Clubplanet Nightlife Community

G&D Review plus avalon comments

Surprised I didn't see any reviews here of G&D at Avalon last night. Anyway, G&D tore it up for the first few hours they were on, but around 4am their set really started sucking (in my opinion). Very disjointed and little to no mixing going on whatsoever. Seems like they just decided to program their musicmatch jukebox then sit down for a while. After about an hour of that we got bored since the beat wasn't really that great and left at around 5am. Overall, good night, but G&D should probably stick to producing and leave the djing to professionals.

Oh yeah, I'm hoping the people who own/run/have influence at Avalon read this post. Please turn on the AC, all three times I've been to Avalon it has been at least 100 degrees on the main dance floor. Stop being so cheap and give the people who patronize your club a break. I'm surprised no one has passed out or whatever from dehydration/heat exhaustion.

Thanks

last night was my shittiest avalon experience.. well, except for that snowstorm we had when there were all of no joke.. 25-30 people in the club..

last night the crowd was so terribly :lame:

the music was ok at times.. probably about a dancable song every 4 or 5 songs..

the smell was just absolutely horrendous.. at first i walked in and smelled an abundance of cologne/perfume but then it went away and all i could smell was BO... i'm glad this weekend is over and done with.. there's no more good dj's for a while so i think i will give clubs a rest and concentrate on bars and lounges..

ps was there a meetup?? i got there at 1:45 because i got out of work late..

pss whoever da mask was... i saw you.. good job.. the club scene needs more characters

i thought the music was good. Dancing however is something different. THere were only a few songs that had a decent speed to them that you could actually dance.

old timer- you are right about the BO in that place. Every frekin person that walked by me smelled like ass.

The crowd there was as mixed as it can get i think. Never seen such a diverse crowd in there. Kinda wierd, looked like there was a ton of ppl from out of town. Other than that they really needed to stop walking through the middle of the floor and need to start dancing. If not GET OFF THE FLOOR! :mad:

Anyways, i think the experience could have been alot better, but what are ya gonna do.

Rachel- sucks ya didnt get it. Sure hope ya had a better time than most of us did.

-billy

Originally posted by xxrachael1xx

yea holla to asshole bouncers not letting me in

but anyway im glad i went to arc for Danny Howells. great music, dancers, and much better vibe..

only like 4 people dance at avalon its weird there.

How the hell do they not let girls in??? By the time we left that place was a dude disaster...nothing but sausage as far as the eye could see.

I got there late...just before 2AM and left early (around 4:30)

Just didn't feel it.

Music was ok....more like something I would play whilst cleaning my room. Soft trancy with a lot of slow trippy parts - perfect if you were on E and tripping hard.

When I got there it was horrible - looked like a prom party - drunk kids standing around, crowded as hell.

Little after 3 it got better - kids went home :D

Met only a few people from CP - what happened to all the other peeps that said they'd come??

Originally posted by PCR

I got there late...just before 2AM and left early (around 4:30)

Just didn't feel it.

Music was ok....more like something I would play whilst cleaning my room. Soft trancy with a lot of slow trippy parts - perfect if you were on E and tripping hard.

When I got there it was horrible - looked like a prom party - drunk kids standing around, crowded as hell.

Met only a few people from CP - what happened to all the other peeps that said they'd come??

too bad, you missed the beginning when it was thumping :) Anyway, I hear you about the crowd. Seemed like most of the people there didn't even know it was G&D and weren't there for the music, just to get drunk and grope(sp?) the few girls who were there.

i agree....it wasnt a great night...G & D need to work on their mixing skills A LOT! The music was too much "stop and go"...the tracks would build up to a nice tempo and them BOOM..they would cut it w/ some lame slow symphonic epic-ambient-cheezy trance type track...

and PEOPLE.....LAY OF THE DRUGZZ...they honestly make ya look stupid! AND please WEAR deodorant... :blank:

the mask dude ruled! :D

Originally posted by PCR

im in the same boat... got in at like 1:45 left at 4:15.. at 330 ish it definitely cleared out but i feel like all the wrong people left... the place was still filled with tools.. next time everyone needs to post what they'll be wearing..

I gotta say I always look up to Da Mask! He is not only a unique dancer but he is a cool person. I tend to agree with the drops of symphonic something or other that glowgirl said. But I on the other hand was totally amazed that Josh Gabriel was djing straight on a macintosh. And it wasn't a traktor dj type prog. I think that alot of people wish the room to dance but Avalon just gets so filled and people do drink which leads to the usual bumping around. I am used to it so I don't even think about it. Anyway it seems like I am the only one on this thread whom enjoyed himself but I am not as musically well versed as the rest of you I guess. :updown:

Originally posted by digitalextacy

I gotta say I always look up to Da Mask! He is not only a unique dancer but he is a cool person. I tend to agree with the drops of symphonic something or other that glowgirl said. But I on the other hand was totally amazed that Josh Gabriel was djing straight on a macintosh. And it wasn't a traktor dj type prog. I think that alot of people wish the room to dance but Avalon just gets so filled and people do drink which leads to the usual bumping around. I am used to it so I don't even think about it. Anyway it seems like I am the only one on this thread whom enjoyed himself but I am not as musically well versed as the rest of you I guess. :updown:

well, to make a long story short, I had a good time all in all. Oh yeah, he wasn't just using his pc (they use final scratch, as does almost every popular dj these days), was also spinning vinyls, etc :)

wow - and i was pissed for missing this - it was one of those social disaster/drama nites for me -- guess i didnt miss much... :blank:

Cant remember if avalon has perfume/deo available in the bathrooms - if not - they should def think about it -- ;)

I thought G&D were pretty good. I could see that it's a little painful for them to mix, but the tracks they played were awesome which in my opinion made up for it. It wasnt great dancing music though, I do agree there.

I found it kind of amusing that one of them was eating while he was spinning. ( I dont know who's gabriel and who's dresden)

Guest klassiksking

I had a good time up until about 4:00 - music didnt have energy. Overall I think it was a decent night for $20 but would have rathered gone to Spirit. I was happy to hear

Beautiful Things

As the Rush Comes

Motorcycle's new track is hottt!

Imagination

Sanctuary

I guess I had more to drink than most of you...as I enjoyed my night...dancing....loved it especially when

Beautiful Things

As the Rush Comes

filled the room....I sang along....it it was wonderful:) :)

but I must say.... the crowd is getting worse by each week I go to avalon...... I get anoyed by the..... smelly.... almost taking their shirts off few.......

glad to hear damask is still ripping it him and i haven shared a dancefloor since rick corbo websterhall days. Matter of fact dx whens the last time we paried together like ALL OF US. Seems likeyou rudy alan are always at avalon while im getting my HOUSE music fixture all over the place. Man i hear nothing ut bad reviwes of avalon all the time.

get rudy and alan to meetup to go to spirit. Im trying to get drew,betty,sunny,,luks.victor,anna,carlos,samora and few others tocome out. But then gain rick is also spinning in queens at a place called HARD, dont ask. But MORALES at spirit will be awesome.