Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A letter from Exit/Black/IKON about free comps and a bottle of champagne??

I just received a letter from Exit/Black/IKON or whateva they fancy to call themselves now... I think this is all bs as Exit's promotions have always been too good to be true... open bar once and when i tried to get a drink... the bartender said it was a "TYPO"... wtf is that?? then another time, they said it'll be pitch black for a bit and will drop 5000 glowstix from the ceiling... that night all they did was toss no more than 50 glowtix total into the crowd... anyways, check the letter out and let me know if anyone else received it and your 2 cents on it.... here's what the letter states in its exact format including the bolding:

July 7, 2004

Dear Valued Guests:

Edgy. Urban. Elegant. Black, a premier mega-club boasting 3 floors and 6 rooms with variant themes and styles each with its own DJs (including Eddie Baez and various other celebrity DJs) spinning the best of house and hip hop. This venue excites speculation and sophistication for the ultimate night out.

Black is the largest and most sought after nightclub in NYC....and in appreciation of you, this Saturday, July 10th...we are inviting you and 9 friends to be our special guests! Not only will you and your friends receive complimentary admission before 2am, we will also include a bottle of our house champagne! Why? Because we love you!

Hope you can join us...don't pass this up!

See you soon,

Management

(no signature from anyone, suspicious isn't it?)

P.S. Don't forget to bring this letter with you.

Dorrs open at 11pm

Proper ID required

www.exit2nightclub.com

Black , Exit , Ikon whatever you wanna call that sh*thole for a nightclub.......its the most shadyness business I've ever stepped foot in. The management knows everyone from NYC hates it there. They need to give it up already and shut that venue down. Did anyone ever notice Exit was the only club in NY that you get searched AFTER you pay!!!!!!!........hmmmmm......THINK ABOUT IT FOR A MINUTE.

Of course, they make the customer pay their $30 and then they end up getting thrown out for having drugs on them. It never happened to me but if I did I'd be pretty pissed. They're shady and all about getting all the money they can.

FU*K EXIT!!!!!!!!......DONT GO THERE SO THEY GET THE HINT. SHUT IT DOWN ALREADY.

Of course, they make the customer pay their $30 and then they end up getting thrown out for having drugs on them. It never happened to me but if I did I'd be pretty pissed. They're shady and all about getting all the money they can.

FU*K EXIT!!!!!!!!......DONT GO THERE SO THEY GET THE HINT. SHUT IT DOWN ALREADY.

I got the same freakin letter....but didnt go that night. After the mess that the owners have turned that club into and the kind of crowd that goes there ...it would take a big dj....like dj's that avalon books... to get me to go back there.........

and thats sad....because the place is huge and and can be the perfect club if it had the right management.......

remember the old carbon.....those were the good old days :bounce::beer: