Clubplanet Nightlife Community

"jesus h. christ..."

...i forget but it is the current name of a rock band i heard on stern the other day..

they claim its hoobastank but i dont think it is... thats what lead me to research it i was on a myriad of sites but most point to greek answers none say hoobastank...

Think about the H in the IHS logo emblazoned on much Christian paraphernalia. IHS dates from the earliest years of Christianity, being an abbreviation of "Jesus" in classical Greek characters. The Greek pronunciation is "Iesous," with the E sound being represented by the character eta, which looks like an H. When the symbol passed to Christian Romans, for whom an H was an H, the unaccountable character eventually became accepted as Jesus's middle initial.

...it's also possible that IHS was Isous Hristos Sotir which translates into Jesus Christ Our Savior but I can not verify that right now...greek orthodox priests make a sign with their hands that translates into Jesus Christ the Conqueror...but they also have the fish with the letters IXTYS - now that is Isous Xristos Thoes Ymon Sotir which is Jesus Christ, God Our Savior...but that first swipe at it is based on H taking the place of the greek letter X (chi)...

since he was spanish..his middle name was Julio...i mean he had skin of bronze and hair like lambs wool..if that aint a puerto rock..then i duno who is...just the dumb white man kept callin him GIULIO..so he changed it to HULIO for pronounciation purposes

Jesus Hulio Canabal

and he works @ the bodega on parsons and 78th...