Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Cardio machine

Eliptical Trainer

It includes your arms and your legs in the cardio giving a full body workout. Not only that, you move the machine vs. the machine moving you (ie. treadmill and stairmaster). Also, it gives you resistance training.

If you are forced to do machine cardio, which in NYC is a necessity, skip the treadmill or stairmaster and hit the Eliptical for the simple reason your upper body is involved with the cardio.

Eliptical Trainer

It includes your arms and your legs in the cardio giving a full body workout. Not only that, you move the machine vs. the machine moving you (ie. treadmill and stairmaster). Also, it gives you resistance training.

If you are forced to do machine cardio, which in NYC is a necessity, skip the treadmill or stairmaster and hit the Eliptical for the simple reason your upper body is involved with the cardio.

yea i was figuring the same thing...

i meant elliptical machine rather than cross trainer...

the machine also hits the abs very well...

It's very simple:

1) Somebody puts food on the table in front of you.

2) You push it away.

Repeat as needed.

Talking about "which machine is best to burn fat" is misleading. There is no such thing as a machine that targets fat. You burn calories when you exercise, and your diet handles the rest. Lifting weights helps you to minimize muscle loss while cutting.

It's very simple:

1) Somebody puts food on the table in front of you.

2) You push it away.

Repeat as needed.

Talking about "which machine is best to burn fat" is misleading. There is no such thing as a machine that targets fat. You burn calories when you exercise, and your diet handles the rest. Lifting weights helps you to minimize muscle loss while cutting.

So your saying annorexia (sp?) is the solution?

Speaking of which, its lunchtime. I think I'll get a burger :rolleyes:

So your saying annorexia (sp?) is the solution?

Speaking of which, its lunchtime. I think I'll get a burger :rolleyes:

You can't lose weight unless you eat below maintenance.

That doesn't mean starving yourself, it just means eating less. Diet should be your first priority, not the elliptical machine.

Feel free to attempt to prove otherwise.

You can't lose weight unless you eat below maintenance.

That doesn't mean starving yourself, it just means eating less. Diet should be your first priority, not the elliptical machine.

Feel free to attempt to prove otherwise.

im not fat..but i dont have a six pack which i need by June 22..

i eat pretty much what i want..i watch te really high sugar stuff though..

would u recommend the weight watchers diet for the next two months? Correct me if im wrong but they base their point system on calories..

i dont believe the hype about the low carb shit

I always disliked the eliptical machine since I thought there was too much inertia involved in the movement and hence not as effective - I never tried the damn thing so I guess I shouldn't knock it. I prefer the bike though as it's softer on the knees as opposed to jogging and your body is concentrated at pushing the resistance 100% of the time. With jogging, inertia is involved a little bit (motion of your body swaying moves you to a small degree).

im not fat..but i dont have a six pack which i need by June 22..

i eat pretty much what i want..i watch te really high sugar stuff though..

would u recommend the weight watchers diet for the next two months? Correct me if im wrong but they base their point system on calories..

i dont believe the hype about the low carb shit

I always had success by actually counting my calories -- just write it down on a piece of paper, or use something more fancy like http://www.fitday.com. Start by aiming for 12x your bodyweight per day in calories. Keep working out the way you are currently. Weight Watchers might work, too, though I never tried them so I can't really comment.

You should be able to lose about 1-2lbs per week this way. If you lose weight too quickly, add more calories. If you don't lose weight, take off calories. But give it time before adjusting -- at least a week.

From now to June 22 is a bit more than 5 weeks... you should be able to lose between 5-10lbs by then by following this advice. You could lose more, but it would be more likely to come back.

Good luck!

I always had success by actually counting my calories -- just write it down on a piece of paper, or use something more fancy like http://www.fitday.com. Start by aiming for 12x your bodyweight per day in calories. Keep working out the way you are currently. Weight Watchers might work, too, though I never tried them so I can't really comment.

You should be able to lose about 1-2lbs per week this way. If you lose weight too quickly, add more calories. If you don't lose weight, take off calories. But give it time before adjusting -- at least a week.

From now to June 22 is a bit more than 5 weeks... you should be able to lose between 5-10lbs by then by following this advice. You could lose more, but it would be more likely to come back.

Good luck!

cool site...thanks

my concern about calories is the accuracy..

how would i know the exact calories of a homemade dish..

also..im really just trying to target the stomach area...with that in mind..would this be the best way or should i opt for the SoBe diet that claims to make you lose belly fat first..

cool site...thanks

also..im really just trying to target the stomach area...with that in mind..would this be the best way or should i opt for the SoBe diet that claims to make you lose belly fat first..

:werd:

tryin to do the same thing...my only visible fat, or lack of definition, is in my stomach. Me wants the Sixa Pack :splat:

but i need to gain weight/muscle as well :rolleyes::hung:

cool site...thanks

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SPOT REDUCTION.

SoBe diet, Atkins, Weight Watchers, sticking a plunger up your ass... none of these things will make you lose weight specifically on your stomach. Short of liposuction, you have to lose weight all over, or not at all.

THEY ARE LIARS AND THEY WANT YOUR MONEY.

For homemade food, you can enter the ingredients in Fitday to find out the calories. Or, you can cook recipes where you know the calories. http://www.allrecipes.com has a lot of recipes with the calories provided for you.

look at all the trouble u have to go through to count calories...fuck that shit already...eat, lift big and be fucking happy :D

It's not that hard. If you eat something out of a box, the calories are right on the back. If you cook for yourself, you just choose recipes where you know the calories. The only tough part is eating out, but I only eat dinner out on weekends, which are cheat days for me anyway.

So it's not hard at all... if you care about being lean, which some people do. If you don't -- more power to you. :)

easy for you to say..

all your lovers hit you from the back so they dont have to see your stomach..

that was just not funny...

Rackham...i hear what ur sayin but its just the point of having to count calories...everytime u go to eat something u have to write down what u ate (calories) and there are times when u just find something small to eat and its easy to forget what the calories were...or i just love when i am in a grocery store and i see ppl staring at the side of the container counting and adding in there heads or they have out calculators and graphing charts to see what they can eat or cant...unless ur a competion bodybuilder i see it as just too much work...

that was just not funny...

Rackham...i hear what ur sayin but its just the point of having to count calories...everytime u go to eat something u have to write down what u ate (calories) and there are times when u just find something small to eat and its easy to forget what the calories were...or i just love when i am in a grocery store and i see ppl staring at the side of the container counting and adding in there heads or they have out calculators and graphing charts to see what they can eat or cant...unless ur a competion bodybuilder i see it as just too much work...

If you want to lose weight, you have to take responsibility for what you eat.

There is no way around that. No magic exercise, no "stomach-trimming" diet... just you, the calories you eat, and the calories you burn. Period.

That applies to everybody, not just bodybuilders.

i use fitday, it's easy and isn't time consuming at all. once you've added in your custom foods the 1st time around just tell it how much you've eaten....takes 2 seconds.

i've been bulking for the last 5-6 weeks or so, averaging 4000 cals/day....i can't imagine eating 12x my weight (185lbs), i get hungry if i don't eat at least 3500.

If you want to lose weight, you have to take responsibility for what you eat.

There is no way around that. No magic exercise, no "stomach-trimming" diet... just you, the calories you eat, and the calories you burn. Period.

That applies to everybody, not just bodybuilders.

u are correct about that...all the more reason why i just eat and lift...i could care less about how many cals i eat or if they are good or not....i would eat mcd's everyday and not care (although i would get the worst acid reflux)....i eat about 4000-5000 cals a day and i lift as heavy as i can...that is all...i dont care if i have a big stomach...

u are correct about that...all the more reason why i just eat and lift...i could care less about how many cals i eat or if they are good or not....i would eat mcd's everyday and not care (although i would get the worst acid reflux)....i eat about 4000-5000 cals a day and i lift as heavy as i can...that is all...i dont care if i have a big stomach...

curious.....what motivates you to lift...that is why do you want all this strength??