Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Infected Mushroom @ Avalon review

Awesome night. These guys continued to drop one ill beat after another all night long. They were really good at working the crowd and it was evident by all the energy that was flowing though the place. Definately one of the best performances I've seen in a while. Can't wait to see them again.

Night was just incredible. First off, I have never seen Avalon this packed before. I wasn't at the cox show, but I'm assuming the turnout was similar.

Now it's about time Avalon does something about the heat. 10 minutes after I started dancing I was soaked from head to toe. It was like Africa hot in there. You go to Spirit and it's so cold you have to wear a jacket. Avalon, how bout a happy medium? If I was on anything, I probly would have died from heat stroke.

Infected Mushie rocked it all night long. I was super impressed with these guys. Non stop hard beats straight through their set and excellent connection with the crowd. Even the asian guy who came on afterwards (it wasn't Eddie Lee) was badass also. Definitely the best night (musically) I've had at Avalon so far.

And it was cool to finally meet the Mask (one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time) and some other cp member who's handle I can't remember. I'll be seeing you guys next Sat for Picotto for sure.

Hey all... pretty much what Jaybird said. It was the packiest I've ever seen Avalon (then again, I didn't see Cox either). The crowd was CRAZYYY...it was dense...all you could see were arms in the air when the strobes flashed on them. I kept asking a friend "Hey, you wanna jump in?" We were hoping people would start leaving so we'd have space to move...lol... I tried to escape outside but even the garden was swamped...lol Met some cool people throughout the club though :D

Avalon has to do something about the air conditioning though. It got really really muggy, wet, and sweaty up in there...I woulda danced harder if it weren't so hot. And the best spot to cool off was in the bathroom in front of that vent... And even there was a huge party up in there too...lol...the DJ in there was spinning some awesome tunes and people were just gettin all happy & nuts in front of her. There was actually a great vibe in there too...everyone was enjoying themselves.

Infected Mushroom was insane...really energetic and crazy...it was my first time seeing them and I was glad for the new experience. I don't think I've ever seen a DJ bop his head so hard to the tunes...lol... So that was psy-trance, eh? It was nuts. At times, it sounded like electro tech house to me. Love that stuff. Obviously, the Mushies have a big following.

Mask & Digital & PCR...it was great dancing with y'all...the circle was tons o' fun. And to the "twins" I met at Filter Thursday, nice seeing you enjoying the tunes too. Small world, huh? :D Michelle, nice meeting you and your buddy too.

Yet another great night at Avalon.

I was really suprised with the turned out - didn't think Avalon crowd would be into Infected Mushrooms. Their set was nice and hard but not your typical psytrance. I also really liked the DJ that came on after they were done - who was he??

Anyhow....what time the show ended?....I was done by 5 AM and was just listening to the awesome tunes till we left the place at 6:30 - and it was still crowded. Most of the time there are just 20-somehting people and the place closes at 6AM sharp.

As always, it was great meeting the CP crew.

F...king Hot though

Night was just incredible. First off, I have never seen Avalon this packed before. I wasn't at the cox show, but I'm assuming the turnout was similar.

Now it's about time Avalon does something about the heat. 10 minutes after I started dancing I was soaked from head to toe. It was like Africa hot in there. You go to Spirit and it's so cold you have to wear a jacket. Avalon, how bout a happy medium? If I was on anything, I probly would have died from heat stroke.

Infected Mushie rocked it all night long. I was super impressed with these guys. Non stop hard beats straight through their set and excellent connection with the crowd. Even the asian guy who came on afterwards (it wasn't Eddie Lee) was badass also. Definitely the best night (musically) I've had at Avalon so far.

And it was cool to finally meet the Mask (one of the nicest guys I've met in a long time) and some other cp member who's handle I can't remember. I'll be seeing you guys next Sat for Picotto for sure.

GREAT night .. music was right .. crowd were vibed .. place was electrified .. now .. if they can do something about the air conditioner like jaybird said .. it would be the best place in town ..

thanks Jaybird for your kind words .. i was happy to meet you too .. i am always up for new friends and peace loving people .. and of course music taster and nice dancers like yourself ..

i had my share of dancing only at like 4 pm when we forced our own circle ..and i saw some nice young kids doing nice dancing moves .. reminded me of the good ol' days .. hehe

great night again .. and i love to see those guys again .. they are awesome

and btw .. the asian dude .. jaybird .. is the resident dj .. his name is katz .. as i learned from my friends . and he is badddddddddddddddd .. (as in really good)

peace

the MASK

Hey all... pretty much what Jaybird said. It was the packiest I've ever seen Avalon (then again, I didn't see Cox either). The crowd was CRAZYYY...it was dense...all you could see were arms in the air when the strobes flashed on them. I kept asking a friend "Hey, you wanna jump in?" We were hoping people would start leaving so we'd have space to move...lol... I tried to escape outside but even the garden was swamped...lol Met some cool people throughout the club though :D

Avalon has to do something about the air conditioning though. It got really really muggy, wet, and sweaty up in there...I woulda danced harder if it weren't so hot. And the best spot to cool off was in the bathroom in front of that vent... And even there was a huge party up in there too...lol...the DJ in there was spinning some awesome tunes and people were just gettin all happy & nuts in front of her. There was actually a great vibe in there too...everyone was enjoying themselves.

Infected Mushroom was insane...really energetic and crazy...it was my first time seeing them and I was glad for the new experience. I don't think I've ever seen a DJ bop his head so hard to the tunes...lol... So that was psy-trance, eh? It was nuts. At times, it sounded like electro tech house to me. Love that stuff. Obviously, the Mushies have a big following.

Mask & Digital & PCR...it was great dancing with y'all...the circle was tons o' fun. And to the "twins" I met at Filter Thursday, nice seeing you enjoying the tunes too. Small world, huh? :D Michelle, nice meeting you and your buddy too.

kutekimee .. nice to finally meet you too .. now i know the secret of your popularity .. hehe .. (not telling .. i dont care what you do .. hehe :whip2: )

and the DJ next to the restrooms . her name is Christina .. she is a friend of mine and she is soo cool person .. really really cute attitude (is there such a description . hmmmm) .. and her music can get really nice ..

the crowd was amazing everywhere and of course the DJs were unbelievable ..

it was great .. i am happy to also met PCR (again) (especially when he was sleeping outside .. dude . we were looking for you . me and kimmee .. everywhere . hehe) .. and jaybird .. (really cool dude) .. and another two guys that i did not get their names but hopefully they PM me or something

peace

the MASK

Yet another great night at Avalon.

I was really suprised with the turned out - didn't think Avalon crowd would be into Infected Mushrooms. Their set was nice and hard but not your typical psytrance. I also really liked the DJ that came on after they were done - who was he??

Anyhow....what time the show ended?....I was done by 5 AM and was just listening to the awesome tunes till we left the place at 6:30 - and it was still crowded. Most of the time there are just 20-somehting people and the place closes at 6AM sharp.

As always, it was great meeting the CP crew.

F...king Hot though

PCR ... kid .. u gotta stop what you are on man .. hehe . kiddding .. you were done and sleeping outside when kimmee and me where looking for your ass .. hehe .. your cool kid .. your cool .. just messing with ya ..

ya .. loved the party and the crowd .. and i love your energy ..

keep getting into dancing with this mad energy man .. i see you improve over the years ..

peace

the MASK

Yeah why don't you tell me who we met outside of kimee and our boy pcr cause mad people were saying hello and I was like oh yeah but really I had no clue what they were saying. Then again do I ever have a clue cause my ears are always absorbing that B~A~S~S!!!...

And I gotta say that that was the most hardcore I seen you dance ever Mask even though it sure wasn't your most... Same with Victor though I don't know if he posts here cause he was hardcore... Peace.

Hey guys...my first post so here goes nothing....

I'm Eddie Lee and I'm the resident DJ at Avalon. People get me confused with other (asian) DJs like Kats and Eddie Bang but I assure you we are all different people. I'm there every friday and saturday unless otherwise noted. I want to thank all of you for coming to Avalon as we definitely appreciate all the support!

Regards,

Ed

damn i knew it iknew it

did i miss a great moment ?

Yeah why don't you tell me who we met outside of kimee and our boy pcr cause mad people were saying hello and I was like oh yeah but really I had no clue what they were saying. Then again do I ever have a clue cause my ears are always absorbing that B~A~S~S!!!...

And I gotta say that that was the most hardcore I seen you dance ever Mask even though it sure wasn't your most... Same with Victor though I don't know if he posts here cause he was hardcore... Peace.

digital .. i am assuming you talking to me kid .. so here it goes

ya .. we met .. pcr, kimmee .. freshjive, jaybird .. and two more people .. which i dont know their name .. but they were all v. cool .. :werd:

there was also a guy who told me he knows me from webster hall . i dont know if u were around that time

sooooooooo .. u usually dont hear me talking . whatttttttttt .. i kina know it coz u nod but i think u r not really listening .. hehe ..

hard core .. hmm .. if u say so .. dude .. cant do that much hard core no more .. it is a modified freestyle make-believe it is a hard core .. or something like that ..

dude .. after u left .. bunch of guys wanted the lights and i could not find anyone to defend me .. hehe .. i was like .. digitallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :gang::gang::gang:

peace

the MASK

kutekimee .. nice to finally meet you too .. now i know the secret of your popularity .. hehe .. (not telling .. i dont care what you do .. hehe :whip2: )

and the DJ next to the restrooms . her name is Christina .. she is a friend of mine and she is soo cool person .. really really cute attitude (is there such a description . hmmmm) .. and her music can get really nice ..

it was great .. i am happy to also met PCR (again) (especially when he was sleeping outside .. dude . we were looking for you . me and kimmee .. everywhere . hehe) .. and jaybird .. (really cool dude) .. and another two guys that i did not get their names but hopefully they PM me or something

peace

the MASK

Somebody call my name ?

Dude i miss it dude

d**n somebody had to pay for this

I'm Eddie Lee and I'm the resident DJ at Avalon. People get me confused with other (asian) DJs like Kats and Eddie Bang but I assure you we are all different people. I'm there every friday and saturday unless otherwise noted. I want to thank all of you for coming to Avalon as we definitely appreciate all the support!

Regards,

Ed

Dj Ed .. thanks for posting here man .. u r good .. if u were the one playing last night before and after inected mushrooms then u definetly good ..

not many djs make me wana dance and u seem to be one of them .. for that i thank you

keep up the good word .. and ya .. if u can tell management that their air conditioners need a boost it would be super

thanks

peace

the MASK

Regards,

Ed

Hey Ed,

Welcome to the board... and thanks for spinning the awesome tunes. Before I even knew your name, I was thinking to myself "this guy is spinning some great tracks!" And your tunes last night were makin me move :D You might not remember, but I was standing on the balcony to your right side before Infected Mushrooms came on...you put out this track that just made me jump! Then you were looking over at me & friends to see who the heck these crazy people were dancing around on the balcony already...lol...I probably had a big grin on my face like I usually do when dancing. Anyway, keep up the music...love it.

Kim

Just to clarify, I am the resident and open and close just about every friday and saturday. Last night for Infected Mushroom, I opened the night until 2am before Infected Mushroom. Eddie Bang closed the night. On occassion Kats and Ori will close the night as well.

Hope to see you all for Mauro Picotto and John "00" Flemming.

Ed

peace

the MASK

hmm...what're u talking about? :D

so DJ Christina is her name...I thought so, but wasn't sure. she does have a cute demeanor...it's cool when you see a DJ dancing around to the tunes too. i loved the music she was spinning when it got all crazy in there...the bassline was nice & heavy.

yeah, that was so funny when we were looking all over for PCR and found him zonked out... :laugh::laugh:

Just to clarify, I am the resident and open and close just about every friday and saturday. Last night for Infected Mushroom, I opened the night until 2am before Infected Mushroom. Eddie Bang closed the night. On occassion Kats and Ori will close the night as well.

Hope to see you all for Mauro Picotto and John "00" Flemming.

Ed

Yea, Eddie Bang was a total badass last night. That was the first time I heard him spin.

But Eddie Lee, I have to give you mad props. I've been listening to you drop for months and you never disappoint me. As far as I'm concerned, I've seen you blow away some of the headliners there. And I'm not sure if you read this board frequently, but everyone who has ever posted about that "mystery asian dj" has had something nice to say about you. The cp board supports you and I'm thankful to have you in a place where I consistently get comped.

Although, I have to say I am really getting sick of Avalon. I will pray to God to infect Waxman with a searing case of leprosy and for Crobar to pick up Eddie for Saturday nights. If anyone has any ideas on the "correct" diety to pray to for this happen (Jesus, Buddha, Ganesh, etc...) then please advise.

mask seems to be all over this post lol and yeah thats my main reason for avoiding crobar-david waxman sorry but cmon. Yo dx i see you and mask are using the lights like back in the day at webster havent seen ya with them ina while. Hopefully ya will make it out on fri to spirit on on4th of july for DT VS COX @roxy.