Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Worst Club In Miami!!!

mdamon7278

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Oakenfold, PVD, Armin Van Burren, Edgar V, etc have played at Space in the last year.. yep, it sucks Space has given up on trance. IMO Space should bring more tech dj’s and less trance dj’s… "Mistress Barbara vs. Carl Cox in the mainroom" ah, one can dream. :D

Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Oakenfold, PVD, Armin Van Burren, Edgar V, etc have played at Space in the last year.. yep, it sucks Space has given up on trance. IMO Space should bring more tech dj’s and less trance dj’s… "Mistress Barbara vs. Carl Cox in the mainroom" ah, one can dream. :D

Actually, Space feels it is "too good" for Armin to spin there..... So no, Armin hasn't spun there

Quality Post.....Couldn't agree with you more. :bowdown:

Space tends to book the same DJ's over and over but in my opinion, that is the venue where the electronic music scene can get even more diverse. Could you imagine how many people would catch on to Techno if it were played there? I mean don't feed the people Jeff Mills or anything like that but Mistress, Marco Carola, Carl Cox or Kevin Saunderson would work playing there. People go there because of the venue, the name and reputation of the place is attractive enough. The music is just an add-on...

LOL, ya'll Miamians are so darned spoiled. You don't like the clubs here, go live somewhere else for a bit and then you'll come screaming back. Like Dallas or Cleveland. Now, ya'll know that I'm not the biggest Space fan, but they are still better than 99% of the clubs in the country. And our overall club scene is better than all other cities except probably NYC and LA. I mean, you go to most cities and you'll get one, maybe two clubs total that will play any kind of EDM at all, and those will probably be little, scuzzy holes-in-the-wall.

Not that I'm saying there's not room for improvement, Damon and the other posters have some good points. I just find it amusing how high Floridian standards are compared to other states. I find the same with the weather and a variety of other issues.

Anyway, to answer the question, I've had good and bad experiences at all the clubs I've been to. Space is certainly not my cup o' tea, but I admire their business acumen, so I don't know that I can say they are a "bad" club. I mean, there are lots of clubs that don't play music that I like, but does that make them "bad"? Just because they don't cater to my tastes. Yeah, I honestly can't think of any club that I'd rate as "worst". They all have their good points and their bad points.