Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: The Crooks at Made Events

That means you weren't a promoter but a ticket scalper. If you sell tickets for below the market value (set by the company who runs the night) you can go to jail. Of course people bought alot from you ........ they cost less.

are you with made? sorry to have offended you in any shape or form. but alls i remember is that it was for less then what made was selling it for, and i was getting the tickets directly from the general manager of the club with authorization of price and rights to use there name in my website.. and i was 19 yo, who really cares what i sell it for so as long as my poeple got in for cheaper then other poeple and being happy, now thats what i call a promoter, dont you?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why people suck made's dick so much.

If made wasn't around do you think PVD, AVB, DH, Dannyt, etc would just STOP playing in NYC.......Of course not.

True but if even if Made didn't do the promotions the prices would still be high. I'm not sure if Made has exclusive contracts with these DJ's or not. Even if they didn't the other promotion company's would have to bid against each other for the right to hold the event. That drives the cost up and you know who that gets passed on to...

Excuse me BUT:

First off, why are you counting other people's money? Second of all, besides all that you mentioned, they have to rent more lights, pay someone to do them, bring in their own security, door, guestlist people, and pay all of Paul's expenses. Not just for him to play. He got a whole group of people who all travel with him. Hotel, air fare and other expenses. Believe me its not cheap. I traveled with a famous DJ before, they dont spend a penny when they play out of town. Besides why dont you rag on your weekly DJ's like JP who charges sometimes 50 dollars at the door, 25-30 at the least. Or Crobar when they bring in Deep Dish or Sasha that was like 35 dollars to get in. And they didnt get any "extra's". So yes it is expensive, but if you dont like it, then dont go, and STOP COUNTING OTHER PEOPLE"S MONEY!

Excuse me BUT:

First off, why are you counting other people's money? Second of all, besides all that you mentioned, they have to rent more lights, pay someone to do them, bring in their own security, door, guestlist people, and pay all of Paul's expenses. Not just for him to play. He got a whole group of people who all travel with him. Hotel, air fare and other expenses. Believe me its not cheap. I traveled with a famous DJ before, they dont spend a penny when they play out of town. Besides why dont you rag on your weekly DJ's like JP who charges sometimes 50 dollars at the door, 25-30 at the least. Or Crobar when they bring in Deep Dish or Sasha that was like 35 dollars to get in. And they didnt get any "extra's". So yes it is expensive, but if you dont like it, then dont go, and STOP COUNTING OTHER PEOPLE"S MONEY!

OR.......we can rag on the promotion company that charges 40 bucks at the door to see a local dj... aka made

gimme the name of a promotions group thats active today and on made's level. seriously who else is gonna bring in some of the talent they do.

and on a side note most big made parties are pretty damn packed so when the crowds start to lighten up then u guys can talk but until then seriously come on now - they seem to be doin pretty well for themselves and most people dont seem to have a problem with it.

I think it is funny that a guy like Dave Matthews, who is a much larger act then PVD, will throw a concernt in Central Park for free meanwhile fans of trance and other EDM get robbed.

dmb also made a shitload off sales of the cd and dvd which covered that concert.

PVD DOES NOT PLAY NYC BECAUSE OF MADE.

If Made never existed PVD would play nyc NO MATTER WHAT. And most likely, for a lot cheaper.

Do us a favor and get a job so you can get off welfare!

If you think that you can do it yourself!

Get a Venue, Sound Tech, Light Tech, Promotional Staff, Hire a security staff, etc etc etc, and then tell me you can do it cheaper!

Hell ill give you Mike Bindra's cell phone number if you can pull that off!

When you (Or anyone for that matter) put the money up for an event like this then you can charge whatever the fuck you want!

You wanna talk about robbery,

30 Dollars to hear Louie DeVito @ Spirit now that is robbery...

#1 - I am management in $250mil company based on 42nd street, i think i can afford tickets, It is the principal of it that pisses me off

#2 - I have mike Bindra's cell, but thanks

#3 - Why can they do these events in other cities with just a good, if not better sound lights, etc for MUCH LESS

This argument will keep going in circles, I just hope they know how a majorty of their patrons feel, and hope they can avoid the path Stuck On Earth went down.

Right..............

I want to know how many sound systems are better than Phazon, and how many light guys are better than Mike D, and how much do they charge, probably the same as the above. you guys are the ones screaming that Twilo was the best, well those are some of the people that MADE it the best, so yes they charge alot of money and yes in some cities its cheaper, but what do YOU have against Mike Bindra? How much does Space in Miami charge during the Music Conference? $50 minimum to get in. They dont have to cover costs for anything, its their club that they run on nightly basis. And for 5 days straight they charge people that. HOw much was it for Tiesto at Avalon? Exactly...... And it was so hot, people were passing out. When he played Roxy for MADE, yes it was crowded and hot, but no one passed out from being too hot and it being too crowded. You are always raggin on him. It's funny when other people bring up examples of other clubs or promoters you ignore those comments and go back to him. What is it with you? Do want to work for MADE but Mike wont hire you? Cause it seems that you are a bit too bitter for just 40 dollars. And FYI how do you know Danny didnt have a piece of the door and set the price himself, this was not only a MADE event, it was also a BE YOURSELF event. So please let it go, and just so you know, you are also advertising Mike's event's even more by posting all these threads in regards to each event and how much it costs. Sweety lighten up and we'll see you at the park for Armin. :)

Excuse me BUT:

they need lights to play out door during the day time in the park?

Ok, I wrote a huge response, but decided to change it.

#1 - I make MORE than enough to get into these events, and I LOVE my JOB!. It is the others that I care about.

#2 - Phazons suck, dont blame the price on a fucking speaker

#3 - I was not a fan of twilo, tunnel was MUCH better IMO, and Peter Gatien did more for his clients in NYC than Bindra ever WILL.

#4 - These DJ's that spin for made are all very nice, and they are all being taken for a RIDE by made.

ok iam in the middle on this argument

made does pull off great events with lighting,lasers, sound and djs

now for 40$ to see dt was out of control

but as for pvd and tiesto its true they are like 20 bucks in other cities

but everyone is blameing made for how high the prices are

but look back when tiesto and pvd first played at exit in 2001 and 2002

tickets were between 35 and like 50 bucks

so maybe ticket sales went up a lil bit but they were always high before made got involved with them

so i dunno hopefully in the future they will lower it for a few nights to give something back to the fans

they need lights to play out door during the day time in the park?

No, but they do have a laser show which costs money, as the people who own the company have to have a very expensive insurance. As the other person mentioned, other clubs charge the same price for big name DJ's and they do not rent out venues as Made does. They have it at their own clubs and dont need to hire all the extra staff. Plus the club makes a killing at the bar. Crobar charged 35 dollars for Deep Dish last time they were there (and the time before). Spirit charged 50 opening night of Jonathan. Why does a Alegria charge 65 dollars in ADVANCE for their events and its also at Crobar. Because of "high production" costs. People dont complain about it. They either pay or they dont. Believe me, FOURONEONE, when it all adds up, Mike Bindra doesnt make that much money. So please STOP COUNTING HIS MONEY.

I really think you want to work for Made. Send me your resume, I will forward it to him.

No, but they do have a laser show which costs money, as the people who own the company have to have a very expensive insurance. As the other person mentioned, other clubs charge the same price for big name DJ's and they do not rent out venues as Made does. They have it at their own clubs and dont need to hire all the extra staff. Plus the club makes a killing at the bar. Crobar charged 35 dollars for Deep Dish last time they were there (and the time before). Spirit charged 50 opening night of Jonathan. Why does a Alegria charge 65 dollars in ADVANCE for their events and its also at Crobar. Because of "high production" costs. People dont complain about it. They either pay or they dont. Believe me, FOURONEONE, when it all adds up, Mike Bindra doesnt make that much money. So please STOP COUNTING HIS MONEY.

I really think you want to work for Made. Send me your resume, I will forward it to him.

damn girl, why all the fuss? a few things. lights lasers etc, are always rented. and just so you know to rid yourself of your ignorance, the high cost for these productions arenet nearly as much as you think. The reason why some events are so expensive is that, THEY can charge that much, because of demand.. that simple. and about complaining, i wasnt complaining if you read this thread carefully, i was stating an experience with made when i was a kid. And as for working for made? haha lol. you shitting me? i did what they did years ago, again when i was a kid, now i live out in vegas working with real estate and bonds. maybe if i was in high school id love to work for made. but it seems like you want to work for em, or do u already

Like I said a thousands times, each time you guys start one of these threads is....you don't pay $2600 a month for a 1BR apartment in any other city in the US. NYC is just different. If you want to pay $20 or less to see PvD, I guess you can move to Kansas.

Like I said a thousands times, each time you guys start one of these threads is....you don't pay $2600 a month for a 1BR apartment in any other city in the US. NYC is just different. If you want to pay $20 or less to see PvD, I guess you can move to Kansas.

i dont think pvd frequents the kansas clubs

i have a friend who lives there though, she said they have a rodeo themed club. thats probably almost as good.

what are we arguing about here fuckin like $10? cmon people

and btw that comment about the phazon wtf how can u not like a phazon, dont tell me you like the avalon sound system better or some shit like that, phazon is by far the best without any doubt. if its loud as fuck and my ears arent ringing the next day or anything like that then im a happy guy.