Clubplanet Nightlife Community

jobs of typical ny clubbers

this is great stuff. actually, i'm surprised by the number of internet people here. i hate to solicit now, but i can't resist --- if any of you are looking for a job or just working for a boss that sucks, drop me a line (satanus@nycmail.com) and we'll see what we can work out. i'm always looking for people that can work hard and play hard (great for the company and for me). this doesn't just includes techies; i need to hire a few personal assistants also (one for myself, another for my director of bizdev, possibly a third), and some operational people. no crap here, this is for real.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rental account executive at a huge lighting company on the Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel......and i bartend too

------------------

The entertainment business is a cruel and shallow money trench - a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and weak men die like dogs.......

lightinggirl@hotmail.com

That is the biggest load of bullshit I've heard in a while.. Almost everyone I know who goes clubbing on a regular basis or who I meet at clubs has a respectable job and most ppl have a college degree. Of course I've met a couple of "full time" drug dealers but still.. Majority works hard during the week and parties hard on weekends. Nothing wrong with that at all!!!

I'm an IT consultant at one of the largest financial companies in the world..

I totally agree with you Imaqtxoxox. I find it phsically impossible to go out partying like I used to. Don't get me wrong, I can still hang with the best of them (on the weekends), but during the week I have to be able to function at work the next morning. I'm a sales rep at Random House Publishing......anybody want free books?????

Originally posted by lightinggirl:

rental account executive at a huge lighting company on the Jersey side of the Lincoln Tunnel......and i bartend too

Hey Lightinggirl,

My boyfriend alos works for a lighting company in Jersey. What company do you work for??

------------------

india222@hotmail.com

Tinkerbell-01.gif

Originally posted by satanus:

hey, what does everyone do for a living? i know some people won't want to give up this info, no big deal, just ignore the post, but i'm curious to see if we fit the stereotype someone in my office laid on me today --- "people who go to clubs are nothing but a bunch of drugged up losers with nothing going on in life". i told her i went to clubs regularly, but she said i was the exception. i'm thinking she's full of it, but i've got no evidence. actually, the people i knew back in boston in the club scene did kind of fit the profile. but you don't have to be a freak to love the scene, right? back me up here guys

I'm a lead developer for a software company and go to clubs pretty much every week-end. Though some of my co-workers do think I'm a freak (in some sense)... I'm about to get turntables in my office wink.gif

------------------

Don't forget to fly...

Contract Analyst/Finance here. Still don't know I want to be when I grow up. Clubbing at least 2 weekends out of the month. But I really love traveling & clubbing in other places. So far Cancun, Cuba, South Beach, Canada, and Ecuador. Next will be Ibiza!!

this past friday at twilo i met a guy who owns a multi-million $ health club... all of my buddies who like to hang out at clubs have respectfull well paid jobs...

i'm almost done with my M.S. in pharmacology and i work in intellectuall property law firm... although i don't club every weekend, but i never miss S&D and Deep Dish

bring your colleague with you to a club to meet us smile.gif....that will change his/her values

------------------

i look and there is nothing!

Know many dudes & dudettes in Wall St.....once clock chimes 5pm TGIF....couldn't recognize them when I see them clubbing...no fake pretentious bullshit...politically corectness....they're most fucking crazy funloving....MOFOS...ever encountered....I know....I'm a member of da club......financial analyst large Wall St. firm...nice to meet ya....here's my card...

------------------

What da.....

Senior Financial Analyst here...working on my MBA in Finance and I own a home. I still manage to go out every weekend and function Monday through Friday. Not too many people at work know about my "other" life. Those that do are always blown away.

I must say though: I HATE when people ask me what I do for a living when I'm out. OK, well maybe once we talk for a while, but I remember more than one occasion when I'd start talking to someone and their 3rd or 4th question would be "So what do you do?"

If I were in a good mood, I'd say "I can't tell you", which is interpreted as a joke. If I'm, well, not in a good mood, I'd say "I *won't* tell you", which is interpreted as being rude, I guess, but that was my intention. Like I've said before, I am an equal opportunity offender.

I'm an IT Recruiter, hopefully the INS will let me in to the country for my noo job by xmas.....I've actually met candidates and clients through clubbing, which can have it's perks! cwm12.gifcwm29.gifcwm30.gif

------------------

hapfac01.gif coming to party with you - when my H1 comes thru!------------------> boa_boy@yahoo.com

nyu- biology major here, with plans to become a marine biology prof. someday. how do i afford to club you ask???? easy, i don't do it every week, dont' do drugs, and i use some of the money i make lifeguarding at chelsea piers.

------------------

and on the 6th night god said "let there be trance, and dancing!" and on the 7th day he rested and it was damn good

Yo boa_boy i see that you are a it recuiter. My best friend rashida went to devry for IT and can't find a job for shit maybe you can help her out. Anyway i'm just a customer service rep for a large mortgage co in NJ. I'm not the typical cs rep this shit is hard and the hours are long. i guess that's why the money is so good.

MissDiva. . . I'm with you on this one all the way. BTW - your book I'm sure is going to be EXCELLENT. . . can't wait to read it.

This lady is one of the people which I particulary can't stand. They say stupid, arrogant garbage like this and THEY are the ones who go through life feeling insecure, & incomplete with their lives. Not to mention that this lady is probably just so old-fashioned that they she only will(did) get married & have a family as long as her parents approve.

I feel I have met some of the MOST intelligent people in the clubs today. I can't even begin to stress the excellent conversations I have had with people on the weekends in the clubs, drugged, drunk, OR straight. Matter of fact. . . last week I met a Thoracic Surgeon Student having a blast @ Limelight last weekend.

As for myself, I work in a professional office - wearing a suite everyday. . . just waiting for the weekend to come. . . so I can Dance, Listen to The Music I Love, and Continue to Meet New People.

PeAcE & LoVe

cwm38.gifcwm38.gif Precious cwm38.gifcwm38.gif

BTW - What makes U the exception? Think about that.

------------------

CoSmic Karma Productions

e-mail: cosmic.karma@lycos.com

"MUSIC. . . MAKES THE PEOPLE. . . COME TOGETHER"

[This message has been edited by Precious (edited 10-31-2000).]

Full-time, Executive Assistant for a large asset management company.

Part-time clubber on the weekends!!

I deserve every minute of partying. I work hard during the week so I can enjoy my weekends. That doesnt make me a bad person does it??

Thanx for all the emails & posts guys....

Im definitely going to start taking submissions via. email to go over. Im planning on having 20 chapters, therefore I'll choose 20 headers to publish. I'm also thinking about putting a "quotes" section where I'll print both introspective/profound and hysterical/amusing quotes I've heard & read over the years.

Submit ANYYTHING you would like, in any form (essay, rambling, poem, short story, whatever) The only requirement is that it's remotely easy to understand smile.gif and club/nightlife related, in some way. Doesn't matter if you're a lounge person, bar person, mega-club person, or whatever, just know what you're talking about and have something poignant to say smile.gif It can be as short or as long as you want.

AND -- it can be anonymous of course. If you're submitting it anonymous just write your gender, age, and location. If using your name, include your phone/address/etc. Also remember this is all confidential of course!

Ok im out happy halloween everyone and I will keep you posted on the status of the book. I'll probably be posting this again & on some other boards as well. I thought of the most AMAZING name IN MY DREAM last night how sick is that LOL

MissDiva19@aol.com

------------------

..."We come to love not by finding a perfect person...but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"...

MissDiva19@aol.com