Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your favorite Metro Memory..

i got so many that i would never know where to start

Gotta be when we use to all hang out in the booths, bullshitin, doin shots of 151, smokin cigars, and chompin on Altoids

Ant, dont you have a pic of that??

Oh yeah, and the time I was dancin on the bar and fell off and didnt remeber till I saw the pics and said, 'oh so that is how I got those bruises'

10. Justin Higgins goes from average to good dj. I hit the Thurs. party quite often in 2002 b/c of my unemployed stature at the time. Justin improved week in and week out, really putting some great shit together and definitely had some sick ass sets.

9. The ML original Thurs. party in 98/99. My first time at Metro Lounge I couldn’t believe the blatant drug use and great music. There were more women in there than I had ever seen at any bar in my life at that point. Working on wall street at the time, word had spread to many of the New Yorkers I worked with who made the drive quite often. Crazy shit, I believe the DJs were Alex Coviello and perhaps Anthony Devito. Great beginning.

8. Richie Rydell takes over Friday nights 1999. The Friday night party had a sick previous year with Alex but Richie moving from River Street to Metro turned out to be a damn good move. He took the party and ML to NYC level. One of my first 5 posts on this board put over how good the music was Richie's ML debut.

7. ML 2 year anniversary. Andrew Mendez was just incredible at this one. Tons of girls and a long ass line to get in. Lots of energy that night and one of the better parties ever there in terms of crowd and music.

6. New Years Eve 2001. I attended a house party that night and eventually made it to ML at 4 AM. I stayed till 9ish. Along side world class AA member Uncle Buc I had a blast. I believe Mendez did the first half of the night and Richie finished the second half. Great stuff but Richie wasn’t nearly at the level he is now.

5. After Hours Winter 2002-2003. Maybe the most outrageous events ever held in New Jersey. How the fuck it lasted as long as it did was amazing. Going from 2:15 closing time to 6-7AM was insane. Let alone serving all night/morning long. Petey K and Jayson deserve tons of credit for this ballsy ass move…lol Usually the music would stop at 5AM. If the crowd made enough noise they would stay open for another couple of hours for the remaining crowd despite knowing the bar was not making money.

4. DT rips Metro Spring of 99. He played there a couple of times but the first time was great. Maybe the best looking crowd they ever attracted. Music was mellow but really took you on a ride. For some reason I won’t forget the first time I heard the original Soul Shaker….lol Great night (I realize he’s by far the most talented dj to play there so don’t lecture me on him being #4)

3. Shawn Ink’s last Thurs. of the month residency 2002-03. Shawn brought so much music that was never played at ML. His Feb. night had the longest line to ever get into the building (past the dumpster well into the parking lot) Non-stop bombs and maybe the best times I have ever had there. Closest dj to turning the place factory ….IMO….. sick

2 Original Retro Metro- Andrew Mendez- Lets see, this is still the most copied party to date that they have come up with. While there is a retro/classics night ever week now, the original was insane with Mendez. Crowd wise it was nothing special but the music brought me lots of crack flashbacks from my destructive party days.

1. New Years Eve 2003. I stayed from 3 till noon…. Richie was an animal. The place was going nuts and I completely made a spectacle of myself. Too say I over did it would be an understatement. I’m not even going to explain this one, if you were there you'll understand…..

lol, musta been oct/nov 2000... went with my girl and a buncha people from ballys...

me and my chick are in the bathroom stall, and i tried to split a pill with her, but she suggested we try something different this time because they kept splitting wrong. so i gave the pill a "pep talk" and it split all nice and even. :)

then towards the end of the night, we see this hot guy staring at a girl across the room. he starts walking over to her, but right before he gets to her he stops, hesitates, and says something quick to her and walks back. we eventually started talking to him and asked what that was all about. he said he was fucked up, and he thought she was gorgeous, but as he walked over he realized she soooo wasnt. so hen he finally got to her he said "baby, you're looking good from far, but FAR FROM GOOD"

bwahahahhahahahhaa

funny that on one mentioned any of the celeb performers that came through

or even any really OUTRAGEOUS shows that John Traina / Kara / and Tamara put together?

actually those are my fav 3 ppl from the METRO(NOT SO MUCH A LOUNGE BUT LOOKS LIKE ONE) :makeout:

fav night

the music ends and everyone starts to split up away from the middle of the dancefloor, and Mendez is in the booth.

But wait? whats this?

someone is STILL dancing even though theres no music playing?

HAHA

Its that old benny hill looking guy thats there about once a month

come on, you remember him

this guy is in his early 50's

slacks

Tie (loose)

White shirt ( open buttons)

its all good man , do your thing.

Hes jumping up and down while

Mendez grabs the mic and says over the PA

" OMG QUICK!!! SOMEONE GO DANCE WITH BENNY HILL...PLEEEEASE!!!!!!"

as a # of girls run to his side to make the joke more worthy and the moment just right

John Traina grabs the mic

and says over the PA

HEY SHUT UP!!!!! THATS MY FATHER!!

..miss ya kid

Hmmmm, must've been 1997 or 98. Can't remember, there was this chick dancing up on the middle bar (back when they had the bar like in the middle of the dancefloor) with a bunch of her friends. She must've been completely wasted, starts slowly disrobing up there. When she went to undo her bra the bouncers yanked her down and there her out.

Hmmmm, must've been 1997 or 98. Can't remember, there was this chick dancing up on the middle bar (back when they had the bar like in the middle of the dancefloor) with a bunch of her friends. She must've been completely wasted, starts slowly disrobing up there. When she went to undo her bra the bouncers yanked her down and there her out.

that was Bobby Digital Ex GF, she was taking off her purple one piece velvet jumpsuit

yea some guy and his girl were all over eachother ON PILLS I SUPPOSE)

it was a valentines day party in like 99 or 2000

they were getting out of hand so were asked to leave - alsmost laying on the catwalk * New in the middle of the stange on the floor

as they were leaving

HE jumps onto a dance box

and starts yellingsomething - his girl keeps walking out as he undoes his pants and whips out Mr willy

swing here

swing there

and hes gone - with his pants on his legs LOL

Ladies from that night - as a representative of proper men - my greatest appologies :laugh:

too many good times to name...but if i had to name a few....of course my retro metro party's...and my b-day party when John Traina did my favorite song SILENCE and Byron Stingly sang happy b-day to me ;)

thanks Metro Family for the memories

Mendez

yea some guy and his girl were all over eachother ON PILLS I SUPPOSE)

it was a valentines day party in like 99 or 2000

they were getting out of hand so were asked to leave - alsmost laying on the catwalk * New in the middle of the stange on the floor

as they were leaving

HE jumps onto a dance box

and starts yellingsomething - his girl keeps walking out as he undoes his pants and whips out Mr willy

swing here

swing there

and hes gone - with his pants on his legs LOL

Ladies from that night - as a representative of proper men - my greatest appologies :laugh:

um :worry: what in the hell