to Tunnel every weekend, Friday and Saturday, for years!

And noone jump on me but, in my opinion, Tunnel was one of the best clubs I EVER attended in NY. Tunnel and Paladium rawked my world...even more than Twilo.

Thanks for posting those vids. It makes my day! :)

Todd thats for posting those video's. They gave me goose bumps.

I agree with Miss Kittie, Paladium was the bomb. The stairs all lit up when you walked in and the theater seating, alot of bad stuff happened up there.

I missed the tunnel in its hey day. I started going the end of 1996, so I really missed its prime, but even though I started there late it was still great times. Remeber 27th St in its day with Twilo and Tunnel on one street, it was ALWAYS packed.

I saved the best for last, Limelight. It was (for me) very hard to get in, but once I did it felt like I was in a different world. The inside had SO MANY different kinds of people. Everyone was nice and friendly, and you really could DO anything you wanted in here. I seen people sniffin glue to people smoke out of crack pipes. :eek: My favorite part of the night was @ 3am,the hardcore power hour, the place went NUTS great times indeed.

I would get there like at 1am go to the kurfew side and hang in the fuzzy room then i would make my way into the bathroom's up stairs, i have made so meny friends in that bathroom,,,then i would go into the room in back and listen to some hardcore...I came across so meny people in that place...black,white gay,straight,,clubkids,,we all partied together...:eek: 98 had to be one of the best years there...i would stay till about 9am walk out side into the morning sun... ps anyone there the night that kid died outside the club and no one could leave till they took everyones name down....RIP