Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fashion tips

bbbastard

OK, I've decided my clubbing wardrobe needs updating. Any suggestions? I'm a guy in my early 20s 5'10 160 lbs. Anyone know of any good labels or inexpensive places to shop where I can get some nice gear??? I usually frequent blue, crobar, space and the like. Thanks.. BTW where can I get those funky ass club glasses??

myfav place is burdines mens store in dadeland. the clothes i got this weekend which i thought looked great was clairborne :)

glasses i got in dadeland also at sunglass hut (pair of oakleys)

though i know the village of merrick has an oakely store there :) lots of good shit

Guest brwneydtrouble

Glasses at night are out. I'm a fan of simple stuff on men. DJSS always shops at Express and he always looks great. Get comfy shoes, a nice style though, like Diesels or Pumas.

5'10, 160, youre like what a 32 in pants? I was just at Lucky Brand on sunday and picked up a kick ass pair of jeans. Only problem is that they were ridiculously expensive. $92 is just a little much, but I got them anyway. They've got some nice stuff for guys too.

Its all about individuality. Buy stuff you like, not just what is in style.

Fly Boutique on Lincoln Road (right next to Nexxt). Best vintage store I've been to. There are also some good clubbing stores for men in the Dolphin Mall. Little pricey sometimes, though. And SoBe Thrift on Alton often has some great stuff, plus the money goes to a great cause.

Dude...on tha real...

Make up your own style - Go to Sawgrass Mall ( I know it's a bit north but worth it!)

Outlets galore: Levi's, Old Navy, Guess, Polo....

Buy Stuff Magazine, FHM or Maxim and check out their fashions, get creative!

Now mo' fo's.......... I aint gay....dont be getting ideas now!

I just like to dress nice for my wife!!! :bounce:

Glasses at night are out. I'm a fan of simple stuff on men. DJSS always shops at Express and he always looks great. Get comfy shoes, a nice style though, like Diesels or Pumas.

5'10, 160, youre like what a 32 in pants? I was just at Lucky Brand on sunday and picked up a kick ass pair of jeans. Only problem is that they were ridiculously expensive. $92 is just a little much, but I got them anyway. They've got some nice stuff for guys too.

Its all about individuality. Buy stuff you like, not just what is in style.

Express... simple yet stylish... their stuff and Kenneth Cole is kewl too

I have lots of A|X clothing (and my bucket hat, of course) but some of their apparel is pricey. Banana Republic has some reasonable prices on some clubby clothing. I only wear sneakers in clubs so for me it's Diesels (I love my elf-shoes) and Pumas but old school Adidas and New Balance are making a comeback now that the 80's are back in style!!! :D

sneakers, jeans and t-shirts...lots of them...either that or an italian suit + italian ferragamo shoes...no happy medium...scruffy or dressed like a president...that's Funk to you...only time I dress up is for wedding and funerals...you'd be amazed how far my skater-punk style takes me...fuck shirts, what am I...a waiter? I can't dance with shoes...so those are out of the question...I need to be comfortable...that's my ultimate priority...I'm a surfing t-shirt junkie...that's fo' sho'

ooooh...la...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fashion! ;)

Guest brwneydtrouble
sneakers, jeans and t-shirts...lots of them...either that or an italian suit + italian ferragamo shoes...no happy medium...scruffy or dressed like a president...that's Funk to you...only time I dress up is for wedding and funerals...you'd be amazed how far my skater-punk style takes me...fuck shirts, what am I...a waiter? I can't dance with shoes...so those are out of the question...I need to be comfortable...that's my ultimate priority...I'm a surfing t-shirt junkie...that's fo' sho'

ooooh...la...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fa...fashion! ;)

Yes Agador Spartacus.....

fuck.... by these sugestions, you guys must think I dress like a freak.

but anyways.....

1) Never never never look at the label... it looks good or it doesnt. who makes it doesnt make a bit of difference... (but sure you will end up finding stuff you like at some stores more than others)

2) never never never follow bling's fashion advice, unless he sugests a custom saleen t-shirt.

3) if you don't feel confident enough to wear something wild, dont. It will be obvious.

4) you will find the coolest shit at boutiques (lincoln rd and washington are great) not in the malls. (and sawgrass is where you buy socks or last years disney t-shirts)

5) when in doubt, shop with a chick!!!!!!!!! this should be number one actually!

6) if you can't find a cool pair of shoes, dont even bother with the rest of the stuff

7) some people are just made for jeans and t-shirts..... but most would look and feel better if they tried a bit.

8) girls like it if you look like decent, they figure if you put the effort into that, you may put the effort into them... or something freudian.

and besides... feeling good about what you are wearing is fun. :)

yeah, i may need a visit from the fab 5 b/c i'm feeling like a fashion disaster right now. I think I would dig that T-shirt diesel/puma look though. Any good hair salons in the MIA anyone can recommend?

peter of london :)