Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The first call... How long to wait?

miamimonk

Guest gabo

I never got that waiting thing. If i got a girl digits i would call when i could. maybe I never got that whole waiting game. I just don't get it... does it make you more desireable the longer you wait?

Girls, how long do you think guys should wait before the first call. I usually call on the second night, but wondering if it is to long (or to short?) ?

For the guys, how long do you usually wait?

Meet her on Friday or Saturday, call by Tuesday or Wednesday. Monday if you can. I usually cant cuz im busy and I tell girls that when i meet em.

I generally set up the general scope of the 2nd date in the conversation when I first meet the girl and tell her I'll call her early next week. They know why and when I will be calling. No bs. To the point. I call at night. People work during the day.

There are exceptions when it's sooner ... one of which is if you meet someone and you are worried they got home ok, I'll call her in about 1/2 hour. Ive even had girls do that for me too.

The best though is when things were so hot the first time you met, you had to hang out within 24 hours or youre gonna explode lol. :bounce:

... And do this. If you think this girl might be a good one, save her call back on your cell. Dont delete it. Cuz if you stay together, youll cherish that first voicemail from her. I played my ex her vmail to me recently from 2 years ago, she had no clue I still had it. We fell over laughing. It was classic lol.

... And do this. If you think this girl might be a good one, save her call back on your cell. Dont delete it. Cuz if you stay together, youll cherish that first voicemail from her. I played my ex her vmail to me recently from 2 years ago, she had no clue I still had it. We fell over laughing. It was classic lol.

what company lets u keep 2 year old voicemails?? tmobile deletes mine after 30 days or so :mad:

hey, i know it's bad to break the rules, and it seems like there is an unspoken rule about when to call but i have a suggestion

next time you ask a girl for her number, don't stop there

ask her when it would be ok for you to call her

brilliant! :)

I never got that waiting thing. If i got a girl digits i would call when i could. maybe I never got that whole waiting game. I just don't get it... does it make you more desireable the longer you wait?

Seriously..........I hate that stupid waiting game If you want to call the next day I don't see nothing wrong with that:phone:

what company lets u keep 2 year old voicemails?? tmobile deletes mine after 30 days or so :mad:

figures you'd have t-mobile :rolleyes:

Here's the latest news: T-MOBILE SUCKS!

i have messages from over a year saved on my phone (Verizon, baby :cool:

as far as rules for calling there ARE no rules. You have no choice, it's all up to the girl. I've called the next day, waited 2 days, and both don't matter. It all depends on if the girl wants to talk to you or not :half:

If the girl is 21 and under, you can probably get away with playing games on the telephone (waiting to call to act like you are not that interested or up in shit). The reality of the matter is that if you are interested in the girl, a phone call the following day is appreciated by them... or at least that's my experience. Now I will be a hypocrite and call this girl tonight that I met on Saturday night... hah.

Just don't follow in the foot steps of the guy from Swingers...

Seriously..........I hate that stupid waiting game If you want to call the next day I don't see nothing wrong with that:phone:

yeah, but when the girl seems all shocked and surprised that you called the very next day, THEN what do you do?/?

I think this all boils down to games. If you call the next day and she's embracing, then she's a keeper. Even if you wait 2-3 days and call and she responds, that's good.

But i've had it happen where i do both, and they either just let the answering machine answer, or i leave a mssg and they never call back :rolleyes:

LAlate - thanks for the advice, sounds like you have this down pat. I hate the waiting game too, but most of the time I have to play it, I don't think its approriate to ask a girl when you can call her, your the man, its on your terms. And for me it will always be at night because I work everyday (except during the semester).

I have another question, how long do you guys think you should wait before planning the first date/ hangout?

I like girls to just come over my house the first time instead of an actual date, usually If I am interested in a girl I will have sex the first time which usually seals the deal because they feel much more attached after that (not saying I am awsome at sex, just saying most girls feel more of a connection after sex) Most people only do that when they want a one night stand( not a fan of those), but I see it as I way to make sure I can keep her if I say something stupid or the date isnt going well because I am having a bad day, etc.

... i have a suggestion next time you ask a girl for her number, don't stop there ask her when it would be ok for you to call her

brilliant! :)

:idea: ...by George I think he's got it!

Seriously Monk, if you met a hottie and want to see her again then call....why wait?

yeah, but when the girl seems all shocked and surprised that you called the very next day, THEN what do you do?/?

I think this all boils down to games. If you call the next day and she's embracing, then she's a keeper. Even if you wait 2-3 days and call and she responds, that's good.

But i've had it happen where i do both, and they either just let the answering machine answer, or i leave a mssg and they never call back :rolleyes:

Well for me If I'm into the guy "obvious" (That's why I give him my #) I dont have a problem if he calls me the next day....

YEah guys do that all the time too...They ask for your number and never call ???

Well for me If I'm into the guy "obvious" (That's why I give him my #) I dont have a problem if he calls me the next day....

YEah guys do that all the time too...They ask for your number and never call ???

it´s a trophy

the game is not about sex sweety, when you look closely, it´s about validation.

I think guys that get girls numbers and don't call were either trying to impress their friends by getting the number, just getting it for their on self-esteem, or to shy to call.... never feel bad when a guy doesn't call you, if he didn't think you were attractive he wouldn't have asked for your number in the first place, not saying you do feel bad, but some girls do.I call every girl's number I get, I see everyone as an opportunity for something new in my life, don't see why anyone would ever waste that, although I can admit I am a little shy with extreme hotties sometimes.

I have another question, how long do you guys think you should wait before planning the first date/ hangout?

I like girls to just come over my house the first time instead of an actual date, usually If I am interested in a girl I will have sex the first time which usually seals the deal because they feel much more attached after that (not saying I am awsome at sex, just saying most girls feel more of a connection after sex) Most people only do that when they want a one night stand( not a fan of those), but I see it as I way to make sure I can keep her if I say something stupid or the date isnt going well because I am having a bad day, etc.

Ohhh so u like girls to go over your house on a first date?? and have sex with them? hahah :hat: "which guy doesn't" ??! :laugh:

well sweetie depends of what kind of girls you usually meet :aaah: but

anyway if you are looking for more than a night stand make sure to take her to a nice restaurant....or a lounge and go out with her a couple of times.

LAlate - thanks for the advice, sounds like you have this down pat. I hate the waiting game too, but most of the time I have to play it, I don't think its approriate to ask a girl when you can call her, your the man, its on your terms. And for me it will always be at night because I work everyday (except during the semester).

Dude u see like you got it down pat very well to. The over to the house thang is A+ ... Only way to do it.

But I cant pull off staying in all night. People that hang with me and myself included luv to get out and socialize and dance, at least for a little bit. So inevitably I'll get around 12 from a girl - so what is going on tonight? And then we move. (Dude, do u get them to stay in all night? Let me here the technique - would luv to "borrow" that technique lol).

When to first go out with her? Within 7 days. Dont wait long. Only excuse - if she cant make it. And #1 error guys make, including me back ages ago, was to give up if a girl is not available this week but in two week or three weeks. People get busy and if she says "I wanta hang but I'm busy this week" she generally means just that.

There is one of three logical reasons for that:

1. A guy might have gone out that weekend and picked up several numbers. As a result, it's luck of the draw so he's obviously not going to call back all 3-4 girls right away (unless he is a player of course). I prefer to focus on one girl and try to avoid dating multiple girls at the same time. He's gonna start with the one he was most attracted to. If he's gone out with her or another girl for a couple weeks, he may feel stupid calling you after two weeks or more, hence no phone call.

* Disclaimer: I am not internet casanova, but I've seen your pic and you would not be at the bottom of my callback list. :)

2. Might be seeing someone else at the time (not serious), but serious enough that he might want to see where things are headed and that number he picked up over the weekend is "insurance."

3. He lost your number.

I think guys that get girls numbers and don't call were either trying to impress their friends by getting the number, just getting it for their on self-esteem, or to shy to call.... never feel bad when a guy doesn't call you, if he didn't think you were attractive he wouldn't have asked for your number in the first place, not saying you do feel bad, but some girls do.I call every girl's number I get, I see everyone as an opportunity for something new in my life, don't see why anyone would ever waste that, although I can admit I am a little shy with extreme hotties sometimes.

Why should I feel bad for guys who dont call >???

Nahhhh they lose it!!! haha

There is one of three logical reasons for that:

1. A guy might have gone out that weekend and picked up several numbers. As a result, it's luck of the draw so he's obviously not going to call back all 3-4 girls right away (unless he is a player of course). I prefer to focus on one girl and try to avoid dating multiple girls at the same time. He's gonna start with the one he was most attracted to. If he's gone out with her or another girl for a couple weeks, he may feel stupid calling you after two weeks or more, hence no phone call.

* Disclaimer: I am not internet casanova, but I've seen your pic and you would not be at the bottom of my callback list. :)

2. Might be seeing someone else at the time (not serious), but serious enough that he might want to see where things are headed and that number he picked up over the weekend is "insurance."

3. He lost your number.

heheh thanks.............But I wasnt talking just about me

I know a lot of girls "including my friends" with the same situation :hat:

dude! i do that all the time....i get the number but I dont call, ever! i usually have a bet with my friends how quickly I can get the number, usually 10-20 minutes I get em! but herez a piece of advice, delete the number from your cell phone....oh man I got busted by ma x (one of the many reasons shez an x), If i really like the girl, I'd ask her out rather than get the calling thingy going, I ask up front!

Dude u see like you got it down pat very well to. The over to the house thang is A+ ... Only way to do it.

But I cant pull off staying in all night. People that hang with me and myself included luv to get out and socialize and dance, at least for a little bit. So inevitably I'll get around 12 from a girl - so what is going on tonight? And then we move. (Dude, do u get them to stay in all night? Let me here the technique - would luv to "borrow" that technique lol).

When to first go out with her? Within 7 days. Dont wait long. Only excuse - if she cant make it. And #1 error guys make, including me back ages ago, was to give up if a girl is not available this week but in two week or three weeks. People get busy and if she says "I wanta hang but I'm busy this week" she generally means just that.

You are just like my one of my good friends, he attracts the exact same type of girls, funny thing is he is from LA too. Anyways if you are going to be with the girl more than one night obviously she does not need to go out right then and there, so tell her that you are very tired and you just want to relax and watch a movie with her and that you will go out the next night or another night. Explain that the clubs aren't going anywhere any can be done any night. I think what girls like most about me once they get to know me is that I love to do different things all the time, I am very much a clubber and love to dance, but I also love to stay in and relax with a girl very often so usually they just follow my lead. If you have already had sex with her before, try having sex before you ask her to stay in and add 15-20 min of cunnilingus to it and than tell her you want to stay in for the night, should not be as much of a problem after that if it was before. If you aren't a big cunnilingus fan just make love to her for awhile instead of regular sex, she will feel much more relaxed afterwards and won't be as hyper.