Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Lookking for small record label and club for TV show...

DaVe

Hey everyone,

We got a call from the Fine Living Channel who is doing a story on South Beach nightlife and an independent record label. They are looking for a small record label and a hot nightclub to shoot at for 4 days in Miami (May 17-21). The Fine Living Channel reaches 20 million viewers and could really provide some great exposure. If you're interested or know someone who might be interested, email me (dave@clubplanet.com) and I'll put you in touch with them.

Thanks.

Guest saleen351

Fine living in south beach, lol..

if fine living is ducking bullets and walking on the other side of the road to avoid the niggas in their Suvs with their duce duces or rocking the BMW quarter to sixes with dubsss or the old BMW 3 and some change with some tinted out windows and a god aweful music blarring out of it, while they hang out the windows and yell, "hey baby"

Originally posted by saleen351

Fine living in south beach, lol..

if fine living is ducking bullets and walking on the other side of the road to avoid the niggas in their Suvs with their duce duces or rocking the BMW quarter to sixes with dubsss or the old BMW 3 and some change with some tinted out windows and a god aweful music blarring out of it, while they hang out the windows and yell, "hey baby"

did anyone else NOT understand this?

Originally posted by erickamikaze

Let me get this straight, they want to shoot March 17- 21, and it is now April 29th :confused:

Do they have a time machine along with TV cameras? and if they are wanting to shoot in March 2005, the club they pick now might not even be in business then?:eek: :eek:

Make that MAY 17-21

Originally posted by norahmiami

so the Fine LIVING channel which is basically like the Food Network and is all about swanky places.....intend to do a documentary about clubbing.......something isnt right here :confused:

I think they're actually looking at higher-end places... Something to do with their dream jobs show (which I've never seen).

I get the gist of it. Saleen says South Beach is ghetto.

But seriously...Fine Living wants to do a nightlife story on South Beach?

Let me guess: Pearl, BED, and Stikki Beach. They'll ignore anything decent.

Frankly, I think the local media outlets have a better handle on things. I would let them shoot the footage, and buy it off of them later.

(ok david and buster, you owe me drinks hehe)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by digital7

did anyone else NOT understand this?

dude,

Suv = Escalade with 22's

Quarter to 6's = BMW 545

3 and Some change is a BMW 330

3 and a quarter is a 325 BMW

get with it man!!

Originally posted by norahmiami

so the Fine LIVING channel which is basically like the Food Network and is all about swanky places.....intend to do a documentary about clubbing.......something isnt right here :confused:

it's not that wierd, think E! Wild On Miami ...

but yes, they do seem to go to the same places every time, but maybe if you guys could tell them about something different and better, then they'd have more options.

:) :) :)

Originally posted by blondboheme

it's not that wierd, think E! Wild On Miami ...

but yes, they do seem to go to the same places every time, but maybe if you guys could tell them about something different and better, then they'd have more options.

:) :) :)

It's not that they go to the same places... they like to film locations that attract "beautiful people" cause they have to maintain SoBe's image. And so they head for the clubs that attract the "high rollers" which in turn is where all the most gorgeous girls hang out, supposedly. Places like Prive, Joia, Pearl, Opium Garden, etc...

Personally, I liked Pod's suggestion of allowing local media to film at their discretion and then buying the fottage from them. That's if they want to showcase quality music and not only "fine living."

:D:hat:

Guest brwneydtrouble

dude,

Suv = Escalade with 22's

Quarter to 6's = BMW 545

3 and Some change is a BMW 330

3 and a quarter is a 325 BMW

get with it man!!

Is it me or does saleen seem to know WAY too much ebonics for a self proclaimed racist?

Originally posted by philippio

It's not that they go to the same places... they like to film locations that attract "beautiful people" cause they have to maintain SoBe's image. And so they head for the clubs that attract the "high rollers" which in turn is where all the most gorgeous girls hang out, supposedly. Places like Prive, Joia, Pearl, Opium Garden, etc...

Personally, I liked Pod's suggestion of allowing local media to film at their discretion and then buying the fottage from them. That's if they want to showcase quality music and not only "fine living."

:D:hat:

i've seen nikki beach on tv soooooo many times....

i really don't think they care about quality music, they want quality visuals, namely beautiful women. keep in mind most people in the country don't know shit about west coast house or anything else, they just want to see people living out a wild fantasy lifestyle. and that they shall find. :) :) :)

Originally posted by blondboheme

i've seen nikki beach on tv soooooo many times....

i really don't think they care about quality music, they want quality visuals, namely beautiful women. keep in mind most people in the country don't know shit about west coast house or anything else, they just want to see people living out a wild fantasy lifestyle. and that they shall find. :) :) :)

sounds like my life though i dont think its a fantasy. only way it would be is if id have britney in one arm and catherine zeta in the other as i party at space with armin van buuren at the decks

until then ill keep dreaming.............

That's the downside though. Half the rubes that watch this shit wouldn't be able to get into those places. That is what I like about the local shows, they present it in a fun and realistic manner. They go to places you can show up to.

niggas

:eek:

You absolutly disgust me. I hope I never meet you, because when I do I will spit on you...you fuking goomba

:blown:

If my son talked like that I would di$own him out of shame...

sorry for the hijack folks..

Uh, I think you guys totall miss the point. We want more tourist to come and pay the $20 (at least!) cover and purchase the $400 bottles so they can think they are all cool like the locals so that WE can keep getting in free and keep getting our comped drinks. So, yeah, sure they could show the *real* Miami, but how many people would that attract?

Let them shoot their shows at Mynt and Prive and all those other places that anyone from Utah would not be allowed into, and then when the touristos show up on the board with their, "Where do we go?" questions, we guide them to the good place. Remember that these shows are NOT marketed to locals, so the fact that you don't like them is perfectly understandable. It's true of every city, believe me.

Originally posted by pod

I get the gist of it. Saleen says South Beach is ghetto.

But seriously...Fine Living wants to do a nightlife story on South Beach?

Let me guess: Pearl, BED, and Stikki Beach. They'll ignore anything decent.

Frankly, I think the local media outlets have a better handle on things. I would let them shoot the footage, and buy it off of them later.

(ok david and buster, you owe me drinks hehe)

add me to the get a free drink list :D