Clubplanet Nightlife Community

getting new car or your own place??

WOuld you rather get your own place or get a new car?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. WOuld you rather get your own place or get a new car?

• Get an apartment
    • Get a new car

just wondering what everyone's thoughts on the subject are...

im 22, bene out of college for almost a year, have a good stable job.. im getting fed up living at home but im also getting fed up of driving pieces o shit.. a buddy of mine is moving down to the city and wants to get a place and asked me to get an apartment... would you guys get a new car and live at home for a year?? or would you get the fuck out of your house and just keep driving a piece of shit..

im pretty sure im gonna go get my own place but i just wanna see what other people would do/have done

I'd say the apartment. Between the two you'll be spending more time in the apartment than in the car, plus you'll have your own privacy, and more independent lifestyle.. i know all too well as i'm stuck at home myself.. although I want to find an apartment soon too..

Def the apartment.. and if you get one in the city I'll be really jealous!! ;)

Originally posted by karisma

I'd say the apartment. Between the two you'll be spending more time in the apartment than in the car, plus you'll have your own privacy, and more independent lifestyle.. i know all too well as i'm stuck at home myself.. although I want to find an apartment soon too..

Def the apartment.. and if you get one in the city I'll be really jealous!! ;)

Exactly what she said.

i have an apartment and a car in NYC and let me tell you, having a car is a real hassle. I am so sick of moving it around + it gets hit and beat up. I want to get rid of it but it is a lease so I am stuck with the thing. I never really drive anywhere, the train is so much more convenient.

I agree with somebitch. I was pretty much in the same situation recently, wonderin should I buy a car or move out. So I decided to sublet an apartment for a few months till the end of summer to try out the movin out thing and now I live in the east village and it kicks ass. Livin on your own is way better than any car and if you choose to live in the city you won't really need a car. Parking alone would be a bitch. Dude, move out of your house!

danielle you're always invited to my new apartment when i get one.. ;)

also, i thought people should know.. im not looking for apartments in the city.. they are ridiculous there.. after taxes im only taking home a measly 2500 a month... if i gotta pay 1300 for rent... that leaves me only 1200 a month..

cellphone = 80

comp connection = 50 (gotta have access to cp)

food shopping = 200 a month (since momma aint cooking me food nomore)

plus i owe about 200 a month for college loans.. blah!!

going out and havign a life is easily 3-4 hundred a month.. i wont be able to save.. ill just be living and getting by

so basically im stuck getting an aprtment in staten island somewhere.. looking to pay around 12-1300 for a nice 2 bedroom... anyone have any hookups??

Originally posted by djjonstephen

yup

or check the burroughs

im from staten i9sland when i say the city i mean manhattan.. that's what us staten islander's do.. there are decent priced apartments in the city?? im not talking harlem or any of those ghetto areas either.. ?? any help would be fabulous..

Originally posted by oldtimer

danielle you're always invited to my new apartment when i get one.. ;)

also, i thought people should know.. im not looking for apartments in the city.. they are ridiculous there.. after taxes im only taking home a measly 2500 a month... if i gotta pay 1300 for rent... that leaves me only 1200 a month..

cellphone = 80

comp connection = 50 (gotta have access to cp)

food shopping = 200 a month (since momma aint cooking me food nomore)

plus i owe about 200 a month for college loans.. blah!!

going out and havign a life is easily 3-4 hundred a month.. i wont be able to save.. ill just be living and getting by

so basically im stuck getting an aprtment in staten island somewhere.. looking to pay around 12-1300 for a nice 2 bedroom... anyone have any hookups??

Welcome to life in Manhattan ;)

Originally posted by oldtimer

im from staten i9sland when i say the city i mean manhattan.. that's what us staten islander's do.. there are decent priced apartments in the city?? im not talking harlem or any of those ghetto areas either.. ?? any help would be fabulous..

first off, harlem isnt really that "ghetto" anymore

second, you can get a very nice apartment for not much money in Astoria, Woodside, or Sunnyside (all in Queens) and be less than a 20 minute train ride from Midtown.

depending upon where you live on staten island, you could face an hour to two hour commute to midtown (I'm on grymes hill and i take an hour and 40 minutes :()