Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Van Dyk now $44

actually, its prolly a lot easier and cheaper for pvd to play in berlin than it is for him to fly and play all the way here... plus the cost of living is less there as well

so there is no reason for us to feel ripped off or anything else because we arent in Berlin and it costs more than $50 to fly out there and pay for the 10 dollar party.

yeh obviously theres alot more fees involved when somebody is travelling from berlin to nyc so thats the worst comparison ive ever seen. this is also not being sponsored by summerstage at all so its up to made events to provide everything. i really dont know why everyone is bitching - yeh its a little expensive but how often do you goto an event like this? its gonna be a good time we all know that so just work a few extra hours at wherever you work and your fuckin set.

pvd + summer in nyc + outdoors = a good time

^ i like that type o thinking. :)

Just go to the park and stand outside the fence. You will still be able to hear the music and I am sure it will be crowded.

Yes it will deff be sooo crowded. Stand out the fence sounds good, but id really like to be in there with friends as close as i can towards pvd, and close as i can by the speakers to dance.

So hmmm, no tickets, not able to get in?

^ i like that type o thinking. :)

Yes it will deff be sooo crowded. Stand out the fence sounds good, but id really like to be in there with friends as close as i can towards pvd, and close as i can by the speakers to dance.

So hmmm, no tickets, not able to get in?

NOT me, I hate trance but will check it out for free, if it is nice out.

actually, its prolly a lot easier and cheaper for pvd to play in berlin than it is for him to fly and play all the way here... plus the cost of living is less there as well

so there is no reason for us to feel ripped off or anything else because we arent in Berlin and it costs more than $50 to fly out there and pay for the 10 dollar party.

i went last year and had a ball w/ my best friend,i felt i was not ripped off, u will def have a blast too!!!!!!!

my advice

don't go

stay home and complain about the fact that someone in nyc has the nerve to charge people $44 for one ticket,

after that, complain about the fact that the same ticket would cost less in europe

after that, try to collect yourself, go on cp, and bash pvd and his music, the crowd, and anything else you can think of

it will make everything so much better

:aright:

Why do people think the cost is justified? are you kidding me?

$50 for a DJ????

Paul is Def. Not Demanding more money, and the production is not getting any better of his shows, SO WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING??????

hahahah, made events is always THE MOST EXPENSIVE.

They are the new stuck on earth of NYC.

Always the same DJ's for More and More money each year.

So by that logic, it shouldn't matter to you if Bindra decided to jack up the price to $175. After all, you aren't in Berlin and that's still cheaper than flying out to Berlin and paying $10. Right?

It's not even a money issue. Money has never been an issue as far as my partying. But if you don't think $50 is too much for ONE DJ, then you're a fool. Bindra is the winner in all this.

this was voted the best event last year. Period. And I'm coming from Cleveland with about 10 others who did not bat an eye to purchase plane tickets, hotel rooms, and the rest of expenses that goes with traveleing to another city. Glad to spend the money, no matter what anyone on this site says, my crew and a few thousand others are going to have one of the best night's of their lives. And that' fucking it.

my advice

don't go

stay home and complain about the fact that someone in nyc has the nerve to charge people $44 for one ticket,

after that, complain about the fact that the same ticket would cost less in europe

after that, try to collect yourself, go on cp, and bash pvd and his music, the crowd, and anything else you can think of

it will make everything so much better

:aright:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: you're hilarious

People started complaining about SOE, and now they are pretty much gone ( look at one nation )

Just wait, Made Events will be next.

And I love how someone raising an objection is called "complaining or whining".

You people that pay anything are just robots and sheep, without a streak of independence in your whole bodies.

I have to say that you guys are missing a few points here. First it costs money to fly the DJ out, put him up in 4-5 star hotel. Pay all of his/his guests' expenses. Hire staff for the park, (security, guestlist, production, etc). And to top it all off, hire the lazer guys who charge ALOT because you need some heavy duty insurance for this type of event. And also to rent the space (probably). So yeah it costs alot of money, plus they need to make a profit. So please dont complain about the cost. You go to a concert for 100-300 dollars a pop at MSG, for 1 performer. Some people look at the DJ like he is performer. If you dont want to go..DON'T. But dont blame Mike Bindra for this. He has to live too.

I have to say that you guys are missing a few points here. First it costs money to fly the DJ out, put him up in 4-5 star hotel. Pay all of his/his guests' expenses. Hire staff for the park, (security, guestlist, production, etc). And to top it all off, hire the lazer guys who charge ALOT because you need some heavy duty insurance for this type of event. And also to rent the space (probably). So yeah it costs alot of money, plus they need to make a profit. So please dont complain about the cost. You go to a concert for 100-300 dollars a pop at MSG, for 1 performer. Some people look at the DJ like he is performer. If you dont want to go..DON'T. But dont blame Mike Bindra for this. He has to live too.

Bullshit........ 2,000 people at an average of $40 a head (just for the park) = $80,000 + 2,000 people at spirit at an average of $35 = 70,000. THAT IS FUCKING $150,000.

Now, look at it my way. Some 18 yr. old kid, who makes $7.50 an hour ($5 after taxes) would have to work for 18 Hours (almost 2.5 days) Just to be able to afford ENTRY for these events.

And I never see a live act at MSG, nor do most people on here due to the costs. That is why the Live Act board is always dead. I am an EDM fan, and I have been going to parties since 1994-95.

BINDRA has been consistently overcharging for years. PVD plays Many cities throughout the USA for $15-20 entry for a full night. This is a joke.

amin played for 10$ a tix on a wed, john digweed $10 on a thursday all within last year,

granted it would be more expensive on a weekend, but last summer pvd played for 3 fuckin hours

when was the last time he spun for 10$?

o ya, berlin, doesn't do me much good out here

he needs to do something like that for his true fans that can't fly to berlin