Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha Review @ Crobar

OK, i am prolly in no shape to even consider writing a review of the night, the music, the vibe, etc...but i am bored right now, so f it....

hopefully, you people w/ a LOT more knowledge than me, will provide a better synopsis...

but honestly, even though i was busy "politicking" and bs'ing all night ;) from what i did pay attention to....i think he f'ing ripped it up....his energy was incredible, and he just flat out SPUN HARD.

ok, can anyone else help me out over here......

g'night

Sasha was hard and good, but I thought he repeated too many tracks from his CD...

ANyone else noticed there was no single vinyl involded? He played it all off abletron on his latop.. click, click, mix...

Must be nice to be god, cuz he kept smoking on the stage, while we couldnt...

SASHA is GOD!!!!!

Best night I've had in a long time - only complaint was late night in the main room it was WAYYYYY too hot and I found myself constantly having to go to the bamboo room to breathe.

Spektrum - kinda new..... one of my favorites, I remeber he dropped that last time with Diggers on March 12th. But this night was all in all better in my opinion.

im gonna kill alex for bein the reason that i missed sasha.. i was on the guestlist and everythin.. all we had to do was go.. fuckin a im pissed.. well to everyone who did go i hope they had as good a time as the reviews are so far.. sasha rippin it sounds like i missed a good time.. and spektrum - kinda new............... dammmmmmmmnnn how did i miss it......

Sasha was awesome last night - First hour was mad electro sounding tracks - then a bit trancey - then the heavy prog came in - awesome set - Luke Fair ripped it up as an opener as well.

Songs I knew that Sasha dropped :

The Youngsters - Smile

Spektrum - Kinda New (Tiefschwarz dub)

Electric Tease - Tear It Up (Richard K's Ripped Remix)

Grand Resonant - Central

Viton & Stel - Wooden Swordz (Kosmas Epsilon Remix)

Chris Lake and Rowan Blades - Philth

-Trancer :rolleyes:

I thought Sasha's set was great. I love the look of crobar and the system there is incredible....it's just a shame there's never room to dance there. Somehow even when it's crowded at Roxy you can still find room to dance. But I still had a good night. I thought the crowd was so so. It was somewhat trendy and seemed like there was a lot of people who were just there to be at a club not really for Sasha. But on the other hand there seemed to be a decent amount of people who were really into the music and it was still packed at 5 am well after the bar had closed so I guess the crowd was pretty into him.

Sasha was really good last night, especially towards the end...starting after 3AM.

He started off way too weak and trippy...too ambient for my taste. I just prefer harder, faster psy-trance or techno over progressive but Sasha surely is the best DJ when it comes to prog trance.

Kinda reminded me of the old times at Twilo...actually - Twilo Fridays were the last shows I saw him spin.

So...like I was saying, few hours into the set and he really got the crowd by the balls....great vibe, ppl just going nuts.

Music got harder and faster...you could just see all those hands in the air and everybody jumping and moving as Sasha kept teasing the crowd with his climaxing build ups.

As for the tix; well, there was no problems getting in.

I showed up with Kim around 12. She already purchased tix, I just put my name on a guest list. We were both in at the same time....no line, no waiting and actually guest list was even cheaper than pre-sale tix.

As always it was good to meet our CP friends and dance in our little VIP section we just “reserved†for ourselves.

One note about the club:I would like the bouncers to crack down on all those smokers. people were smoking all over the place - right in front of the bouncers.

I had a good time, I was actually a little bored. The tracks were good, what the fuck was that track he played around 5 when he left the stage for about 10 minutes?- insane track

But on the whole I just didn't feel right, I can't stand to see someone mix off their laptop all night, and w/ people going crazy to stuff that the tracks are doing and he is not. He was mixing for 20seconds tops, at least while I was there.... but I guess in the end dance-ability is the ultimate criteria for judgement.

I was also fucking trashed, coming from Turntables on the Hudson... (now that's a party) so maybe it's just me because I'm the only one so far not preaching Sasha's eminence.

Amazing amazing night....I never knew I could dance to prog all night since I've always thought it was too slow and monotonous. But Sasha started it off slow & ambient and then he dropped some heavy hard beats...wow... And it was my first time seeing Sasha...I'm soooo glad I went! Thanks Jay for convincing me to go!!! :D:bounce:

Yeah, what's the deal with the tickets though...I pre-paid $38 because I was thinkin that the lines were gonna be insane, but PCR got in with no wait for $30!! grrr... k, 8 bucks is 8 bucks, but hey.

The lights and crowd were insane...the floor was packed. We had a great spot on the 2nd floor in that VIP area they opened up...lots of space to dance, chill, and watch Sasha! It was a blast hangin with y'all...rs22b7 and ibrandon too :D Met other cool peeps too...including Norberg and his gang whom I always see out :D

Does anyone know who that guy was that was taking pics or video taping? I don't what he was doing bc his flashlight thing was super bright in my eyes. PCR, we gotta find out who that was...I wanna get a hold of that pic/footage of us gettin down!

I hate to say it, but he really didn't impress me much that night. It's not that he spun crap, it's just that he never pumped out anything bangin. I assumed he was waiting until later on, but he never switched gears and that really pissed me off. I've heard a ton of his sets that were way better and maybe I just psyched myself up too much. I left at 6:30 after an encore that I felt was a little unnecessary. Just spin to the end, god damn it. And if you're going to do an encore, drop something insane at least.

And what's the deal with the excellent and crazy buildups that ended in dead silence? Jesus christ. It was blue balls all night for me with no relief.

But it seems like I'm the only whiner since all my friends had a blast. And you're welcome, Kimmee. Should we hit up Cox and Tenag at Roxy?

Yea, it was a pretty good night. I went with a few friends, who all agreed that Sasha ripped it up! I think I got there when he dropped Blades “Page Lakeâ€

Seemed like he had some problems with the CD players, but he never went to vinyl... Guess he is traveling light these days.

What's with those old visuals (tribal graphics) he has been using since Delta Heavy circa 2002? I am sure they pay him enough to hire a guy to make some new ones.

i'm pretty sure his last record was a danny howells record. not sure of the name.

the night was amazing. sasha rocked it but the light guy in that place sucks. way too many strobes and never set the tone for what i call the "morning music" they need to get the guy from twilo/vinyl. that guy knows his shit.

also that club is really not set up for dancing. the dancefloor is way small for a nyc superclub. the staff couldn't of been any nicer though.

Yes, the staff at Crobar is top notch. Although I didn't like the setup as much as other clubs, the staff more than makes up for it. It keeps the vibe very friendly in there and we all know that vibe is half the battle.

Um, FYI, the guy from Twilo/Vynil is the SAME guy who does the lights at Crobar. None of the moving lights were working so all he had were strobes and some other ones. So don't make such comments till you know who/what u are talking about.

Just gettin to the comp now.

Had an insane weekend which started with this.

SASHA ruled. Wish i could have gone tonight to see him again, but gotta still catch up on sleep. Definitly caught me in a prog vibe for the rest of the weekend. Had a decent amount of tracks he dropped.

As far as the crowd there, i had mixed feelings. There were some cool ppl in there alot of which i knew. But then again there were alot of frekin' GUIDOS that had no idea about the music and were just kinda there taking up space. The one GUIDO actually got in my freinds face and told him to chill out bc he was dancing to hard. FREKIN" RETARDED. who thought it was a good idea to have dicks like that in a club, or at all. PIssed me off.

Anyways hope to see some of you out next weekend.

billy

And what's the deal with the excellent and crazy buildups that ended in dead silence? Jesus christ. It was blue balls all night for me with no relief.

But it seems like I'm the only whiner since all my friends had a blast. And you're welcome, Kimmee. Should we hit up Cox and Tenag at Roxy?

Blue balls? :laugh:

Cox & DT sounds like a possibility! Silverbull might beat me up if we don't go to this :D

SASHA ruled. Wish i could have gone tonight to see him again, but gotta still catch up on sleep. Definitly caught me in a prog vibe for the rest of the weekend. Had a decent amount of tracks he dropped.

As far as the crowd there, i had mixed feelings. There were some cool ppl in there alot of which i knew. But then again there were alot of frekin' GUIDOS that had no idea about the music and were just kinda there taking up space. The one GUIDO actually got in my freinds face and told him to chill out bc he was dancing to hard. FREKIN" RETARDED. who thought it was a good idea to have dicks like that in a club, or at all. PIssed me off.

Anyways hope to see some of you out next weekend.

billy

Hey Billyyyyy...glad you came out! you didn't tell me about the guy that said that to your friend though! dang.... eh, he was just jealous :laugh: was this in the area where we were all hangin?

whoever heard of people yelling at others for dancing too hard? :gang:

Um, FYI, the guy from Twilo/Vynil is the SAME guy who does the lights at Crobar. None of the moving lights were working so all he had were strobes and some other ones. So don't make such comments till you know who/what u are talking about.

uh i know the light guy from twilo and vinyl was the same guy. that's why i said twilo/vinyl.

and how are we supposed to know the lights weren't working properly? then the next questions is why weren't they working?