oakenfold @ Space next sat?

Bling

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

roland then oakie then murk

omfg there goes seeing frankie knuckles omg :)

cant wait

:nono: Bling...none of those guys should get more respect than Frankie....all you people are an insult to our culture and scene. :cuss::kill9:

Actually, some of us just have varied tastes in music... :D

BULLSHIT!!! This comes down to showing respect for a man that basically started what you now know as club culture and EDM . Frankie is a TRUE legend and deserves a good turnout...usually I don't hate openly on other DJs and this and that...and I really won't do that too much here...but if you are gonna take Jokenfold over Knuckles...you are gonna be on my shit list...Frankie won't be back here for a looong time and if there's a poor showing he'll never come back and the guys from X'ess trying to provide a quality alternative to the $10 watertini super club will most likely pull out of Miami because they are smart enough to know to quit early. You see these DJs that space books almost 3 or 4 times a year and Murk and Roly anytime...Frankie never plays here.

I think people need to really wake up and realize what really makes a thriving scene that is not just about mega clubs successful. Space isn't going anywhere and with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 other clubs all the other little venues are in serious danger of going under whether you realize it or not. its parties like this that people should support instead of doing the usual. Such a lack of communtiy sometimes here and thats whats divides us.

yep oakenfold is the godfather of trance like frankie of deep house :) even though oakey isnt the best anymore the crowd at space should be crazy that nite

Don't ever put those 2 on the same level...Frankie was playing established residencies pumping the newest sounds while oakie was all x'd out being a little brit brat.

Hey Lyrik...read my post above and dont you EVER just on my case again for lack of support or community! I understand your point but save it for someone who ONLY goes to big name DJs or ONLY to superclubs!!!! I am the Queen of club hopping and varied muiscal interests!!! Who was at Blue for the local boyz instead of Ferry? Who went to Halo and didnt want to leave? Who is going to Opium tonight...check yourself. I am open to all musical styles and just because I express interest in going to something that you arent interested in I get a tongue-lashing and am told that I dont support the scene!?!?!?

Hey Lyrik...read my post above and dont you EVER just on my case again for lack of support or community! I understand your point but save it for someone who ONLY goes to big name DJs or ONLY to superclubs!!!! I am the Queen of club hopping and varied muiscal interests!!!

:cuss::cuss::cuss: TO YOU LYRIK!!!!

Hey Lyrik...read my post above and dont you EVER just on my case again for lack of support or community! I understand your point but save it for someone who ONLY goes to big name DJs or ONLY to superclubs!!!! I am the Queen of club hopping and varied muiscal interests!!!

:punch::bootysha: Who said anything about big names. I am saying if people choose to flake out on this event to do the norm than you can basically kiss X'ess good bye because they don't fuck around....like I said over at CJ these guys are capable of bringing miami the most diverse and house talent ranging from the biggest to the newest to the ground breaking and for their first 2 events they went with bigger names to test the waters. They have amazing plans in store for Miami...I just spoke with one of the owners today. Do you know how much it costs to book people like Frankie, Armand, Boy George....have live vocalists like Ce Ce Peniston and Dajae...these guys do it all and do it at smaller venues becuase they have faith in the scene and turnouts...poor showing for Frankie a man that basically pushed this scene to the forefront will be taken as a sign of things to come. people in the house community outside of Florida operate on a respect factor and if that place is only half full because this brit is here it will be sad day.

:nono: Bling...none of those guys should get more respect than Frankie....all you people are an insult to our culture and scene. :cuss::kill9:

:werd: I totally agree with lyrik... Oakenflop or Oakenfuck or whatever you want to call him is old news... Which is why Space is bringing him!!! His commercial saturation is an insult to global club culture. He's gonna play a 2 hour set of all the obvious Perfecto tracks, get paid his $40,000 or whatever and that will be it. Predictable. I'm not sure I'll be going to Frankie Knuckles but it's not cause I'm picking another dj over him. And like Lyrik said, Frankie Knuckles has never screwed up so bad that he deserves to be in the same boat as Oakenfuck. Knuckles is not the godfather of deep house, Bling! He's the godfather of ALL house!!!

poor showing for Frankie a man that basically pushed this scene to the forefront will be taken as a sign of things to come. people in the house community outside of Florida operate on a respect factor and if that place is only half full because this brit is here it will be sad day.

Then all you HOUSEHEADS had better show. Im NOT a househead and I will be there but that doesnt mean Im gonna YELL at other people to make them support...meanie... :boohoo:

Another factor that DIVIDES our scene is the lack of respect of other peoples tastes and interests. Just because someone might come on here and say that they dont like Frankie Knuckles and is going to Oakie...that doesnt give anyone else the right to yell at them or berate them because their tastes dont match yours! We ALL have a scene to support, music we love and clubs that need our attendance...

I wouldn't be in this argument if Oakenfuck had stuck with what he started... acid house. Listen to some of his earlier work... his Oslo GU, or even the MoS Sessions he did and Cream that he did with Nick Warren. If you can honestly listen to the quality of his music back then and still admit that he has improved over the years, then go see him sweat over a 2 hour set at Space.

Like I said, if I'm not celebrating my birthday out of town, I'll be at Nerve on the 22nd!!! You can count on it!!! :D

Mirza told ME the other day, Franki Nunez or whatever his name is was like the father of house (not that i believe that) ... i have no idea who he is, never heard his sets before or whatever ..

on the other hand, ive had enough of oakenfold .. he can be a great fucking celebrity but hey, why keep on bringing the same old talent over and over again ?

go to nerve, have some drinks, say hi to Frankie and lyrik, then head for space and pay attention to lemoch (now, this is a not to be missed appearance) ;)