Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shaq to play for Miami Heat?

tigerclaw

Theres word going around that Shaq has aproved a deal for a trade to play for the Miami Heat, Though its not finalized yet as the Heat have to ok it first, You can read about it here, If this happens folks, The heat will have a shot at going deep into the playoffs next season. :)

stupid move :mad:

Giving up butler odom and grant is 2 much. To the average joe this seems like a great trade for miami, but shaq is getting old while odom was finally playing great basketball. Butler being a part of the trade is also very dissapointing, but whatever at least the heat will be doin better then my other fav. team, the bulls.

Unfortunately, it wasn't even close to being a good proposal with just Grant and Odom (plus another contract being thrown in). Honestly, I expected it would be Beasley just for salary purposes, but LA would look like fools unless another good young player was thrown in. Now it doesn't look that bad for LA. But if they do this, Miami would need to acquire some more talent, as this would result in the loss of four (with Alston's departure) good players. Also, Detroit showed you don't need to have a King Kong at center to win a championship.

stupid move :mad:

Giving up butler odom and grant is 2 much. To the average joe this seems like a great trade for miami, but shaq is getting old while odom was finally playing great basketball. Butler being a part of the trade is also very dissapointing, but whatever at least the heat will be doin better then my other fav. team, the bulls.

I disagree - Shaq is still the most dominate player in the NBA. He is going to come into the season on a mission because he is pissed. Plus playing in the east will be much easier on him.

Hope we keep Caron though.

Shaq is 32 years old.. how much longer do you guys expect him to play? by the time is contract is up he'd be 34. seriously folks... from the outside looking in this would be a trade that has to happen, but when you think of how old Lamar Odom and Caron Butler are, you might have to reconsider this move because they still have their best years ahead of them.

what would our starting five look like should this go thru? Wade at the 1-guard, Jones at the 2-guard and Shaq at the 5.. wtf ? are we going to play with 3 players the whole year? not to mention the Heat had a disappointing draft - especially in the second round.

all i know...is that i know for fact that lamar odom has some clause in his contract stating he cant be traded until august 11th if their gonna trade him.....so something seems premature here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I won't believe it til I see it. Still, the Heat need more talent. Shaq has missed at least 15 games a year for the past three seasons and Eddie Jones is always injured. The Heat need depth to compete with the likes of Detroit and Indiana.

Speculation, gotta love it! Sports talk radio will be insane this week because of this move (if it happens).....

As for the move, don't like the fact they will give up such great YOUNG talent with many years available in therm...

Maybe the Heat personel know something we don't know....time will only tell....

ORLANDO (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal is heading back to Florida to join the Miami Heat.

"I can confirm that all the parties have agreed to the deal," O'Neal's agent, Perry Rogers, told the Washington Post. "It's all pending [league] approval but I can say everything has been agreed to."

The deal, which includes Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant and a future first-round draft pick going from Miami to Los Angeles, cannot be completed until Wednesday when a two-week leaguewide moratorium on trades and free agent signings expires.

Greeted by reporters as he was leaving a gym near his Orlando mansion, O'Neal said he had not yet met with Heat president Pat Riley and declined to comment on a possible trade.

"I can't say anything about that today," said O'Neal, flashing a big smile.

But the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that O'Neal joined his representatives for a three-hour meeting that included Riley and Heat general manager Randy Pfund.

O'Neal's contract runs for two more seasons with a combined salary of almost $59 million, and he was angered earlier this season when the Lakers refused to offer him an extension.

Rogers said the Heat had not discussed a new contract with O'Neal.

"No extension was agreed upon. That was never a condition for Shaquille," Rogers said. "He wanted to go to an environment that was a team environment. We feel confident that that's what Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison have created as a culture. This is the type of place that Shaquille would love to finish his career."

In Los Angeles, the formal announcement of Rudy Tomjanovich's hiring as the Lakers' new coach was partially overshadowed by the O'Neal trade talk and Kobe Bryant's free agency.

Bryant is free to sign with any NBA team as of July 14, and reports in Los Angeles have said he is giving serious consideration to signing with the Clippers. A trade of O'Neal, combined with coach Phil Jackson's departure, would appear to indicate the Lakers are doing all they can to placate Bryant in the hopes that he'll re-sign.

When O'Neal declared that he wanted out of Los Angeles just days after the Lakers lost the NBA finals to Detroit, he listed Miami as one of his preferred destinations.

Riley and Pfund did not attend the Heat's summer league game in Orlando on Saturday as they had done all week. A Heat spokesman said the team could not comment, because O'Neal was under contract with the Lakers.

Tomjanovich said he spoke with O'Neal, but declined to divulge any details. "I just hope all those things turn out well," he said.

Los Angeles general manager Mitch Kupchak said there was nothing new to report on O'Neal.

"I don't know how this is going to play out, I really don't," he said. "When there is something to report, we'll report it."

Kupchak said that he had not spoken with O'Neal or his representatives, but added: "Shaquille has a unique way of letting me know information I should know."

Last year, O'Neal averaged a career-low 21.5 points with 11.5 rebounds and 2.48 blocks.

O'Neal began his NBA career with Orlando, leading the Magic to the NBA Finals in 1995. He signed with the Lakers as a free agent after the 1995-96 season and won three NBA titles in Los Angeles, though he has maintained a residence in South Florida.

In 12 seasons, he has averaged 27.1 points, 12.1 rebounds and 2.6 blocks.

I like the trade.....but for some reason, the Dallas Cowboys trading Hershell Walker to get a bunch of studs to form a dynasty keeps popping into my head!

they still wont be able to contain the pistons come playoff time next year...