Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This whole Randy Johnson thing looks like garbage

Just the way Randy Johnson is handling this whole matter makes him look like an immature baby when he is a 40 year old professional athlete.

He is stating that he will only accept a trade to the Yankees....which is not the sad part, the sad part is whats involved and Randy Johnson's refusal to cooperate. The Yankees dont have the farm talent to give to the D-Backs and are unwilling to make an equal trade minus cash considerations. Other teams like the Dodgers are willing to cough up enough to make the D-Backs a good offer, but Randy is acting like a self-centered jerk and rejecting it.

This reminds me of how Griffey handled himself a few years back demanding that he be traded to Cincy. Cincy was offering garbage but Griffey kept pouting and stomping on the ground both feet at the same time until the Reds gave the Mariners Mike Cameron and Brett Tomko. That was the start of Griffey's downfall....

It just goes to show how self-centered and pompous our heroes of sports have become thanks to the wonderful "no trade" clause.

Just the way Randy Johnson is handling this whole matter makes him look like an immature baby when he is a 40 year old professional athlete.

He is stating that he will only accept a trade to the Yankees....which is not the sad part, the sad part is whats involved and Randy Johnson's refusal to cooperate. The Yankees dont have the farm talent to give to the D-Backs and are unwilling to make an equal trade minus cash considerations. Other teams like the Dodgers are willing to cough up enough to make the D-Backs a good offer, but Randy is acting like a self-centered jerk and rejecting it.

This reminds me of how Griffey handled himself a few years back demanding that he be traded to Cincy. Cincy was offering garbage but Griffey kept pouting and stomping on the ground both feet at the same time until the Reds gave the Mariners Mike Cameron and Brett Tomko. That was the start of Griffey's downfall....

It just goes to show how self-centered and pompous our heroes of sports have become thanks to the wonderful "no trade" clause.

:werd: and don't the Dodgers lead the NL West????

Supposedly the Angels can satisfy Arizona's demands. I've heard that if push comes to shove he'll go to the Angels because his desire to get out of Arizona is greater than his desire to pitch for the Yankees...

he just wants to go to a team that is a guarantee to be in the play offs. yankees are probably the only one that you can say will be in the play offs at this point. i agree, the D-backs know what they want from this deal, so if I were Randy Johnson, I would be calling up Steinbrenner and telling him to get something decent to trade to the D'backs or be looking to get traded to another contender.

he just wants to go to a team that is a guarantee to be in the play offs. yankees are probably the only one that you can say will be in the play offs at this point. i agree, the D-backs know what they want from this deal, so if I were Randy Johnson, I would be calling up Steinbrenner and telling him to get something decent to trade to the D'backs or be looking to get traded to another contender.

shouldnt a veteren like Randy Johnson LEAD his team to the playoffs?

I didnt realize he considered himself just another role player going along for the ride.

shouldnt a veteren like Randy Johnson LEAD his team to the playoffs?

I didnt realize he considered himself just another role player going along for the ride.

yeah. i agree, it looks like he is just looking for the easiest way out + didn;t he say a few years ago that he would never play for the yankees? kinda lame if you ask me.

fuck, i wish they could deal him to the expos, see how much he would like that. :mad:

Talk about beating a dead horse. But I must say this is kinda funny. A deal hasn't even happened and everyone is already crying and freaking out. Leave it to the media to blow things out of proportion.

well you don;t need a whole lotta runs if the other team doesn't score.

True but sometimes you don't pitch your best and it's nice to have some run support. Trying to pitch knowing your only going to get 2-3 runs is demoralizing. That's why he's wants to leave Arizona in the first place...

So the media said he only wanted to go to one team. Were they wrong? How is the media blowing the number 1 lefty, hall of fame, pitcher only wanting to go to a version of an all-star team that i make when i play mlb 2004, out of proportion?

I understand why he wants to leave...look at this..

The other night, he went 8 innings, threw 14Ks and let up 1 ER. He lost. Do you know how frustrating it must be for a pitcher like him to lose games like that. It's alot of talent being wasted on a shitty Arizona team. He gets absolutley no run support. There is only so much a pitcher can do to win.

The whole time this randy johnson trade talk has been goin on i have been totally against it becasue of everything from the yankees 200 million dollar payroll to the yankees buying there championships.....whatever..... i dont care about that shit anymore....all us yankee fans want the yankees to win the ws this year and we all know they wont get anywhere with the rotation they have right now.......if the yankees are goin to win a playoff series (or beat the red sox for the matter)...they are goin to neeed a big game pitcher.....johnson is def needed right now in the bronx with all the pitching woes they are having.....SO CASHMAN, U BETTER BE ON THE FUCKIN PHONE RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

jus my 2 cents

So the media said he only wanted to go to one team. Were they wrong? How is the media blowing the number 1 lefty, hall of fame, pitcher only wanting to go to a version of an all-star team that i make when i play mlb 2004, out of proportion?

When it's been talked about everyday for the past 3 weeks is when it is blown out of proportion.

I understand why he wants to leave...look at this..

The other night, he went 8 innings, threw 14Ks and let up 1 ER. He lost. Do you know how frustrating it must be for a pitcher like him to lose games like that. It's alot of talent being wasted on a shitty Arizona team. He gets absolutley no run support. There is only so much a pitcher can do to win.

Yeah, but he's being a baby and saying he will only accept a trade to the Yankees when the trade might not be feasible. Its not wrong wanting to be traded in the to a contending team if you are unhappy, but why would he not accept a trade to Anaheim or LA? Isnt LA in 1st place? arent they both much closer to his home?

self-righteousness to its max

He is stating that he will only accept a trade to the Yankees....which is not the sad part

It doesnt surprise me the least that he would only consider ONLY the yamkees as the only team he would agree a trade to. The Dodgers gave the D'backs a phenomenal deal/trade for Randy... they are contenders.... but he turned them down.... Randy is a classic "yamkee"... he's more of a mercernary... think back to when he was an Astro... then a Mariner... then a D'back.... now he wants to be a Yamkee... sounds like the guy has his overblown ego taking control... I just wish the D'backs could find a crack in his contract agreement and trade his sorry ass to the Expos, lets see how he likes it. I fucking hate mercernaries and Randy is a walking example..its not like he's still looking for his 1st WS ring to cap his exceptional career. what a fucking joke.!

I fucking hate mercernaries and Randy is a walking example..its not like he's still looking for his 1st WS ring to cap his exceptional career. what a fucking joke.!

He's human... no one likes losing, nor does anyone like to take credit for a loss when your team doesn't produce or if they blow the game for you.

Btw - he already has a ring, courtesy of the Yankees. Remember Schilling/Johnson versus the Yankes? ;)