Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Moving In

moniquetz007

Based on my experiences, I say never. If you look are gonna get married what do you have to look forward to? Just have two places and stay where you want...It's the same thing IMO. You will learn the other persons daily tendencies eventually. Plus you will have a place to stay if things get a bit rocky and you need a break.

with your sign. other....how long do you think you should wait to do this??

its not a question really on how long u should wait....whenever u really want to get to know the person ur thinking of settling down with....thats when u should move in together!!!!!!!!!!! cuz as the saying goes.....u never know some1 till u live with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

it's a tough situation, but I would wait atleast 6mos-1yr. i live with my sig other and it gets tough sometimes. The alone time you had before it cut short if not obsolete. You have to adjust everything - I would say try it part time - like spend a couple of weeks before making it definite. See if you like it. You won't have the option of going "home" anymore. I think that I miss that sometimes. You end up dividing a lot more of your time w/ the other person

I would say as long as it takes for the two of you to seriously think you will spend the rest of your lives together... it would help if he gave you a ring as well (since guys are notorious for slowing down their thought process once the girl moves in). I was with my ex for seven years (16 when I started dating her) and she moved in for six months... those were the last six months we were together. We ended up having a bunch of arguements and breaking up. Ironic as it was, I'm glad that it happened since I learned a valuable lesson in respecting someone elses individuality and being sensitive to others... :)

Due to an unexpected situation I moved in with my boyfriend (after being together for 3 months), fortunately everything worked out well...now I've been living with him for a year and 3 months...bottom line - you never know what might happen unless you go for it...

I would say hold off as long as possible... What it comes down to is that if this person is the one for you and you think you're going to spend your lives together then what's the hurry?? Having your space and having time to yourself is very important and shouldn't be taken lightly. Remember your time away from your s/o is just as important as your time together....

im not sure on how long but i agree w/ mostly everyone on here that its a 50/50 thing where they both want to get married and think about their future together......deff is a big step from being just a couple

when that time comes i will be totally happy :love:

I don't think living together is such a bad thing. I dated a girl and we practically lived together. We ate, slept, and did evreryday things together. That brought us a lot closer and it was a lot of fun. Moving in together just has to happen. When the both of you are so happy together that being apart becomes a hassle. I guess that is when you should comsider it. To time limit.

Absolutely as soon as possible. If they aren't worth living with, why are you bothering with them? Just a long-term fling, is it? If it is, then that is cool, but just call it what it is. Annette & I moved in together after just a few months, and that was even too long. And we've been together for 17 years. AND we've never been married. So, all of ya'll don't know nothing about it (and I mean that in the nicest way). To give a more definitive answer, I'd say between 3 and 6 months. But, basically, as soon as you know they are your "boyfriend", as opposed to your "date", then it is time to step up. Otherwise you could end up like Captainpec and spend 7 years dating someone you are not compatible with. Wouldn't it be better to find out sooner, rather than later. That way, if it works out, then you have that much more bliss time. If it doesn't work out, then you can move on that much sooner and look for someone who would be the right boyfriend.

Based on my experiences, I say never. If you look are gonna get married what do you have to look forward to? Just have two places and stay where you want...It's the same thing IMO. You will learn the other persons daily tendencies eventually. Plus you will have a place to stay if things get a bit rocky and you need a break.

I agree :aright:

Thats the smart move ;)

Absolutely as soon as possible. If they aren't worth living with, why are you bothering with them? Just a long-term fling, is it? If it is, then that is cool, but just call it what it is. Annette & I moved in together after just a few months, and that was even too long. And we've been together for 17 years. AND we've never been married. So, all of ya'll don't know nothing about it (and I mean that in the nicest way). To give a more definitive answer, I'd say between 3 and 6 months. But, basically, as soon as you know they are your "boyfriend", as opposed to your "date", then it is time to step up. Otherwise you could end up like Captainpec and spend 7 years dating someone you are not compatible with. Wouldn't it be better to find out sooner, rather than later. That way, if it works out, then you have that much more bliss time. If it doesn't work out, then you can move on that much sooner and look for someone who would be the right boyfriend.

cUZ it doesn't always work like that for everyone. Yours' seems to be a special case.

I know people who went out for a few months, moved in and it wrecked the whole thing. They didn't have any breathing space, and things got old fast.

If you've been with someone, and you decide to move in with each other, it could wreck everything b/c it may be too much

What's the need to rush into moving in with each other? Unless you are 30+ and you know what you want, i wouldn't recommend it ;)

DON'T DO IT!!!!! you run the risk of getting involved in a lease that binds you to this person no matter what, and it sucks when things go sour and you still have to live together. i don't know when i'll live with a guy again no matter how much i like him, and even if he is staying at my place EVERY night, it is important that he has his own place to go to when necessary.

i repeat, you could be in for a world of drama, living with someone puts so many strains on a relationship, figuring out how to pay all the bills and everything. don't move in with someone just to "play house", the fantasy won't last, only do it if you intend to marry this person.

DON'T DO IT!!!!! you run the risk of getting involved in a lease that binds you to this person no matter what, and it sucks when things go sour and you still have to live together. i don't know when i'll live with a guy again no matter how much i like him, and even if he is staying at my place EVERY night, it is important that he has his own place to go to when necessary.

i repeat, you could be in for a world of drama, living with someone puts so many strains on a relationship, figuring out how to pay all the bills and everything. don't move in with someone just to "play house", the fantasy won't last, only do it if you intend to marry this person.

It is def. a risk....with risk comes great rewards....and great failures.

I agree that you shouldn't jump the gun on moving in with a sig. other, but here is my dilemma....

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 7 months, my current lease runs out in december (which will make it a year relationship for us) The apartments and condos down here in Fort Lauderdale are SOOOOO EXPENSIVE!! The only way to get by is with a roommate, and even then it's still expensive. In December I will have no roommate prospects and he is looking to move around then too. It just makes SO much more sense to get a HUGE 1/1 for $900/month.... rather than each of us paying $700/month for our own place. What should I do??? His mom has already mentioned that we should move in together (but I think she just wants him out of there)

I agree that you shouldn't jump the gun on moving in with a sig. other, but here is my dilemma....

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 7 months, my current lease runs out in december (which will make it a year relationship for us) The apartments and condos down here in Fort Lauderdale are SOOOOO EXPENSIVE!! The only way to get by is with a roommate, and even then it's still expensive. In December I will have no roommate prospects and he is looking to move around then too. It just makes SO much more sense to get a HUGE 1/1 for $900/month.... rather than each of us paying $700/month for our own place. What should I do??? His mom has already mentioned that we should move in together (but I think she just wants him out of there)

well for one, don't let his mother determine whether or not you move in together!!!

also, i just wouldn't move in with someone just because it makes financial "sense". fuk dat.

You know,for being a blonde your pretty smart. ;)