Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tiesto reviews heres mine pretty funny

Got there at 12:00 with binarycool (leo) and my 2 other friends. They wouldn't let any1 in without tickets until 3:00 am. Got in there place was packed. The asian kid who opened up for tiesto was the complete opposite music of tiesto no trance mostly house like jp house. Tiesto ended up getting on around 1:30 and spun a very short set with most of his music coming off his new album. He maybe spun a 3 hour set tops. As i was waiting to meet tiesto somehow I ended up being the bouncer of the dj booth. I had my NYC loves DJ Tiesto shirt on. Some people from cp recognized me and I tried to get who ever I knew in the dj booth. It was crazy though people were offering me $50 to get in the booth to meet Tiesto, girls were hooking up with each other and doing all kinds of crazy stuff to try to get in. Finally it calmed down and I hung out with Tiesto for about an hour. Asked him a lot of questions, He confirmed there will be no love parade this year and that he really enjoyed the love parade. I would say it wasn't a great set but just a very enjoyable night and whoever I met new it was a pleasure meeting you.

Now most people know I love tiesto, one of his biggest fans on here, but tonight, his set was garbage. pure garbage. Three trainwrecks, of course the music stopped as has been the norm with him, and just zero progression in his set. Very dissapointed. The lights were crap, they didnt even move them at all. I did like 80% of the songs, but there was no flow and didn't leave me satisfied. Highlight though was when the ENTIRE crowd sang along with Love Comes Again. That was pretty cool. And whats up with the end? No encore, no big ending...nothing. Also VERY PISSEDDDDDDDDDD that he didnt play his new remix of Lethal Industry. I was so amped to hear that and all I got was let down. Two of my friends came and popped their Tiesto cherries and they too were dissapointed. The two 6 hour sets i have downloaded from may are 100% better then tonight. His best set I've heard live myself was at Space Miami this past WMC, and tonight was the worst. I gotta get to bed now though.

-Sad Tiesto fan:(

Now most people know I love tiesto, one of his biggest fans on here, but tonight, his set was garbage. pure garbage. Three trainwrecks, of course the music stopped as has been the norm with him, and just zero progression in his set. Very dissapointed. The lights were crap, they didnt even move them at all. I did like 80% of the songs, but there was no flow and didn't leave me satisfied. Highlight though was when the ENTIRE crowd sang along with Love Comes Again. That was pretty cool. And whats up with the end? No encore, no big ending...nothing. Also VERY PISSEDDDDDDDDDD that he didnt play his new remix of Lethal Industry. I was so amped to hear that and all I got was let down. Two of my friends came and popped their Tiesto cherries and they too were dissapointed. The two 6 hour sets i have downloaded from may are 100% better then tonight. His best set I've heard live myself was at Space Miami this past WMC, and tonight was the worst. I gotta get to bed now though.

okay I didn't wanna put it that bad but you were right his set tonight was the worst set I have heard from him.

Um.... Did u people forget that it was 150 degrees in that fucking place. I couldnt fucking breathe in there. The only source of oxygen i had was my botttle of water. I agree with everyone, His set was crap compared to what ive seen. He just didnt seem to be himself. Its like he wasnt enjoying himself with the pumpkin face smile as usual. I mean what the fuck he just ended and bounced. I had no idea till i see people standing around like what hes done?

Bugged out shit

But the best part was that i made it in the club without a ticket. SICK!, Thank you John

i just hope next week at space he delievers more than a 3 hr set :( yeah and regarding tiesto's set at wmc.. best nite of clubbing ever.. my mouth was on the floor btw ton t b and tiesto :)

i am so fucking disappointed. the set wasnt that good, but even if it was how could anyone have fun at that place with the way it was. you couldnt move or breath. did tiesto people even check out the place to see if its suitable for him before they agreed for him to play there WTF??!! this was my first time seeing him i guess ill give him another try wen he comes back but so far i think armin van buuren is 50 times better

he went on at 1:30 and then when i left at 5:30 he was still spinning so i wouldnt say he only spun a 3 hour set bc that was atleast 4 hours right there.. it was my first time seeing tiesto and i have to admit i'm a little disappointed in the man.. i didnt know about 95% of the songs he played but they were so predictable.. you knew when the songs were going to break.. last night kinda reminded me of pvd, the same thumping bassline after the same predictable buildup.. he did throw some really trancey songs in there too which i appreciated.. all of the songs i was hoping to hear he didnt play.. boo!! i was surprised to hear tiesto spin cosmic gate "ultra curve" that was pretty hot and totally unexpected... im glad i only paid 35 instead of something like 50.. i saw some peeps i havent seen in a while which was nice... and joevibe it was nice meeting you man..

ps my only real gripe of the night... did anyone see the kids who were acting like surfers and doing the whole surfing pose in the middle of a circle?? lol... g-a-y

at 4:30 the asian kid was back and djing so I dont get how you saw tiesto at 5:30 unless he came back. Honestly, the crowd didnt bother me. I knew going in that it was be ridiculous. And my friends and I found a spot on the balcony that we pretty much kept all night and often times had a good amount of room. It was hot as hell and I too got short winded a couple times, but I expected that too so it didnt bother me since it was anticipated.

despite the fact that avalon is the worst venue ever for an event of that size, i would say that i still had a pretty good time. the negatives of the night for me were the fact that i couldn't move, obvious, and that it was a billion fucking degrees in there. my salvation was the hip hop room, we chilled in there for the remainder of the night as it was about 15 degrees cooler in there than in the main room. there was a speaker right next to us so we were all set.

and i wouldn't go as far as to say that tiesto's set was crap, it wasn't his best performance that's for sure but the music was still good. i did notice that he played a lot of older stuff, but that was pretty cool just to hear them on a big system. i only heard him trainwreck once, when i was on the main floor, the others i was probably walking around and just didn't notice if there were any, but i def didn't expect that from him. it wasn't even that it was off beat, that shit was way off.

anyone notice that the crowd was A LOT different than the crowd he would pull in at roxy for example. it seemed like a good 60% of the people probably wouldn't even know who tiesto was. there were a ton of people dressed up, which for an event like this is kinda weird to see. i wore a button up just so i didn't have to deal with door gayness, since i saw posts on here like oh there's a dress code for tonight too. it's fucking tiesto, i wanted to wear my track pants and dance my ass off not get decked out like im going to a lounge. anyway i just noticed that im rambling on and on, good night, def would not do it again in a venue as small as avalon.

haha i had a great time !!!!! i thought his set was really pretty good... i liked how he started out with vocal/softer trance and then moved in to the hard stuff. i had a great time, danced my ass off, had some good circles going at the end:)

to quote my sister: "it was like working out in the steam shower at the gym"

yes i was sweating soo muCH! but thats okay i'm a trooper and i don't mind. it made it more fun, being all dirty and sweaty. like pumpin up against to the sweat people next to you. i liked it.

you guys are all focusing so much on the negatives!!! THE VIBE IN THAT PLACE WAS FUCKING CRAZY AS HELL!!!!! everyone was SOOOO Nice jumping up and down SCREAMING and shit. i havent been out and seen an energy like that in forever long!!! I had a great night. and really, i loved his set. just awesome i had so much fun!!!

pssss there was way more room in avalon than there was last year in roxy, so quit complainin!

NEXT YEAR they should rent out exit and through it there. now THAT would be sick. that place is HUUUUGE.

tiesto is the man. either way. and i only heard one trainwreck but i think the smoothest mix ive ever heard... right in the beginning of the set, makes up for it.

AWESOME NIGHT!!!!

last night, way too overcrowded. seriously, the temp must have been like 2354354 degreees. haha my only salvation was the same as ovrdose. haha the lap lounge. other than that, i pretty much enjoyed the night with my friends, but wish Tiesto chose a different venue. not only that, i wouldnt have to wear a button up shirt and i can just go in jeans and a teee and dance my ass off to him!

in terms of his set, i wouldnt say it was garbage, i did hear him trainwrecking once, which was totally unexpected from a guy like him, but i liked his set. maybe next time, different venue, different vibe. overall i had alotta fun. i can still hear the crowd chanting, TIEESTO! TIEESTO! TIEEESTO! hahaha great night.

you guys are all focusing so much on the negatives!!! THE VIBE IN THAT PLACE WAS FUCKING CRAZY AS HELL!!!!! everyone was SOOOO Nice jumping up and down SCREAMING and shit. i havent been out and seen an energy like that in forever long!!! I had a great night. and really, i loved his set. just awesome i had so much fun!!!

pssss there was way more room in avalon than there was last year in roxy, so quit complainin!

NEXT YEAR they should rent out exit and through it there. now THAT would be sick. that place is HUUUUGE.

tiesto is the man. either way. and i only heard one trainwreck but i think the smoothest mix ive ever heard... right in the beginning of the set, makes up for it.

AWESOME NIGHT!!!!

that is true. the love for Tiesto was truly amazing last night. everyone was dancing and throwing their hands in the air, chanting Tiesto, Tiesto, Tiesto. but yea, EXIT would be an ideal venue. wish he'll come back sooon!

Tiesto's set was NOT that great (I've seen him before in Canada and it was NUTS) I'll go with that, but he DID NOT train wreck, I was up on the balcony the whole night watching him, the needle on the middle turntable was all fuckedup and that's why shit was skipping and that's why the music stopped he had nothing to do with it. The second time it skipped it was the same table and he was noticeably pissed about it then some guy came over and fixed it. He's set was kinda short and it was very unlike him to just bounce after his last track it looked like he was in a hurry to run off to do some other shit somewhere else, as for the madness in the club if you went there expecting 70 Degree temperature and spacious conditions your a moron.(it was hot as hell though) Last thing...standing in line it was easy to notice there were people that didn't know SHIT about tiesto :gang: they just came for the hype which is sad, I'll still listen to Tiesto but I doubt I'll go to see him again after this.

:deadfish: what I wanted to do to half the people there!

It was my 3rd time seeing him and you know what....I LIKED HIS SET, THE VIBE, AND I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. Cmon guys what'd you expect a normal, not so crowded nite?! It's Tiesto, the #1 DJ IN THE WORLD! And you know what, who cares if alot of the people didnt know shit about Tiesto. Just as long as I got the enjoy the $30 I paid to see him and dance my ass off. Also, I like Avalon, the fact that I could dance about 15 feet away from him on the balcony is alot better than being a stadium-like place like Exit (or Black whatever it's called these days). About the trainwrecks?! I didnt hear one or maybe I was just trying to have fun and enjoy the nite like any Tiesto fan would do. I can understand where every1 is coming from, but personally, I dont focus too much on the negatives, rather just enjoy myself and hear the music I love.

Though it wouldve been great if I caught one of the 2 vinyls that he threw out in the balcony section I was at. He signed them too. More importantly, I got to spend the nite with my girl and have fun before she heads out of the country. It looks like she'll be seeing him in Berlin in early July...lucky her.

Anyways, so far these are the tracks (not in any particular order) I could remember him spinnin. I'm sure he played some traxx from his 'Just Be' album, but I havent bought the 4 colored vinyls yet...soon...Any1 feel free to add...

William Orbit - Adagio for Strings (Tiesto Mix)

Tiesto feat BT - Love Comes Again (Mark Norman Mix)

Saltwater - Legacy (Alphazone Mix)**my best track of the nite...this had me going**

Mike Robbins - Are you a Freak (Marcel Woods Techtrance Mix)

Slyonpromos hook it up for me last night. I got to hear traffic in the DJ booth as I met Tiesto... SICK!!!! :clap:

NRG WAS GREAT, tiesto did not play off it to well, no progression. Everyone's post are pretty accurate. Set was 2:45 min

Highlights definitely were cutting the entire line that went from 5th Ave to 6th with 6 guys, meeting Tiesto and Singing along w/ 5 thousand others Love comes again.

and joevibe it was nice meeting you man..

it was nice meeting you too...

I can't comment on the set itself..unfortunately I was too busy "working" to really feel it out.. what I can say is this:

It's been a long time since I have felt such a great vibe... Amidst the 120 degree main room.. there was an energy that was soo sweet, it reaffirmed the reason that I do what i do (promote,etc..)

Sweaty bodies pushing through more sweaty bodies.. and it was all smiles. Everyone was just chillin and it put a smile on my face just to be apart of it. I was surprised that the crowd was "older".. I was expecting a lot more of the "younger" crowd.. but it was nice to see the "old time" clubbers come out.. the experienced.. and enjoy themselves the right way with out any problems...

Overall I would say it was a great night, just from the vibe alone.. and for $30... well worth it.

pics are up...

Guest distort909
i am so fucking disappointed. the set wasnt that good, but even if it was how could anyone have fun at that place with the way it was. you couldnt move or breath. did tiesto people even check out the place to see if its suitable for him before they agreed for him to play there WTF??!! this was my first time seeing him i guess ill give him another try wen he comes back but so far i think armin van buuren is 50 times better

when they had the gatecrasher party 4 yrs ago at limelight when tiesto was no one here that party kicked fucking ass cause it had a vibe! there was none last night.......

BUT THANK YOU GOD FOR RICHIE HAWTIN cause he made my night worth suffering threw tiesto last night.