Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Everyone READ - about Sprit

I have been reading on and off about this venue. We have started this party 3 weeks ago thinking it would be a success. Before starting a lot of people have been complaining that the vibe there was no good. I first thought, WHY? I thought maybe the venue was no good. But for the first time walking in there I was very impressed in how the whole set up was. The first night of the Friday party with Max Graham to be honest the night was not as packed as we expected. To me I guess everyone kept their words in not attending Spirit due to the fact that the vibe is no good for them. Then the following Friday we all did a strong push in promotions with Hernan. Now for those that were there Hernan ripped it. RIPPED IT! More and more people attended. This past Friday with Satoshi was better then the other Fridays, so slowly but surely the Friday party is progressing. The talent that the venue is bring is an A+. The venue will continue to bring in great icon dj's to pleasure everyone. Remember its all about the music. Im asking if anyone cares to attend again let me know. If anyone had problems with anyone there just come to me and I will try my best in accommodating you and guests. I mean come on the talent and venue is good and the crowd is coming in bigger every Friday. Look where PVD is going to be in JUNE - Spirit ! The fact that im doing the door there, this not a promotional thing. Im just excited that all the venues in NYC are bringing in Great Talent that we havent gotten in a while. Its something we all should take advantage of !

Here are the line up for the Friday party @ Spirit

Friday May 28th Peter Baily & Mike Macaluso

Friday June 4th Ivano Bellini

Friday June 11th Roger Sanchez

Friday June 18th Tim Deluxe & Eddie Biaz

Friday June 25th Paul van Dyk

Victor Soto - Red Carpet Promotions

When I first went to check out Sanchez in March wasn't feelin the place. The crowd was wrong the vibe was wrong. Just wasn't into it and it definetly wasn't Twilo. BUT then I went again to see Satoshie definetly better and it even felt more like Twilo at least they had me facing in the right direction plus the sound was way better. The space def has potential what the need is a regular resident and not talking about Boris. Imean someone like Howells he will kill that place you want to talk about the right vibe and the right crowd. Just keep bringing in the talent def going in the right direction for fridays

what i want to know is when is Victor Soto going to be spinning there?

Sup papa,

How are things? Where are you spinning now? Me djing, been there done that. I love it. But the mixing is not up to par. lol..

Victor Soto

i have a gig comming up at Fashion forty (40th street) comming soon

it should be a weekly friday night deal

and acouple random spots that i do time to time like

Vascaya - Pangea - and another

Fahion 40 is a place u can find me there all night running the party and spinning

(even though some ppl think a dj shouldnt do that i dont know why)

and the other spots usualy get me a peak 2 hr spot

so ill hit ya when i got the new schedule worked out

Paul will be there June 25th because ROXY was not available and Made Events is doing a one off. So you can thank Mike Bindra for this special event.

another know it all- yeah sure the roxy turned away pvd- why? is sasha digweed there that night?

what a joke.

dont talk about stuff you are unsure of.

mike is responsible for the event and for more to come .

so what- a good party is a good party- and he throws good parties.

Yes. Eddie BAEZ 18th

? PVD 25th (just tell me know what the usual bs at the door is gonna be please.)

yo mike wussup?! how did it go yesterday?

june 18th you should pregame at my gig then we can all head out to spirit and listen to tim deluxe...never heard him live but hes NASTY!

I have been reading on and off about this venue. We have started this party 3 weeks ago thinking it would be a success. Before starting a lot of people have been complaining that the vibe there was no good. I first thought, WHY? I thought maybe the venue was no good. But for the first time walking in there I was very impressed in how the whole set up was. The first night of the Friday party with Max Graham to be honest the night was not as packed as we expected. To me I guess everyone kept their words in not attending Spirit due to the fact that the vibe is no good for them. Then the following Friday we all did a strong push in promotions with Hernan. Now for those that were there Hernan ripped it. RIPPED IT! More and more people attended. This past Friday with Satoshi was better then the other Fridays, so slowly but surely the Friday party is progressing. The talent that the venue is bring is an A+. The venue will continue to bring in great icon dj's to pleasure everyone. Remember its all about the music. Im asking if anyone cares to attend again let me know. If anyone had problems with anyone there just come to me and I will try my best in accommodating you and guests. I mean come on the talent and venue is good and the crowd is coming in bigger every Friday. Look where PVD is going to be in JUNE - Spirit ! The fact that im doing the door there, this not a promotional thing. Im just excited that all the venues in NYC are bringing in Great Talent that we havent gotten in a while. Its something we all should take advantage of !

Here are the line up for the Friday party @ Spirit

Friday May 28th Peter Baily & Mike Macaluso

Friday June 4th Ivano Bellini

Friday June 11th Roger Sanchez

Friday June 18th Tim Deluxe & Eddie Biaz

Friday June 25th Paul van Dyk

Victor Soto - Red Carpet Promotions

dude . thanks for the information . ok .. here is my take on this

what i heard is that the door policy sucked .. it was not you that they were referring to .. but some other guy ..

and that the dress code policy also sucked .. again . if it is about music and people look nice .. even with jeans, sweat pants .. etc. ... then club should not have a problem with that .. coz then they know people will dance their ass off ..

finally .. i heard that in spirit they separate singles from couples .. again . that sucks .. and even tho i go with girls many times . i sill dont wana be treated special .. it is a free country and everyone should be treated similarly and with no discremenation ..

now .that is what i heard .. and i could be wrong ..

the ONLY time i went to Spirit .. i did not have any problem with the door .. even tho i had a sneaker .. however the crowd was dead .. as in no vibe . no love .. some people were jumping . but no dancers ..

and the acts on the stage .. sucks .. sorry .. it feels like high school kids performing or something .. it kina take from the DJ and the music vibe .. to show some strange dancers (no offense .. i am only talking about the dancing act not the people) dressed up in Native Indian costumes (that was not cool at all by the way) .. pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

other than that .. i heard that the DJs are good .. and the bouncers are friendly ..

peace

the MASK