Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think of Party 93.1 ??

michaelmartin

Guest saleen351

pssttttttt buster... I help make mia mondays what they are....

and you do have some valid points, but phil is not called a jackass by me, this is the statements of so many nyc djs, when phil was up there, i think at ktu, before franky blue took over and killed ktu...

I don't bash them on the basis of their current success, but it's obvious in a few years, goodbye... xm and sirus are exploding, and ipods are cheaper, and so many were purchased apple had to hold off internatiio launches of them, since 100k were bought before their public release...

93.1 doesn't even try and apease the real music heads... though i do like the classic lunch mix, <<< which is my idea...

and pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee someone kill marky g, eric velez, and tell that natlia chick, the jenna jamison porrno look came and went 3 years ago... that chick use to be so smoking hot, now shes miami trash looking..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by bustersobe

I'll pass along your thoughts.

they won't listen....

tell the HNIC

give me the drive at home at 5pm till 7pm, and I'll program a set that would blow their fucking minds, radio friendly house with non cheese energy vocal trance....

but phil won't listen, he's tanking and the whole ship is going down with him.....

Cmon Buster dont listen to the fat fuck, he doesnt know whats hes talking about, all he talks about is New york this, new york that, makes me wonder why fatty is down since he loves new york so much, maybe the state kicked him out for being such a prick, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, anyways would i kick natalia out of bed, that depends on what she would do for me, i rather have natalia in bed then fae, god shes annonying!!!

No disrepect to Party 93.1 ...but damn guys ...You play the same songs over n over...and yes I get it ..play anthems that are more likelly to please the listening audience...Fine!! But you guys still play the same tracks over n over...I give you props in exposing dance music to South Florida..and for introducing live broadcasts featuring well known DJs ...and for Markus Shultz's show on Sundays..plus George Alvarado..Edgar V..Oakey n Acosta's DJ shows...There all str8..no problem there ...but everything else is the same...!!! THE SAME THING..OVER n over n over!! WHY??

I read what Buster posted...no disrespect to you at all..

I hear what your saying with devoting your life to dance music..and how PArty 93.1 is the number 1 non hip hop station...

Thats awesome ..mad props there!! But I got an idea for all you CLUBPLANET headzzz out there.....How about a new radio station...I know sounds hard..and very ambitious..but why not...There's like 3 stations in Miami that play hip -hop...and I know hip- hop is HOT right now...but Whavtever!!! This SOund ..is the future and the future is NOW!! Don't you think...call me Crazy ...but ti can be done..

A station where local, club, and global djs can be exposed as the main thing to the station...yes djs..and mc's alongside to host n showcase there skills ... make it entertaining and at the same time informative 2 the listening audience ...not only that but play tracks from all types of sounds...

House...Tribal...Deep House..Tech-House...Electro-Clash

Techno...Ambient...Drum n Bass..Hard House...Trance...Garage

Break-Beats..even classic cuts from when electronic music got its start...and of course the Anthems..

Give this music its tru sense of what it truelly can be...not just the same songs over n over...

I think its time for a NEW station...not a dance station..but an ELECTRONIC MUSIC station..based more on the music and the Producers / Artists / Labels / Groups / DJs that make the underground rock and move all over the world....

I'm talking about having local djs exposed more on the radio

such as:

Roland..Jimmy T...Craig Demo..Dj FX..Jon Cowan..Michael Louis

Dave Preston...Austin Leeds ..Matt Spector..Wendel...Oscar Fonseca..Diaga..Sean Bauzay...Merlyn..DHM...Sean Rudnick

just to name a few...plus others out there....

and introduce more well known djs

like:

James Zabiela..Lee Burridge...Craig Richards..Nick Warren..Tayo

John Debo..Chris Fortier..Steve Porter..James Holden...Tony Thomas..Smight...Jas..Jay Tripwiire..MaX Graham...Quivver..Taylor

Sandra Collins..Dj Icey..DJ Hardware..Andy Hughes..Kimbal Collins

Olive Klien...John 00 FLemming...Adam Freeland...Deep Dish..

Danny Howells...Sasha n John Digweed...Infusion...Peace Divison

Slacker....Hybrid...Dave Seaman....Mathew Dekkay..Jackl n HYde

Medway..Sean Cusick..Jimmy Van M..Seb Fontaine...Jerry Bonham

Josh Wink..Christopher Lawrance..Doc Martin..Steve LAwler...

Ferry Corsten..Micro...Halo Varga..Nubreed...LTj Bunkem

Dieselboy..Ak1200..Dj Rap...Dj CRaze...Photek..DB...Soulslinger..

Oscar G...Stryke....Darren Emerson..DJ Hyper...Noel Sanger

you get the picture.... REAL electronic music..and focus more on the DJs...and the fans....

" BY the People...4 the People" ..come on guys Miami radio air waves need a new station...Its the people who listen to it that make its success..

Guest saleen351

So let me ask you nick as a full blooded American........

Would you kick Natalia out of bed?

see thats my point, I"m not basher her, I met her 2 years ago, and she was looking for some producers to coloborate with her on some records, so we got to talking and we exchanged numbers, but never spoke, but at the time, she was such a beautiful gal, and i'm disapointed in how she carries her self these days....

but no, i wouldn't kick her out of my bed, i'd handcuff her to my bed..:cool:

Originally posted by xxgrooveericxx

93.1 is a dance music station......

What people on here like isn't considered "dance" music in their eyes; trance, house, progressive, etc. But to the mass population, it is "dance" music.

What does that mean? I dunno, but sounds kinda intellectual :tongue:

i guess you are a regular listener since u played that oldie "silence" the other day

at MIA

right ?

Originally posted by saleen351

phil (runs 93.1) is known as a jackass, and 93.1 is 2-3 years away from dropping off the face of earth...

Phil Michales just wants more cheese ... money, i remember when he was sent me an email

saying "don't worry, we would never get any close to hip hop" next thing you know,

they are playing Outkast ..

Originally posted by mrmatas2277

i admire Buster for standing up for his employer...

buster should be better off working on a circus

Originally posted by michaelmartin

No disrepect to Party 93.1 ...but damn guys ...You play the same songs over n over.....

Im guessing u started this topic because u have nothing else to do ;)

================

whats my point ?

they should take 93.1 off the air and leave GDJB and programs alike (good ones) on a different station, one that is

actually worth listening to ..

Are we back to this same old tired thing again.............??????????

C'mon guys. I thought you were done with this...........

simply put we do not program this radio station for the likes of you and I. It is designed for the poeple who have never been to nor like clubs.

Party 93.1 is programmed LIKE ALL top 40 radio station. IE - high repetition of HIT SONGS. Average radio listener in this demo listens for appriximately 15-20 mins, usually in a vehicle, so we need to hit them with the BIG CHOONS constantly.

Truth be told, we are turning more and more people everyday to this music, opening doors for them seek other styles of dance music, further exposing artists and selling CD's making you guys happier because the artsits get to keep releasing music because they can make $$$$.

And the numbers don't lie..........we are the #4 station in our demo and the #1 NON HIP HOP station.

I have devoted my life to bringing dance music to new levels in the US through telelvision and radio. IF you and the other peeps on this baord want to contribute to the cause then get off your ass and do something..........otherwise, shut the hell up and let us change the face of dance music in the US.

I hear no complaints when we are at SPACE, MIA MONDAYS, Sunday nights with Oakie, and GDJB the rest.......

My suggestion to you........get satellite radio..........listen to a CD.

But if you have a true love for dance music, support those who are working to push the industry forward, otherwise get the hell out of my way and shut your mouth.......I have no time amatuers who sit on their asses and bitch.

until then....keep your fist pumping and your $10 K-mart shirt out of my scene.........Jackass.

1) where is the logic behind creating a dance music station, for people who dont go to clubs???:rolleyes::confused: How the hell do you guys think your turning more people on to dance music when all you guys do is pollute their idea of what dance music is!!!!

2) you say you want the listener who tunes in for 15-20 to get a hit dropped on them.... but your idea of "hits" are 1-2 years old!!!:idea:

3) You guys got a long way before you change the face of dance music in the US... at least in a positive way!!!

word of advice.... Have you guys ever heard of radio one!!!:idea:

PS broadcasts at space and mia lounge are great... GDJB is also somthing to be VERY proud of....

its 93.1 version of dance music during the weekdays that makes people think dance music is soooooo cheesy!!!

I mean, you guys took a song that i used to love (iio - rapture) and now it makes me want to vomit when i hear it:(

Chibale..I was really tierd..;) .VERY!!...and rcrespo..you got the idea...

Come on peepz...Miami needs it!!

DJs..Prodcuers..Groups..Labels..Clubs...FAns..Klub headz..FREAKS!!

4 the kids who love there underground ....

excatlly...

The Womb...Radio 1...mix them up and u get ???

Originally posted by AndrewChibale

i guess you are a regular listener since u played that oldie "silence" the other day

at MIA

right ?

No sir. I'm not a regualr 93.1 listener. The only times I listen would be on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights for mix shows with Edgar V, Markus Schulz, etc.

I don't know what 93.1's playlist is because I don't listen. I played the Delerium - Silence (Tiesto Search of Sunrise Remix) because I heard it the same day on an old mix I had and I decided to play it. Now just because I played it doesn't mean I am a regular listener. Maybe you are? :idea:

Buster, u are rt on some points; but what can u do to change the programming there? At least there is a "dance" music station in Miami. I wish there was an alternate station that would play all types of dance music 24/7 all mixed up!! Before there was Beach radio and the womb, but got killed by FCC. I would love to get off my ass and do something about it; but I don't know where to start!! I mean start a competing radio station. Buster, if you have any ideas let me know. Unfortunately all of FM radio is just about making money. If anyone in Miami has the collateral and knowledge in starting up an alternate dance music station, let me know and I will try to help in any way that I can.

i didn't wanna post anything, but then decided to post something, but didn't, and now i'm back to posting something that i didn't wanna post... anyway...

i dislike party 93.1... i dislike music they play... but party 93.1 doesn't target us, trance/house heads... their target is cheeseheads or confused posers who just a year ago were throwing gang signs out of their cutlass supremes playing ja rule's new single screaming 'money over bitches' on the way to work at k-mart [in other words masses]... as some of you remember, ministry of sound radio was THE station back in the days, but was touched by Dairy Fairy and melted in a pot of cheddar... party 93.1 never claimed to be underground nor tried to be an underground station [on commercial waves]... i didn't like it from the beginning, always thought that their resident mixologists who can't mix sucked, and so did their parties [my friends from Netherlands went to a couple of those and said that it was a disgrace to EDM]... i'm glad that party 93.1 broadcasts GDJB... in my opinion it's a #2 radio show in the world and it's a true blessing to have a show like this on a radio station in supposedly the capital of EDM in the U.S....

back to people complaining about mozarella being played on 93.1... cheese sells, underground doesn't [simply because it caters to a small group of people instead of masses]... and honestly, i wouldn't wanna hear my favorite 'underground' artists on an FM station... the less exposure underground gets, the longer it'll stay underground... that's my standpoint...

btw, dancestar usa is a joke...

BBC Radio 1 is a Pop station during most hours of the day, and is closest in sound to Miami's Y-100. Radio 1 is not a good example, and i'll tell you why:

It hasn't always been a station with an excellent weekend lineup. You gotta keep in mind that BBC Radio 1 started out in the mid 60s, and was launched as a reaction to the growing number of pirate FM stations around England playing Pop music (during the height of the "British invasion" on the American Pop charts). Around the mid 90s BBC Radio 1's ratings started to decline big time, as commercial FM radio started to dominate. The station decided to shift gear and target a younger audience, the generation X audience. BBC Radio 1 wanted to become hipper than stations like 95.8 Capital FM in London, hence it started playing more Alternative Rock and more clubby music during regular rotation hours. You'll remember the mid 90s as being a great time for what was called Brit Pop, with bands like Oasis and Blur dominating the British scene. The Program Director at the time also decided to revamp the weekend lineup, and consulted with Pete Tong on how to make the station sound hotter.

All this didn't exactly happen overnight. Also keep in mind that Radio 1 doesn't air commercials, and can afford to target a more youth based audience.

Party 93.1 has its work cut out for itself. Even though Miami has a long history of supprting Dance music on the radio, the current climate shows audiences tastes are very big on Hip Hop, or whatever MTV is playing (when it actually airs videos). The mainstream audiences tastes are far from being sophisticated so if it isn't hip hop, they want to hear "sappy" love songs (witness the success of american Idol, which even some of folks who post on CP watch...), which is why Modern Rock music sounds very wimpy now compared to 10 years ago (bands used to sing about alot more than just love). Listen to the Spanish stations in Miami on 106.7 and 107.5, what do they play?

Party 93.1 has to appeal to a LARGE number of ppl with income, and to people who would be interested in hearing Dance music. That's why it's sort of "forced" right now to program itself the way it does. We're talking about getting the attention of hundreds of thousands of listeners in South Florida, not just a select group of 100 people who post on Clubplanet, and a few other websites, or who frequent the best clubs. Even club-wise you all know that half the people who sometimes go to places like Crobar or Space are tourists. Clubs target a very small niche compared to a 100,000 watt commercial radio station. A 1000 capacity club can host a night of brilliant EDM b/c there's a large enough audience for that. Try creating a WEEKLY EVENT (or even daily) that would attract 500,000 people with nothing but good EDM. That's what Party's up against - stations like 99 Jamz, power 96, 103.5 The Beat, and Y-100 all cume over half a million listeners per week.

Party is bridging the gap by hosting some nights that play Mainstream Dance music. Such nights are the BACKBONE of many nightclubs all over Europe. Most clubs in London or Milan, or Berlin are not as cutting edge as you'd think. You guys have all heard of certain clubs in Europe, but they don't represent the average club. Even in Holland, whoever here has friends from Holland would know that Dance bars are very popular in Holland, and they mainly play a mix of Dance and Hip Hop.

As for Holland, ID&T Radio has only been available all over Holland on FM radio for about a year. Before that you were only able to pick it up with Cable Radio (which is very popular in some european countries). So up until a year ago if you wanted to hear an hour or two of nothing but Dance music in Holland you had to tune in at the right time on the weekends to stations like 3 FM, Radio 538, and Yorin FM. Nowadays in Amsterdam you can still hear good Dance shows on thowe stations, but you can also listen to pure Dance stations like ID&T, Fresh FM, and there's a couple of other Dance stations in other parts of Holland like X-FM:

http://www.xfm.nl/

BTW, does Ibiza have an FM Dance station?

1))Party 93.1 is programmed LIKE ALL top 40 radio station. IE - high repetition of HIT SONGS. Average radio listener in this demo listens for appriximately 15-20 mins, usually in a vehicle, so we need to hit them with the BIG CHOONS constantly.

2))Truth be told, we are turning more and more people everyday to this music, opening doors for them seek other styles of dance music, further exposing artists and selling CD's making you guys happier because the artsits get to keep releasing music because they can make $$$$.

3))And the numbers don't lie..........we are the #4 station in our demo and the #1 NON HIP HOP station.

Buster you going to have to excuse me for my language, but FUCK "ALL top 40" shit.

First you guys need to play REAL ELECTRONIC Music, which is better than the shit Party 93.1 is playing. there is enough raw ass songs to play for a whole month without repeating one.

You say "Average radio listener in this demo listens for approximately 15-20 mins, ussually in a vehicle, so we need to hit them with the BIG CHOONS constanly."

Second, you hit them with the BIG BULLSHIT.

Third, I bet all they need is 12 mins of listening to songs like Punk-Ferry corsten, Lethal Industry-Tiesto, For An Angel-PVD, Seven Cities-Solar Stone, Out Of The Blue-System F, 1998-Binary Finary. just to name a few.

12 MINS of this and they'll be HOOKED.

This way you'll be turning people to this music (Electronic Music), fuck that DANCE shit, by the HUNDREDS every hour.

Fourth and Final, if you follow through the suggestions people here are giving you here like:putting all type of electronic music with programs per day through out the whole day, have local DJs , and all those great ideas. You will not only have US on your side, but the station and you will be the # 1 RADIO STATION in the COUNTRY, and it will INCREASE the masses of electronic music heads, not just in miami, but the U.S., which is what you want. I think with the right kind of people like you, and especially with TIME, you can accomplish this dream you have. of course you'll have to change the radio stations name to like "The ELECTRONIC MUSIC STATION" or something and maybe instead of saying "where dance music lives" you can say "for all by all". you know, i mean you are the creative guy, so you can think of something like that or better.

Image if you and the station gets big. you can have "The Electronic Music Station Festival" and tour around the country to all major city through out the year doing a massive electronic music festival, kind of like ULTRA, only BIGGER. i mean who knows, anything is possible once your big in this country.

But this can only be possible with TIME, and the suggestions people are giving you here, along with your own.

Imagine the possibilities, Buster. :cool:

Originally posted by michaelmartin

Ok Party 93.1 won for best radio station @ The DanceStar Awards...What do u think about the station??

That makes sense ... those two were made for each other. My opinion? The radio station, and the awards show, are both commercial crap, no different from any other pop music radio station or awards show ... and according to Buster, that's exactly what he's promoting... Top 40 radio junk for the masses. Who cares what the true supporters of the dance music world want?! Great!

What we're all saying is it's fine to do your Top-40 rotation during the 7a-7p slots when people are aimlessly driving to-and-from work, or sorting mail in the mailroom at their lame jobs ... but after 8pm, really do something for the scene and promote the rest of dance music that is not crap and repetitive. You really want us to congratulate you on your job? Then do it right and promote all forms of dance music, not just what ClearChannel tells you is dance music!

i've sent phil a few emails of records that would be friendly to their audience and hopefully i'd get to hear one record that doesnt suck when the batteries for my fm tranmistter are dead and i want to hear more than hip hop. However I did get a reply but not once did the record get put into rotation.

I think you have to embrace things that are not only given to you by some big wig label but stuff thats local on here. It would be great if someone played some unsigned record on a show once a week and someone heard it and it got signed .. wow what a concept or even if you included some local producers work on the radio. It'd be real nice to have a show on there like the essential selection on Fridays before going out and hearing who's where and there and some of the latest records out that week month whatever. No mixing required just put on a fuckin cd or vinyl. I'd be happy to do it.

Originally posted by rcrespo

i've sent phil a few emails of records that would be friendly to their audience and hopefully i'd get to hear one record that doesnt suck when the batteries for my fm tranmistter are dead and i want to hear more than hip hop. However I did get a reply but not once did the record get put into rotation.

I think you have to embrace things that are not only given to you by some big wig label but stuff thats local on here. It would be great if someone played some unsigned record on a show once a week and someone heard it and it got signed .. wow what a concept or even if you included some local producers work on the radio. It'd be real nice to have a show on there like the essential selection on Fridays before going out and hearing who's where and there and some of the latest records out that week month whatever. No mixing required just put on a fuckin cd or vinyl. I'd be happy to do it.

93.1 is run by big corporate radio. Look how long it took them to actually get such a station here. When "corporate" has a hold on a business, good luck with any ideas you have. I'm sure Phil tries what he can to implement some of those ideas, but it takes time. Sometimes, they just won't fly.....