Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Black is minor leagues!

ummmmmmm who the fuck is up ther eto even see a line................. i dont party above 27th street as do alot of other people in the city.......

But yet you post on a message board about a club above 27th street....interesting

Originally posted by distort909

ummmmmmm who the fuck is up ther eto even see a line................. i dont party above 27th street as do alot of other people in the city.......

No wonder I can't meet any hotties. I don't party below 28th street.

Anyways, $10 admission was motivation enough for me to check the place out, but I couldn't handle the wait or my impression of what the crowd might be like. I think I'm allergic to D+G tanktops along with the test cypionate and protein gas that makes me feel like I'm trapped in a nazi gas chamber. (some dude was rippin bombs all night at avalon on sat night. motherfucker had to be followin me.)

But seriously, I'm kinda get sick of Avalon even though the music is usually jammin. Where's the better time in the city these days??...crobar, spirit, etc... I need a change of scenery.

Guest distort909

i dont think scenery has much to do with it............ its the atmosphere of the party itself.

back in limelights hay day we were there wensday thursday fridya & sat..............each night had its own aura that made it different from every other night............

i dont think scenery has much to do with it............ its the atmosphere of the party itself.

back in limelights hay day we were there wensday thursday fridya & sat..............each night had its own aura that made it different from every other night............

I was too young to appreciate the limelight days although I remember spending many a night there curled up in the fetal position. Damn, I was 17 when I was sneakin in there and I looked 12 years old back then. People would stare at me like I was a 3'rd grader on a field trip.

And I agree with you. I wasn't refering to the paint on the walls. (wait, do the asians count as scenery?)

So who hosts your preferred aura these days?

Guest distort909

ummmmmmmm honestly there isnt one place i can spend that much time at anymore......... those days together were different.

but honestly........... i find myself on shelter saturdays / sunday mornings. Its a great party with great people who have an amazing vibe & love to live & dance........ but it is soulful house music...... i once hated it because i didnt understand it......... but once i let my mind be opened to it....... i fell in love with it.

then you have the 718 sessions that happen once amonth at club deep with danny krivit & hopefully the return of the body n soul party........ these parties are filled with older individuals that i hope i can grow up to be..........

if you want a more younger crowd then you have the subliminal after hours starting at 5:00 am sunday morning with eric morillo & special guests.

I think crobar has the hipist hip hop party on thursdays.......... its more of an old skool hip hop party then the gangster bling bling parties elsewhere.

Avalon when it has certain dj's.............

but the club lacks a certain aura that it used to always have.

honestly those are my pics........... aside from that i feel NYC night life is seriously lacking. it isnt fun to go out anymore.

i think it will start to change i hope :)

address of Shelter:

20 WEST 39TH STREET

Dont worry I wont tell any of your below 27th street friends that in your heart of hearts your an uptown girl!

Guest distort909

if you knew anything about clubbing you would be familiar with the term of not partying above 27th street. It is a figure of speach predominatly in the gay community.

shelter was not always up on 39th street it used to be at vinyl............

Ok Im obviously not in your inner circle of gay friends and I have lost my decoder ring so I cant understand your language.

All this being said you are still posting on a club and DJ that your not interested in...repeatedly!!!!!!!

Why?

(Now Im not tired anymore)

Guest distort909

cause this is a discussion......... i am stating my views why do you only want people who feel tha same as you posting only?

if i was to not post to your topic then this tread would have been long forgotten.

liven up kid this is in all good fun to pass the work day..........

you do have a job dont you?

So w/ all this complaining about Black I'd say it's not worth checking out? It seems like after that CP appreciation night they reverted back to there old ways when it comes to working the door? Shady business? I heard the same things when it was Exit too. It's like they trick you on purpose so that you could come and meet there numbers quota. Quite frankly NO one is obligated to wait outdoors for hours so if you feel it's NOT worth it just leave.

As Limelight I wish I had experienced that club because I heard it was one of the best clubs in NYC back in the day. Was it as good as the Palladium? Or where they two different crowds? What made Limelight unique? Was it crazier than SF? If someone would like to elaborate a little more please do.

cause this is a discussion......... i am stating my views why do you only want people who feel tha same as you posting only?

if i was to not post to your topic then this tread would have been long forgotten.

liven up kid this is in all good fun to pass the work day..........

you do have a job dont you?

Yup I guess your postings have made this thread so popular, not the 1000 other people who looked at it. Let me be the first to thank you for gracing us with your presence. I dont post on the 'three legged pregnant arabian yac' site because I have no interest. I could care less who posts here, it's a free country, but your saying that you dont go to these clubs becuase you're too cool. So again I know your intelligent because you must be to have a job....anyway....why would you post on a topic you have no interest in. Either your a hippocrate or you have a tiger living with you in your apartment.

Guest distort909

well i read the thread casue you stated that black was minor .........

you posted a negative review........ I just was reading it & i answered............

you like that crownd & what they do & what the people who work for that place & party put you threw then so be it........

but yeah i think i am to cool to listen to a dj treat his crowd like jerks....... i was really offended when he played the same record for 45 min........... no please let me restate that A CD ON A FUCKING LOOP! but hey to each his own........ i guess im not cool cause i am not able to get the meaning behind this.

Guest distort909

oh & by the way it isnt the amount of people who read a thread for it to stay on top its the amount of people who write on it..............

As much as I want to get out of this scene because I dont like that everybody seems to have a juge attititude I cant deny I llove the music. I went to Factory a few times in the like 98 and 99 and loved it. The women wre gorgeous and the music was unreal. The past few times Ive gone I havent been impressed at all. The music has been blah and the crowd seems to have changed a little. I love hard house but I know what you're talking about with Shelter. The music was prtty good but I liked the energy at Shelter a lot. People were smiling while they were dancing and it was just a real positive atmosphere. Nobody was trying to be anybody. By the way I dont do drugs or even drink I just go for the music first and the energy second. I keep reading about Roxy on Friday and wished that I was there.