Clubplanet Nightlife Community

J. Vicious @ Avalon Review

whoever was the opening DJ, i didnt like his set. When J. Vicious came on, thats when the party started jumping! met some friends. saw some old friends.. - J. Vicious's set was nice. nice hard tracks. vibe was Ok, got a little negative toward the end..

Originally posted by aznxtc

whoever was the opening DJ, i didnt like his set. When J. Vicious came on, thats when the party started jumping! met some friends. saw some old friends.. - J. Vicious's set was nice. nice hard tracks. vibe was Ok, got a little negative toward the end..

SICK REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by aznxtc

Word, omg he was boring the shit outta me! Thank god i didn't miss As The Rush Comes, by the way thx for the call :kiss2:

Johnny Vicious looks like a pig. Ron Jeremy looks cleaner than this guy. Second....he shouldn't be allowed to DJ anymore. HE SUCKS! His set at avalon SUCKED! The whole vibe for the night sucked. Motorcycle or Jess, because she was the only one there, can't sing for shit. My dog sings better than her. Whoever thinks that Johnny Vicious spun a good set should be shot because I dont think they know what real trance is. Wasn't feeling his shit at all last night.

PLEASE PEOPLE, IF YOUR GONNA GO OUT TO A CLUB, PLEASE FKN PUT ON SOME DEODARANT! There is seriously a B.O. problem with this place. You would think dudes would want to smell decent to pick up chicks n shit.....Fk it, more girls for me

johnny was once so high on my list of people involve in house music. BUT since 98,99 its all been about money and hard chesse(techno,trance)(who remembers johhny when he played house) from him productions and djing wise. Then again im sure he has his audience so its all good.

Guest distort909

Johnny Vicious was once one of my fav producers......... I loved the stuf he did for nervous & groovalicious.........

now i believe he is Johnny Not So Vicious. But he is still a great guy musicly i just dont know what happened? It really is a shame...........

my fave are his remixes of thats the way love is....... FUCKIN ON FIRE

& Brain Bug

vicious was originally my favorite DJ who got me started on house music...i remember listening and taping him on the KTU sancutuary on Saturdays.. initially when most people i know got into it, it was the local talents that we started listening to and then expanded onto international talent...stuff i call cheese now was the shit i loved back then but i guess u have to start somewhere ya know...back in 98, 99 i would look for clubs where he spun just like i look for DJs like Steve Lawler, Danny Howells and Darren Emerson now or days...but JV is garbage once u expand ur horizons

Thought the opening DJ was good till Motorcycle came out..He couldve done a better job not playing all his best stuff in the beginning and spread it out throut his set. Right before Motorcycle it got really boring....I have a feeling JV was late and the DJ had to resort to ok house towards the end...

About JV, 1st time I saw him spin in 2 yrs....still playing the hard traxx which is fine for me...left early around 4ish so didnt get to hear the rest of his set...

Did he play any uplifting trance? Or was it all hard?

Well.

I wanna thank everyone who came by avalon fri. And that ron jeremy and I go to the same hair stylist.we talk about pussy while we are under the dryer.

I've benn reading a lot of what u guys have been saying in the past year or so, but haven't been posting. I value what most of you have to say. Even the negativity it doesn't bother me as long as it is constuctive. .it shows me how the music sceen has changed from people that were up on the music to people that get stiuck in the past.there are so many styles of dance music and I like a few different styles so you aren't going to hear hard trance from me all night.and if you noticed groovilicious and nervous are out of buisness mainly to the fact that many of you have downloaded and stolen music off the net. Who wants to make music and spend hours in the studio just to have their work ripped off.you probably have a job,but if you worked 40 sometimes 80 hours a week and didn't get paid what would you do.you would starve be homeless mabe "go out of buisness". Have you noticed that there aren't as many good tracks coming out lately. And when they do they become comercial instantly.

what does bother me is that the door to my dj booth is always open and if you have anything to say to me or have any comments to make about me. Grow some balls and stop by, Since you took your valuable time to get dressed stand in line pay money and to see me. I feel that you also have the right to say what you have to say in person that same night and not hide behind a name on a message board. Put a face to the name have an identity and let people know who you are and that what you have to say is going to be informative. not only that but you can make a change. you should become a dj / producer.

The music has changed. The hard sound peaked in 2002 and then turned into cheezy crap. I'llbe the first to agree. You don't hear me playing hard trance very often cause there no good music out there.

johnny vicious back in 94,95 96 was a house head and still is. But I also change with the times cause I liked what I heard. You should understand change,it is a good thing to learn and if I have to get bashed because I am going to change my style to advance and leave all of you behind I will,I have been doing it for the past 10 years and it works. I played extacy for people when I first did it and many house heads hated it. That was a change for me and I feel it was a good change. You want to stay in the past. That's fine with me I would never tell any one what to do or think but this is me and I am who I am and this is my music you don't like it don't listen. just like howard stern you don't like it change the station baby.

Thanks

vish

Originally posted by vicious

Well.

I wanna thank everyone who came by avalon fri. And that ron jeremy and I go to the same hair stylist.we talk about pussy while we are under the dryer.

I've benn reading a lot of what u guys have been saying in the past year or so, but haven't been posting. I value what most of you have to say. Even the negativity it doesn't bother me as long as it is constuctive. .it shows me how the music sceen has changed from people that were up on the music to people that get stiuck in the past.there are so many styles of dance music and I like a few different styles so you aren't going to hear hard trance from me all night.and if you noticed groovilicious and nervous are out of buisness mainly to the fact that many of you have downloaded and stolen music off the net. Who wants to make music and spend hours in the studio just to have their work ripped off.you probably have a job,but if you worked 40 sometimes 80 hours a week and didn't get paid what would you do.you would starve be homeless mabe "go out of buisness". Have you noticed that there aren't as many good tracks coming out lately. And when they do they become comercial instantly.

what does bother me is that the door to my dj booth is always open and if you have anything to say to me or have any comments to make about me. Grow some balls and stop by, Since you took your valuable time to get dressed stand in line pay money and to see me. I feel that you also have the right to say what you have to say in person that same night and not hide behind a name on a message board. Put a face to the name have an identity and let people know who you are and that what you have to say is going to be informative. not only that but you can make a change. you should become a dj / producer.

The music has changed. The hard sound peaked in 2002 and then turned into cheezy crap. I'llbe the first to agree. You don't hear me playing hard trance very often cause there no good music out there.

johnny vicious back in 94,95 96 was a house head and still is. But I also change with the times cause I liked what I heard. You should understand change,it is a good thing to learn and if I have to get bashed because I am going to change my style to advance and leave all of you behind I will,I have been doing it for the past 10 years and it works. I played extacy for people when I first did it and many house heads hated it. That was a change for me and I feel it was a good change. You want to stay in the past. That's fine with me I would never tell any one what to do or think but this is me and I am who I am and this is my music you don't like it don't listen. just like howard stern you don't like it change the station baby.

Thanks

vish

true to the point Vicious. stating what needs to be said and all. i like.

Well I can honestly say the last time I saw Johnny was at NATION on Long Island, Johnny did afterhours, and he pretty much killed it. Now of course you are all going to say it's Long Island and it's all about the cheese house, but he tore it up. Everyone goes out these days expecting the scene to be what it was in 96,97,98, and even 99.. Wake up people, it's 2004....... It's a totally different scene today than it was 6-7 years ago, and the scene is going through changes right now, everyone needs to get out of the mindset that the scene is going to be like it was back in the day.... Ill tell you now, not going to happen, well right now anyway......

So everyone get out of your time-warp.... and move on.........

Good to hear from you JV. Unfortunately, people have a tendency to have tunnel vision and have to hate on all music that isnt "tribal or deep house." IMO, the music that you played was fine maybe cuz I prefer the harder trance stuff.

Keep doin what U do...I doubt most of the people who hated on this board can even put a DJ set together and rock parties like you have for the past 10 yrs.

On a lighter note, is your website up? If so, whats the web address? Also, nice mix of Goodmen's "Give It Up"

Guest distort909

the last time i saw vish play was last year at roxy............

I just grew out of that overdose / NRG sound............ i also got the feeing he was not djing to the crowd. but then again maybe he was cause i usually dont go to those types of events anymore Cause it just isnt my thing.

Then again i was never really a fan of him djing......... i knew him as a producer first............ For my ears im sorry i just cant do it............. it has nothign to do with the past or holding on to it its just about a change is sounds that one likes.........

I love it all but prefer certain things when i go out to dance. Hard trance isnt one of them anymore............

i guess im getting old......... not true casue if robert natus came to NYC Id be banging my head into a brick wall..........

I still love techno also...........

different sounds for different people

Originally posted by vicious

Well.

Thanks

vish

:clap:

no disrespect, as i'm trying to be constructive. vicious had once ranked very high on my list of top DJs (within the top 5 back in '97-'99). i don't doubt his sound/taste has evolved, as it's clear this man has been an integral part of the NYC club/EDM scene for quite sometime (the grand reopening night of the Tunnel back in August 2000 with him spinning is marked as one of my favorite parties, hands down).

however, i don't think it's that people are having "tunnel vision" (no pun intended), but you cannot argue that he's banged out some killer, classic, memorable, ridiculously jawdropping remixes and tracks that we've all grown to love.

Moments in Love (my personal favorite)

Ecstasy (Take Your Shirts Off)

It Began In Africa

That's The Way Love Is

Brainbug

Rain

his fans are not asking for these exact same replicas. but we all know he's more than capable of producing more clubhits like the ones above.... it's just been awhile since he's dropped a dope track on us. imo. evolve all he wants, as the fans will follow as long as there's reason for us to.

FYI, not to seem anal, but I have to be

"It began in Africa" if I'm correct is

"Africa" by Plasmic Honey

And in regards to producing great tracks, what about his recents such as

his remix of Goodmen's "Give It Up" and Iio's "At The End"

Those two tracks show his versatility in creating all types of dance music from house to trance.

Not arguing with you, just letting you know.

im so glad johnny replied to this. he didnt hold back either. he said what was on his mind. i cant believe the negativity thats pouring all over this thread. and these ppl are saying the scene isnt the same anymore..blah blah blah. yea its not the same cuz everyone hates on the dj more than just goin out and enjoying the music. everyone's got different musical taste. and producers bang out tracks constantly. and u cant deny their talent to create a song. if music sucks so much right now then why dont all the haters try producin tracks themselves and come out with what they think is great music.

im still a huge fan of johnny's, as i have been for yrs. im still young, and Ecstasy was the track that made me fall in love with this music. that track was my stepping stone. to this day its still one of my favorite tracks, and i try to drop it whenever i feel i can fit it in. or at least play the accapella over a beat. Johnny's style is changing, and moving away from the hard trance style. the last few times i saw him at roxy he played alot of house in the beginning before moving into the older classic trance to close out the nite. his productions as of late have been house/tribal. his latest "Get Up Get Down" is a great house track.

and johnny has always been kind and friendly. ive talked to him plenty of times, hung out in the booth with him, the guy even remembered me and wished me a happy birthday on my 20th a few years back. im not tryin to say im his best friend or anything. im just a fan that he's always been open to and cool with. he doesnt try to act like he's above anyone, like so many other dj's do. he's a class act guy. the senseless insults thrown out in this thread are ridiculous and just pointless. wut if i called ur beloved DT (who im also a fan of btw) a fuckin fag? doesnt that just seem stupid and childish?

im lookin forward to this upcoming sunday morning to see johnny spin with JP. im not expecting any trance, this is gonna be a nite full of house and tribal, which i know vicious whill throw down. and he's a master with the effects box just like JP so its gonna be off the hook hopefully.

Guest distort909

i dont think any one in this thread said anything bad about his persona..........

maybe childish stupidity about his apreance which is nonsence cause i can say a major part of this board are all a/x clones. Does it really matter what one lookes like?

Its just different beats for different folks people grow into one thing & out of another..........

I think John is one of the nicest poeple one could ever hope to meet....... but does that mean i have to think he is a great dj...........

one person can say that the best dj in the world can suck......... to them it hold true cause its a persons opinion but to countless many others it can be false.

I hope i offended no one.

Originally posted by joctane

FYI, not to seem anal, but I have to be

"It began in Africa" if I'm correct is

"Africa" by Plasmic Honey

And in regards to producing great tracks, what about his recents such as

his remix of Goodmen's "Give It Up" and Iio's "At The End"

Those two tracks show his versatility in creating all types of dance music from house to trance.

Not arguing with you, just letting you know.

you're completely right - my bad about africa. you know, that type of music... same difference. ;)

i don't doubt that vicious is still banging it out, i suppose we've all set the bar up high for him with his previous tracks...

great reply vish! everyone now-adays are either Dj's..... producers...or think they are! i had many great times hearing u rip shit up! if u don't change with the different styles of music u will get lost fast in the Dj and nightclub industry