Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Carisa's Bday@Crobar w/ Jon Cowan & Anthony Pappa

Bling

Crobar as of late has really hit its stride lately. Such moves as bringing in Ralph Falcon as their new resident and booking djs like Donald Glaude, Anthony Pappa, and Sasha in the past few months, coupled with Edgar's cuurent residency, Crobar has been impressive.

I was accompanied tonite by two lovely ladies (non board members),

Vivian and Ester along with Ester's long time friend David. Thanks to Colby's and Jon's list I was able to get myself and all my lady friends into the club with no problem. Their was a bit of a wait by the cash register but nothing to complain about. The drink tickets were distributed, we were hooked up.... :Though they didnt stay for too long I am glad they got to mee the birthday Girl Carisa

Jon was on the decks already throwing down a nice progressive house set. The place was pretty empty at the time so I drop in to say Hello to Jon and introduce him to my friends. We then got our drinks and went to the third floor got some pics.... Yada Yada....... LOL

Around 12 the place started to get jumping. As always there was a large representation of board members. Mostly from CJ this time but there were some Cper's as well.

Special shoutout goes to Macboy... u stayed longer then i did. I am impressed. :bowdown: no early bed time for u tonite sir ;) Also great to see James (Coach) and Annie, as well as Koky, Edgar V, Sammy O, Renzo, Jimmy T, Patois, and OMFGGGGGGGG FUNKETEER!!!!! :bowdown: great to see u again after so long...... :bowdown:

There was a lot of junkies in attendance. Of course POD, Trancelator, Turbo240, Zero, Diego's friend Jamie, Andrew Chibale, MDP, BCNjunkie, etc.......

What I have noticed in the past few weeks at Crobar is that lots of industry people are attending the big events from Edgar V to Anthony Pappa. Tonite, was no exception. In attendance was: Luis Puig, Oscar G and his brother, Karin( great seeing u again), Stryke (Greg), and a very sweet young lady i had the pleasure of meeting, Dominique (Loft Magazine)..

So around 1245 or so my friends had to leave because they were meeting up with another of their buddies on south beach.

At this point i bump into Catalina (Caticataca)....I want to send a special thank you for making my nite a great one. Your a blast to hang with and a very sweet girl. Looking foward to the pics you took tonite. Catalina from what she told me, was very impressed with Crobar (her first time there).

Jon Cowan and Anthony Pappa Sets

Jon and Anthony were pretty much tag teaming all nite. SO glad for Jon to be spinning for a packed house. Definitly well deserved. I really liked the last few tracks of his set before Anthony took the decks. Havent heard a few of those tracks in a long time. (I wish I could ID them but I suck at id'ing house)

I was pretty much on the dance floor at this time. Overall the end of Jon's set before Anthony Pappa came one had me dancing the most all nite long.

Anthony Pappa was ok. A lot better then Lawler and Hernan @ Space no question. What really impressed me though was Anthony's use of both Cdr's and both turntables he was really moving around up there just trying to keep up... He definily used all the equipment he was given. Definitly hope Jon at Crobar again. Just a quick funny note. I was getting into the harder stufff Jon was dropping and i started to dance a bit right on the railing surrounding the booth, when Stryke (Greg) comes up to me and says "THAT'S TECHNO" heh u trying to convert me ? def cant wait for Nocturnal to open up to ck you out on a regular basis.

Overall he club never really got too too packed but it was jammed enough, especially the area behind the DJ booth. People dancing, drinking... etc......

As opposed to the times I am there for Edgar V (I am normally jumping around in the booth) I had the opportunity to walk around the club at some length. I never get tired of people watching from the second floor. Seeing people dancing from above all in unison.... Poetry in motion. From up there got to see the bartender up front bust out with a fire extinguisher and spray it all around kickin up napkins everywhere.

Last but certainly not least, must send out a huge shoutout to Carisa. May you have a happy and incredible birthday weekend. I was honored to share such a milestone birthday with you. (oops my mistake the first annivesary of your 29th birthday)

Left at around 430 am and as I was walking back to my car noticed something went down on Washington. CSI vans and cops everywhere with yellow tape surrounding a part of the street. Not good.....

Till next time...... most likely tomrrow at either Space or Blue

I had a blast at crobar last night, hope you had fun crazyc. It was nice meeting some of you guys (coachjames,funketeer,bling, carisa), I only stayed for a few hours, but it was fun. Having to move out of my house on my own when I am this hungover is not going to be fun, but Id say it was worth it. Bling, nice meeting you, and actually, this is a good review, alot better than any of your previous ones. Im out until I recover.

Stay Classy Miami.

:aright:

Bling... your reviews are getting pretty good brother... no pulitzer, but getting MUCH better! It was the best of both worlds... you gave me enough info about the party, music AND people in attendance, I actually felt like I could pull off telling someone I was there!

Thanks Bling!

Blingalicious cockalicious freak! Quit the shenanigans! We are tired of your long posts. Save us some bandwidth. I could probably dl an entire chipmunks album before opening one of your threads!

:half:

why don't you use that overactive mouth for something more constructive

I had a blast at crobar last night, hope you had fun crazyc. It was nice meeting some of you guys (coachjames,funketeer,bling, carisa), I only stayed for a few hours, but it was fun. Having to move out of my house on my own when I am this hungover is not going to be fun, but Id say it was worth it. Bling, nice meeting you, and actually, this is a good review, alot better than any of your previous ones. Im out until I recover.

Stay Classy Miami.

thanks..... yep i was def shocked seeing u there . it was a good party.

:aright:

Bling... your reviews are getting pretty good brother... no pulitzer, but getting MUCH better! It was the best of both worlds... you gave me enough info about the party, music AND people in attendance, I actually felt like I could pull off telling someone I was there!

Thanks Bling!

thankz vaughnz :) hopefully ill make it out tonite to Blue :) i need some lust4house :bowdown:

I don't think I've ever felt the energy that high in Crobar. Jon, your opening set was one of the best I've heard since I moved to Miami. And the music the whole night was really good. Got a little too banging for my taste every now and then, but other than that, really good.

Kudos to the Crobar Staff:

1) When we showed up, the regular cross-dressing doorperson was not there and the two new-ish girls seemed a little swamped. So, when we got in on the list, she gave us the wrong tickets. We got up to David the ticket-taker guy, and he does like this triple take, and then turns to me and says, "Whose list are you on?" I'm kind of taken aback, worrying about door drama since the girls in front of us had just gone through some, but I also kind of thought we had gotten the wrong tickets. So, I told him, and he said we had the wrong tickets and to go back out and get the right ones. I was very impressed. Not only had this guy remembered us for seeing us maybe 2 minutes a night, but he even remembered which list we were usually on. So, good job David!

2) We had SOOOOOO much fun last night that I did something at the end of the night that I have never done in my life, I walked off without closing my tab, leaving my credit card and license. We wandered home, stopping for a soda, turned on the TV and watched a bit, and while I was going over in my head how much we spent, I realized that I didn't have any idea!!! So, we hurriedly re-dressed and sped up there. It was around 5:20 by this point. We got up there and explained the situation to the guy behind the door and he happily let us in and ushered us upstairs where the bartendress had kept my cards safe and sound. She had even gone so far as to close us out *without* a tip! Needless to say, we left her all the cash in our wallet (which really wasn't that much by that time).

Anyway, everyone seemed to be in a really good mood last night. The staff was friendly and smiling, moreso even then normal. And all the patrons really seemed to be feeling it. The dance floor filled up really quickly and stayed busy all night long. Very good night!

why don't you use that overactive mouth for something more constructive

Yeah good point. Here is something more constructive. Take your head and shut it up your ass.

:half:

And to tranzwhore drama is boring these days. The freaks are here with blingalickalot and miamimonkey.

:half::half:

I just want to say thank you again to Jon Cowan and Colby Reese for hooking it up for my Bday last night. Thank you guys so much. :D I had a great time and the music was great. Jon you had a GREAT opening set and you looked like you were having a great time. Nice to see you behind the decks again. :D And another big THANK YOU to everyone that came out to celebrate with me. The night would not haven been as enjoyable if it wasnt for you guys...you RAWK.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

PS. Jon, bring Nick Warren to Crobar...PLEASE!!!!!

hey guys - big thankyou to everyone! last night was simply amazing. Anthony and I had a blast playing for you guys and I am so happy we were able to have a bliss party for carissa's b-day! Happy b-day babe! thanks to all of you who supported us. I hope this is the first of many bliss events at crobar! I love that room! :bounce:

I just want to say thank you again to Jon Cowan and Colby Reese for hooking it up for my Bday last night. Thank you guys so much. :D I had a great time and the music was great. Jon you had a GREAT opening set and you looked like you were having a great time. Nice to see you behind the decks again. :D And another big THANK YOU to everyone that came out to celebrate with me. The night would not haven been as enjoyable if it wasnt for you guys...you RAWK.

PS. Jon, bring Nick Warren to Crobar...PLEASE!!!!!

Glad to see you had a great time Carisa sorry couldnt make it you know why.....saw the pictures and looked like a bad ass party,ohwell it isnt the last one thats for sure. :beer:

great music + great people + favorite club + CrzyC's birthday = kick ass party!!!!

next one is John Digweed on the 30th. :eek: can't wait!!!!

a whole post without a single word of hating !! :eek: you are getting better my friend :biggrin: